Sign in to follow this  
The Sauce

NHL 2020 Season ROM by The Sauce

Hi All - I just posted V4.  It reflects recent trades and the Kovalchuk signing (MTL).  

What's new:

*Tweaked jersey colors for COL and CGY.
*Updated NLC lines for EDM, CHI and VAN.
*Added the stamina hack so that lines/d pairings tire faster, when using line changes.  Line changes will occur more often in games that have longer than 5 min periods.  Not an exact science but I have seen improvement.  It has no barring on games with NLC.
*Altered my goalie ratings to no longer be structured in tiers.  Allows for better ratings.  
*Updated several player ratings.

New to community.  Got a Sega Genesis mini for Christmas and it lead me to this forum.  I downloaded v4 and made the following cover art.  Enjoy.

nhl942020cover.jpg

nhl942020spine.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lendogg81 said:

New to community.  Got a Sega Genesis mini for Christmas and it lead me to this forum.  I downloaded v4 and made the following cover art.  Enjoy.

nhl942020cover.jpg

nhl942020spine.jpg

Nicely done @lendogg81!

And, welcome to the NHL94 community!

On 1/6/2020 at 8:15 PM, lendogg81 said:

nhl942020cover.jpg

nhl942020spine.jpg

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Trade Deadline ROM will be posted tomorrow.  It is essentially done.  I am just awaiting a few confirmations on some jersey numbers.  File and details to come...

• Like 1

Ok, so my Trade Deadline ROM has been posted on page one of this thread ("NHL94 2020 vTD").

What to know:

*Updated rosters and jersey numbers are of 2/24.  No Evan Rodrigues on the Pens due to roster structure limits (and Guentzel still being on the game roster).
*Lines and D-pairings are not exact in each case.  Feel free to change as you see fit.
*All injured players, who have not been officially ruled out for the year, are still in the active rosters.
*Players who are out for the season are in the game but not active.  Some, are still in the NLC lines (Erik Karlsson, Tomas Hertl and Jake Guentzel).
*Updated some Center Ice logos and Team Selection Logos (forgot which ones - lol)
*New NLC players and/or images for ARZ, BUF, CBJ, CHI, DET, EDM, FLA, LAK, NJD, NYR, OTT & WPG.
*Increased stamina reduction which allows more line changes for any game with periods over 5 mins in length (yes, CHK line can appear in period 1).

For all other ROM details, please review the original post on page 1 of this thread.  My next, and final, ROM post, for this season, will be the Playoff Edition.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 3

Thanks man! First time in years I actually missed the trade deadline I've been so focused on work. Plan to get caught up by playing the ROM for a while this weekend.

17 hours ago, clockwise said:

Thanks man! First time in years I actually missed the trade deadline I've been so focused on work. Plan to get caught up by playing the ROM for a while this weekend.

Cool!  Hope you enjoy it!  It was fun to update it.  Of course, as soon as I replace Lundqvist with Shesterkin's headshot, for NLC rotating images, the kid gets into a car accident and is sidelined with a fractured rib(s).  The curse of the NY Rangers!!!  It's why Rangers fans can't have nice things.  LOL

Love your roms. And I'm going to win the Stanley Cup with the Islanders! 

1 hour ago, Gassoff said:

Love your roms. And I'm going to win the Stanley Cup with the Islanders! 

Thanks!  The Isles were one of the center ice logos that I fixed to no longer be "stretched".  Hat tip to Jkline for that suggestion.  I also updated their home jerseys (as best I as I could).  The blue may be a hair too dark, not sure... I need to play around with it.

5 minutes ago, Tabs3121 said:

Thanks for the update

You're welcome!

Hi All!

So, unfortunately, due to the coronavirus scare/situation, we now have a suspended NHL season with no certainty for it's return.  So, to alleviate some boredom and/or hockey withdrawal, I am releasing a "Playoff Edition" for my rom ("NHL94 2020 vPO").  It's the playoff brackets as of 3/12/20.  So, if the season doesn't reconvene, these would be your playoff brackets (assuming there would be a playoffs).

What to know:

*There are two playoff brackets within this rom.  One, for the teams that would be in the playoffs as of today.  Two, those teams that didn't make it into the post-season.  As the west, for bracket 2, only has 15 teams, I added St. Louis to balance it out.
*Updated rosters and jersey numbers are of 3/12/20.  No Evan Rodrigues on the Pens due to roster structure limits (and Guentzel still being on the game roster).
*Lines and D-pairings are not exact in each case.  Feel free to change as you see fit.
*All injured players, who have not been officially ruled out for the year, are still in the active rosters.
*Players who are out for the season are in the game but not active.  Some, are still in the NLC lines (Erik Karlsson, Tomas Hertl and Jake Guentzel).
*New NLC players and/or images for PIT.  I made Matt Murray the starter (again) as many believe that he will be come playoff time (if there is one) as he has played better lately, has tons of post-season experience and Sully really likes/trusts him.
*I updated/tweaked jersey colors for all teams.  Some may be a little more noticeable then others if you have a older version of the rom.  I used a site that provides official team RGB colors to try and get the game colors closer to the actual colors (as best I could).
*Increased stamina reduction which allows more line changes for any game with periods over 5 mins in length.

For all other ROM details, please review the original post on page 1 of this thread.  If the season returns and we get a change in the playoffs seeding, I will release an updated version.

Enjoy!

Edited by The Sauce
  • Thanks 2

Howdy!  Caught two mistakes in my latest rom post.  I have fixed them and re-uploaded it.  I also added a couple of players and touched up some CI logos (for kicks and giggles). 

Cheers!

A little late posting this but I posted the NHL 2019 cover a while back and I do have a new one for 2020. Here it is:

NHL 94 2020.jpg

NHL 94 2020.psd

Edited by George
  • Like 1