NHL'94 Forums

SNES LEAGUE UPDATE

schwartz

Damn its been quiet around here guys, and I apologize on my part as I have been letting myself get buried by other stuff rather than idling on AIM more often and I'm going to have to chagne that.

Just a quick update though as I'm in the process of emailing a few guys who have been no shows thus far. It's important that we get some fresh faces in as we now have a 2 week deadline to try and finish up the first 20 games of the season. Real kudos to deer and a few other guys who have managed to knock off a bunch already though and we just need to keep that going :(

I also need to apologize for the promised stanely cups as they are currently sitting on my fireplace in a 3/4 finished state. I'm going to give it all another go and see if we can't get it out to the champions in decent time.

Ok hot damn am I tired so I sleep now but talk to you guys soon.

Damn its been quiet around here guys, and I apologize on my part as I have been letting myself get buried by other stuff rather than idling on AIM more often and I'm going to have to chagne that.

Just a quick update though as I'm in the process of emailing a few guys who have been no shows thus far. It's important that we get some fresh faces in as we now have a 2 week deadline to try and finish up the first 20 games of the season. Real kudos to deer and a few other guys who have managed to knock off a bunch already though and we just need to keep that going :(

I also need to apologize for the promised stanely cups as they are currently sitting on my fireplace in a 3/4 finished state. I'm going to give it all another go and see if we can't get it out to the champions in decent time.

Ok hot damn am I tired so I sleep now but talk to you guys soon.

totally agree, play needs to start picking up, the def champ has only played 4 games, shaka at 0 :(, whats up guys, two power houses in the league absent???

totally agree, play needs to start picking up, the def champ has only played 4 games, shaka at 0 :(, whats up guys, two power houses in the league absent???

I'm starting to think we should enforce the month 1 deadline and award forfeit wins to the teams who have played more games or who have demonstrated that they are making a legitimate effort to play their games. This is going waaaaaaaay too slow. Where is everyone?

rudy

Rudy might have a point- the current "deadline" situation might not be enough of a reason to get your games in on time. The way it is now, if you miss a game, it's OK because you can just make it up again later in the future if the other guy agrees to it, which most guys if they're not assholes do. I know the guys running the league don't wanna be going around "punishing" people, cuz that's not fun, but obviously there isn't enough urgency out there to get games played.

Last year's playoffs are proof that the league as a whole DOES suffer if things drag out too long. Most guys in the league seriously didn't give a s**t who won the SNES league by the end, simply because it had taken way too long to get through the playoffs.

Let's pick this up boys!

The lack of participation discourages everyone from playin.

I don't really want to play any more games & get so far ahead.

What about this Deamon guy who keeps posting.... he missed registration right?

why not kick out someone who has zero games & let him in.

He seems to like posting & talking & I think he'll participate 100%

I just looked today but the GEN league has 3 divisions where the # of games played

in the division is more than are whole league combined.

I think its time to learn a new 94

Guest BSDaemon
What about this Deamon guy who keeps posting.... he missed registration right?

why not kick out someone who has zero games & let him in.

He seems to like posting & talking & I think he'll participate 100%

I agree 100% with pokrchamp! :(:(

What about BSDaemon getting on in the B League?

No BS, not trying to take a shot at you this time, but it's just that there are quite a few "inactive" guys in the B League. In the A League, the only guy without any games played I think is shakazuzu, and he's one of the real grizzled vets of this league- you'd think he'll start pouring in the games soon. But the B League has a number of guys with no games played.

The Snes replacements are in the hands of Mat. Hopefully we can get some new blood in there soon, since it seems a handfull of guys didn't realize what they got into.

-Evan