NHL'94 Forums

Fall 2019 Classic League Registration

chaos

Fall '19 Classic League Registration!

Register HERE

For those of you who have registered on the NHL94Online site before, then registration will be easy. You just need to choose "Yes" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?", type in your site user name and password (NOTE: This is different than your forum password and user name, unless you made it the same), and choose the league you will be joining (right now, you can select Genesis or SNES). Then, hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. It's that easy.

For those of you who have not registered on the NHL94Online site before, then there is a little more info needed to complete registration. You need to choose "No" for the question "Have you registered for a league before?" and enter a user name and password (it's common to use the same user name as your forum name or Discord user name). You will also be asked to fill out some more information about yourself (email, location, timezone, Discord user name, system preference). Then choose the league you will be joining (GENS or SNES). Then hit "Submit" and you will be placed on the waiting list. You will then need to play a test game to make sure your connection is set up properly. This does not affect your place on the waiting list, but you cannot play in the league without playing the test game. If you have played in other online leagues before, you are technically confirmed already. Please PM or email me (chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com) and I will change you to Confirmed status. 

Registration deadline will be Sunday, November 10th. The day after, we will hold a Team Selection Draft. The draft order will be randomized. After the draft is completed for each league, the schedules will be released and the league will begin. If everything goes smoothly, the league will start the following Monday after the draft. Schedules may be posted before that time, which means you can start playing, but officially the league would start on that Monday. Stay tuned on Discord leading up to November 10th for more information on the Team Selection Draft.

NOTE: This season, we will be using RetroArch version 1.7.9 for playing online games. Everyone who is playing in the league needs to make sure they have this set up. I suggest everyone play a test game to make sure it is working. Some of you already have experienced Netplay via RetroArch, so please help the others who have yet to try it out. While the relay server (previously used over the last year) has become unreliable connection-wise, I suggest learning how to set up direct connect (IP reservation and port forwarding on your router). 

If you have previously installed RetroArch, I would suggest making a copy of your retroarch.cfg file located in the main RetroArch folder (for Windows users). Then, delete the whole RetroArch folder and download the new package that is in the Downloads section on nhl94online.com. This will be the official package we are using. Please follow the instructions on the "Getting Started" page (link below) for setup instructions. Please feel free to contact me if there are any questions/problems! (either via PM here, email, or Discord)

For more info on setting up direct connect using IP reservation and port forwarding, please check out this guide.

Note: If you are having trouble/issues with setting up direct connect, please post in the #retroarch-help channel on Discord. I would suggest giving it a shot yourself first, before requesting help, so at least you will be familiar with certain things when those helping are asking you questions. There may also be situations where you cannot do port forwarding on your router (don't have access to it, ISP prevents it, etc). This will be handled on a case by case basis. 

LEAGUE INFO

The season is 40 games. There will be no limit on registration this season; as long as you register and played a successful test game, you will play. We will divide the registrants up into different League Levels based on skill and experience in online leagues. The different League Levels will be decided after registration is over. If you register after the registration period is over, you will be placed on the Waiting List for the league. Don't worry if you end up on the Waiting List, there is a strong chance you will end up taking over a team during the season!

40 game leagues will have the same 6 games/wk checkpoints as the past few seasons.

You CAN NOT sign up for multiple league levels (i.e. GENS and SNES). Only those who are reliable will be allowed to do so, at the discretion of us admins. This will allow you to concentrate on one league.

For those coaches that are new, I suggest practicing and becoming familiar with a few teams. This way, you will have multiple teams on your "Draft Board" to select from during the Team Selection Draft. Note, there will not be more than 14 teams in a league level, so with at most 14 teams drafting, you will have a good shot at a Tier A or B team.

You can contact any veteran coach to play some exhibition games, or practice against the computer. Please post here or in the Introduction Thread after you register. Also, you must join our Discord Server (link at end of post). Whenever you are available, you can post in the #testgame thread on the server and request a test game.

Good luck! If there are any questions or problems, feel free to PM us or email us at chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com, or KingRaph at kingraph[at]nhl94[dot]com.

INFORMATION FOR NEW GUYS

Read This - Guide for New Members

If you are new to the league, welcome! We are a big friendly community here, and there are a number of guys who are always around willing to help the new guys out. First things first, you need to register for NHL94.com (this site), as well as on the nhl94online.com site (registration link at the beginning of this post). It is also required to have a Discord screen name, since that is the main method of communication for scheduling games. Once you are registered, the next step is to set up a test game. You can use the forum links below and post your availability. You can also post on the Discord server, in the #test-games channel and request a game (this is recommended, since there are more active users checking in on Discord). One of the veterans will send you a PM or a message on Discord (or feel free to add some veterans onto your Discord Friend List and message them yourselves). A test game needs to be played in order to make sure your emulator/network settings are correct. Once the test game is played, the veteran will confirm you on the nhl94online site. Once this is done, you are set until the season starts. A few days before the season starts, usually the day after registration ends, we will be holding a Team Selection Draft to choose teams. The draft will be held in the forums, so please make sure you register! An email will be sent out to all registrants before the draft, so it is important to register using an email you commonly check (also check your Spam or Junk folder). Once teams are selected, the schedules will be put up on the site and you can start playing your games. There will be another post announcing the start of the season, with information on how to log games, contact other coaches, and how to make the playoffs. Also, keep an eye on the Discord, as information is usually posted there first.

Everything you need to play can be downloaded in one package from the nhl94online.com site. On the main page of the site, the Downloads section is located bottom right. This contains the ROMs used for the league, along with the emulator cores and the current RetroArch frontend.

I hope we get some new guys who recently participated in some of our live tournaments!!

Again, if you have any questions, please email me (chaos[at]nhl94[dot]com) or PM me via the forums.

Discord Server (You can register for a new account via the link) - NHL '94 Server
Getting Started Online - RetroArch setup and link to Netplay Guide- Getting Started
Rules - Rules
Genesis Test Games - Post Here or #test-games on Discord
SNES Test Games - Post Here or #test-games on Discord
View the Waiting List here

• Like 2

• chaos pinned this topic
On 11/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, clockwise said:

Just a heads up for Gens: Razmataz_FlankSteak is actually Segathong. We played 5 or 6 games so he's good to go. 

Edit: just realized we use this tool to confirm: http://nhl94online.com/html/confirm_player.php

11 hours ago, Ozmataz_Buckshank said:

@chaosLikewise!