NHL'94 Forums

2019 Fall Classic League Team Draft Info

chaos

Hi Guys,

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for joining the league! We seem to have a ton of new guys playing this season.

I know there have been guys having issues with getting set up for direct connect on RetroArch. Thanks for being patient, and for those of you who are still having issues, please post in Discord. A huge shoutout to @danTML7 for helping some guys out with their setup. Luckily, this is really a one and done kind of deal; once you are set up, you should be good, until you change your computer or router.

I plan on setting the Team Selection Drafts up for Friday, November 15th and will go into Saturday, November 16th. There will be a separate draft for each sub league. I will announce who is in what league on Thursday, along with the draft order. 

The way the draft works:

- The draft order is randomly selected. All Star teams are not allowed to be selected. Each coach selects 1 team that they will play the 40 game season with from the available teams remaining.

- You can post your picks in the Team Selection Draft thread, or the #gens-draft or #snes-draft channels on Discord.

- There will be 1 hour deadlines to make your selection. The deadline times are set based on Eastern Time, and are set between the hours of 5PM-12AM. So, the deadline for the 1st pick is Friday, 5PM EST, 2nd pick is Friday, 6PM EST, etc.

- You have up to your deadline to make your pick. If you miss your deadline, you team will be assigned to you AT THE END OF THE DRAFT USING BEST TEAM AVAILABLE (based on tier). You will be allowed to change that team and select one of the available teams up to 12PM EST Sunday.

- You do not have to wait for your deadline to make your pick. For example, let's say it is 6PM EST, you are pick 5. Your deadline is 9PM EST. But, the 4 coaches ahead of you have already made their selection. You can go ahead and choose your team. Think of your deadline as "up to 9PM EST". The draft tends to go fast, because most guys are around waiting to pick.

- If you don't think you will be available to make your pick, you can leave a "pick list". Send me a DM on Discord (or ask on Discord if anyone will be around and can take your pick list). Leave enough teams on the list to guarantee you will get one of them (Example: We are on pick 2, but you are pick 5 (3 picks later), so leave 4 teams on your pick list).

- Please keep Discord running on your phone, so you can get notifications when it is time for you to draft.

- After the draft, I will generate the league schedule and we will start league play. League play will begin sometime early next week. Stay tuned for more information about that.

Ask draft related questions here or in the #gens-draft or #snes-draft channels on Discord. Any league questions can be asked when the time comes for that!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Also, I am giving anyone who has signed up for the league, and has yet to be confirmed with a test game, up to 11PM EST Tuesday to be confirmed. If you are not confirmed by then, you will be placed on the league waiting list and can be used as a replacement player.

Please check the Waiting List to see if you've been confirmed - League Waiting List