NHL'94 Forums

Fall'19 GENS Team Selection Draft

kingraph

Team draft selection has begun! We will have a 10 team "A" league and 12 team "B" league.  I weighted the draft in B to give new players a better chance at a high draft pick in B.  I did the same with "A" , but just slightly.  

When it is your turn, reply to this thread to choose your team (or hit me up on Discord). You can choose any team that has not already been selected in your league.

I honestly don't think there will be a need for deadlines (haven't ever used them before), but if we go 24 hours without your pick, your turn will be skipped and you will be given best available team at the end of the draft based on the default list.

You can also post your draft list in this thread, or PM me your list if you don't want to post your team selections.

ON THE CLOCK:

A: DONE!

01 - aqualizard - CHI
02 - AtomicRaven - DET
03 - Schmidt - BUF
04 - LeifErikson - BOS
05 - wallywojo - WPG
06 - MikeGartner22 - MTL
07 - dcicon5148 - VAN
08 - zeppelin55 - LAK
09 - corbettkb - DAL
10 - angryjay93 - HFD

B: DONE!

01 - seventieslord - DET
02 - Ozmataz_Buckshank - QUE
03 - MR.T - CHI
04 - Chris O - MTL
05 - Boehm23 - VAN
06 - AdamWoodrow - CGY
07 - Dantml7 - BUF
08 - sonoffett87 - BOS
09 - Chefstar88 - WPG
10 - jmj - STL
11 - jer_33 - TOR
12 - Quetzalcoatlus - DAL

DEFAULT DRAFT LIST (links are to "Building Lines with AJ" Thread)

01. CHI
02. DET
03. BUF
04. MTL
05. CGY
06. VAN
07. BOS
08. DAL
09. WPG
10. TOR
11. QUE
12. LA
13. EDM
14. NYR
15. PHI
16. HFD
17. PIT
18. STL
19. WSH
20. NJ
21. NYI
22. SJ
23. TB
24. FLA
25. OTW
26. ANH

• Like 3

I will select Detroit Red Wings. 

1280px-Detroit_Red_Wings_logo.svg.png

Originally the Cougars from 1926-1930, and the Falcons from 1930-1932, they began as the NHL rehash of the WHL's Victoria Cougars, Winners of the 1925 Stanley Cup FInals (and losers of the 1926 series). They took on the name Red Wings after the Notorious James Norris purchased the franchise. They won 7 stanley cups between 1937 and 1956, and four more in the past 13 years.... none between 1956 and 1996, though.

Detroit has had many illustrious players in their long history, most notable among them Gordie Howe, arguably the greatest player of all-time. Niklas Lidstrom, an outstanding two-way defenseman, and Steve Yzerman, a superlative two- way forward are two others. But not to be forgotten are sixteen other current or future members of the HHOF whose best years were spent in Detroit: Terry Sawchuk, Ted Lindsay, Red Kelly, Sergei Fedorov, Alex Delvecchio, Sid Abel, Pavel Datsyuk, Marcel Pronovost, Ebbie Goodfellow, Henrik Zetterberg, Norm Ullman, Jack Stewart, Syd Howe, Brendan Shanahan, Bill Quackenbush, and Herbie Lewis.

The only seasons in franchise history that one of these all-time greats did not suit up for Detroit, were their first two, the last two, and the nine seasons from 74-75 through 82-83, 13 total seasons in which they earned just one playoff berth. Hey, it's almost like having good players helps ya win!

P197204S.jpg

Edited by seventieslord

9 hours ago, jer_33 said:

Welcome back @wallywojo!

Here here! 

Wally played back in the first NHL'94 online league on the pro genesis sports boards before @Evan got the classic league setup here, if I'm not mistaken.

Great to have you back.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:46 PM, clockwise said:

Here here! 

Wally played back in the first NHL'94 online league on the pro genesis sports boards before @Evan got the classic league setup here, if I'm not mistaken.

Great to have you back.

yep, i did play in that clockwise. I learned an awful lot that season. Looking to do the same this year playing with for the first time in A.