NHL'94 Forums

Power Plays - no goalie control for penalty kill rule

segathon

So what do you think of this wrinkle to game play?

I always thought being on the power play isn't that much of an advantage in the 16 bit version of game.  

So to give the power play more oomph what do you think about "no manual goalie" for team on penalty kill rule?

I like it a lot, but my biggest worry is can it be enforced during the heat of the game.  What would be the penalty if someone switched to goalie during PK? 

too hard to enforce...

but yeah the PP is a double-edged sword. In the Vancouver round robin video, I refer to it as the "power kill" because there were so many short-handed goals

so on the other hand.. the penalties are pretty random, so the fact it can work out either way is maybe not a bad thing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

too hard to enforce...

but yeah the PP is a double-edged sword. In the Vancouver round robin video, I refer to it as the "power kill" because there were so many short-handed goals

so on the other hand.. the penalties are pretty random, so the fact it can work out either way is maybe not a bad thing?

Always a bummer when the cpu gets you 2 in the sin bin for something that is completely off screen. Never a fan of playing enabled them for this reason. 

• Like 1

Yeah the Drone Penalties are killer and random

I think the only way to enforce would be pausing and switching to auto goalie which kinda kills flow of game. 

I like it!  Would be at least interesting to try.

Penalties are *sometimes* random and it sucks, but to me it's another part of the randomness of the game, which makes it so fun.  If there was a way to have this game have a "tournament" setting, where all randomness, boosts, momentums were turned off, that would also be interesting for the guys who want competitive play.  

• Like 1

One thing I've always noticed is that It really feels like the game will try to balance out penalties if PIM becomes lopsided. Anytime I end up with a 5-on-3 against me, I know if it's early in the game that the pendulum will swing back the other way.