NHL'94 Forums

Oh, hello. How goes?

Chillivend

Well, I promised myself I would step up and make an account here. Now here we are.

My name is Nick Tobolski, known online as Chilli or Chillivend, and while I have formerly attempted to develop games for a living, I've decided to do something else... celebrate and support the greatest sport in the world... HOCKEY.

From my local NHL team the Boston Bruins, to witnessing the birth (and death), of the Worcester IceCats, and Worcester Sharks (where I saw my very first hockey game in person), and the birth of the ECHL Worcester Railers, Ive lived almost my whole life in a little town called Webster, passively enjoying this great sport, but never really actively keeping up on it.

That is... until now. I love hockey video games, especially the EA Genesis to PS2 games. Now picking up as many games as I can, I want to spend every day living, breathing, and feeling the thrills, spills, and chills of a good game of hockey.

I picked up NHL 94 a year or two ago, and thought it was quite fun, not knowing a huge community existed for the game. Now, I wanna jump in.

I'll pop in at least once a day, and along the way, I hope to play a few matches, make a few friends, and cherish a few memories.

I hope I am welcomed here with relatively open arms, and can't wait to get out on the ice again.

-Chillivend

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kingraph said:

Welcome bud! :D

Thank you! I think I'm really gonna like this place!

6 hours ago, halifax said:

welcome to the site! I'd recommend joining the discord server as well (best place to ask for online games).

click here ---> https://discordapp.com/invite/kvYSWWC

Already done, halifax. Already done.

3 hours ago, clockwise said:

Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games.

Haha, thanks, clockwise.

Thanks for welcoming me in with such open arms. I can't wait to really get active (I'll be on daily, but I cant do much in the way of participating in online games, etc., but there are just a few life issues that I still need to sort out first. I have had bad lick finding employment, and by the end of the year, I'll be facing eviction for not being able to pay my share of the apartment's bills (we all pay a share of the total costs.) Once I have some money coming in, I can really enjoy myself here. I'm planning on picking up a real physical copy of NHL 94 for GEN, and an Analogue Mega SG for some 1080p60 EA 16-bit hockey action. Til then, I have my emu roms for Genesis and GBA (been getting a kick out of NHL 02, as its essentially a 32 bit upgrade of the 16 bit Genesis games. Still working on getting 94 SCD working.... :(

Anyway, thanks again, and I hope to make a big splash here soon enough.

-Chilli

P.S. in the meantime, I made this not too long ago. Thought I might as well add it here.

EEbmbWZWsAMFyfQ.png

57 minutes ago, clockwise said:

Get that money, sonny. We'll be here when you're ready to rock.

:D