NHL'94 Forums

February 29th 2020 Edge of 94 Midwest Presents : Modano, Mo Problems Genesis/SNES Tournament! Powered by AV For You!

We're excited to announce that we've partnered with @rcv from Vancouver.  The winners of the SNES and Genesis tournaments they hold in January, will win free entry into this tournament!

Check out their event on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/581691342398017/

Also check out their event on these very boards

15 minutes ago, Edge of '94 Midwest said:

Is Canada a commonwealth?

If so my bad bud.  On that note, when are you coming back?

No worries :D. It's not actually called a commonwealth, rather it's part of "The Commonwealth of Nations" which is basically the UK and a bunch of former territories. Which I only know because of the Commonwealth Games (mini olympics that shows up on TV every few years).

Can't say; not a big traveller.

52 minutes ago, smozoma said:

No worries :D. It's not actually called a commonwealth, rather it's part of "The Commonwealth of Nations" which is basically the UK and a bunch of former territories. Which I only know because of the Commonwealth Games (mini olympics that shows up on TV every few years).

image.png

Flights aren't too shabby out of Ottowa to Minneapolis.  The buds at large would love to have you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2019 at 11:59 AM, smozoma said:

Also @smozoma :

Has won Long Island tournament in 2017...

Took 2nd in SNES in Green Bay in 2018...

Has been to all of the King of 94 main events, Toronto, Vegas, Vancouver, back to Toronto, as well as Retrothon in Saskatoon, and probably other tournaments outside of Ottawa...

I get it, NHL94  tournaments are business trips.  :D

I think @angryjay93  and @halifaxmight be the only guys who travel more than you do for NHL94, with @kingraph and @IAmFleury'sHipCheck taking a close 3rd/4th place.

If it works for you we'd love to have you back.  If not, we'll understand, and continue to appreciate all you do in the community.

Hmm don't do that pressuring ^   :/

After doing Sask-VEG-LI-GB in a period of ~15 months in 2016-18 (plus a trip with friends to Iceland in 2015) I concluded/admitted that travelling was not for me and have only done the two Ko94s since then.

That said, outside of the Ko94s, I'll probably go to NY/LI again (packaged as a trip with the girlfriend, like last time) and looking to go to MTL some time as it's close.

(corbettkb won LI! Beat me in 3 games. I treasure the NYI pillow I won, though :D)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a friendly reminder, that we have a couple of important dates coming up...

December 30th at 7PM we will be holding our SNES Satellite at DMEN Tap in Chicago, IL.  Turnout is looking good for that.  We'll be streaming over on the Retro Sports Gamer channel that evening, so we hope everyone will tune in!   The winner will get free entry to the Modano Feb 29th tournament!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g

Secondly, we do have just 4 days remaining should you wish to be eligible to win the signed Neal Broten jersey.  Shoot your $40 over to www.paypal.me/trojan1979 via friends and family to get locked in.

We'll announce the winner over live stream New Years Eve!

Thanks buds!

image.png

California is in, and you know what that means?  3 time Edge champion @angryjay93 is registered, and ready to extract his pound of flesh from the competition!

Tomorrow is the last day to get signed up to be eligible to win that Neal Broten jersey, so let's get signed up today!

Looks like SK made it in before the January 1st cutoff!  After family events today we will go live on Facebook to announce the winner, and discuss a few other happenings from this weekend, along with what's to come!  Thanks for all the continued support!

image.png

Edited by Edge of '94 Midwest

This week marks the beginning of prize reveals for those that attend the tournament! 

The Shield is responsible for most of the prizes you will  be seeing  between now and the day of the tournament, and we can't thank him enough!

First off is this Starting Lineup Dominik Hasek figure.  While he rarely sees the ice in NHL94, we all know just how dominating "The Dominator" was during his time with Buffalo.

This prize can be won by anyone attending Modano Mo Problems as a paid player!

hasek (2).jpg

Another day, another prize!  This Curtis Joseph figure is from his time with the Leafs, but we all know him as one of the Blues.  With one of the coolest all time Mask decals,  this figure shows "Cujo" stacking the pads and diving  for what is undoubtedly an epic save!

This prize can be won by anyone attending Modano Mo Problems!

Cujo.jpg

Edited by Edge of '94 Midwest

Today's prize is something of a different announcement.  We're happy to announce that the winner of each division, Genesis and Super Nintendo competing at "The Battle of Vancouver" this month will win free access to our Modano Mo Problems tournament in February!

Image may contain: one or more people

http://vcrgc.eventbrite.ca/?fbclid=IwAR0Jq5Agh8vohJXx53sKE2sYu9paHwukyTAY-vjfeR8fBKN5FZoZwnDMNZ0

If you're thinking of competing in the Battle of Vancouver! Register at the link above!

Please also visit their event posting on this forum

Another day another prize!(Thanks Tim Ubick!) Doug Gilmour is a two time All-Star, won a Stanley Cup with Calgary in '89, and was the best defensive forward in the 92-93 season, winning him the Frank Selke Trophy. Coupled with the 4 weight rating in NHL94, he is a defensive force in the Genesis version of NHL94, and can drive one timers home with ease.

Want to win this figure? Just get signed up for Modano Mo Problems today, and you'll be automatically entered!

$40 ==> paypal.me/trojan1979

gilmour.jpg

After his breakout 92-93 season with the Leafs, Felix "The Cat" Potvin found himself in the starting role, which led to the trade of Grant Fuhr to the Sabres.

You might know him better as the video poster boy for the NHL94 TV commercials.

Want to win this figure?  Compete in Modano Mo Problems February 29th for a chance to win!

Headliner Felix P.jpg

The prizes keep rolling in! Pierre Turgeon is part of a very good forward line for the Islanders in NHL94, a team that suffers from poor defensive play and goaltending. Did you know Pierre has a brother in NHL94? Who is he, and what team does he play for? #edgeof94-midwest Want to win this? Get your signup payment sent in for Modano Mo Problems NHL94 Tournament today, and you'll be entered for a chance to win!

Turgeon.jpg?width=258&height=375

A serious weapon in the SNES version, and curiously absent in the lines of experienced  players in the Genesis version, Hall of Famer Eric Lindros has incredible shot ratings..  This prize can be won by any paid player  in the Modano Mo Problems tournament!

Lindros.jpg

On 1/14/2020 at 7:55 AM, Edge of '94 Midwest said:

The prizes keep rolling in! Pierre Turgeon is part of a very good forward line for the Islanders in NHL94, a team that suffers from poor defensive play and goaltending. Did you know Pierre has a brother in NHL94? Who is he, and what team does he play for? #edgeof94-midwest Want to win this? Get your signup payment sent in for Modano Mo Problems NHL94 Tournament today, and you'll be entered for a chance to win!

Turgeon.jpg?width=258&height=375

Hey it's nice they gave this guy a figure just for being related to the GOAT, Sylvain Turgeon.

• Haha 2