NHL'94 Forums

2019 Bud of the Year Award - (Your turn to Vote)

halifax

NHL94 Bud of the year  

21 members have voted

1. 1. NHL94 Bud of the Year

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2020 at 06:00 AM

Ola buds,

This year has three excellent choices for Bud of the Year.

The bud of the year for me is a good ambassador for the community and has done something extra special for the community in the past 12 months or so.

1. @chaos - He's been the online league guru, helping set up leagues and assisting many members with RetroArch.

2. @Puck Junk - Wrote the greatest article ever written about NHL94 (https://thehockeynews.com/all-access/article/the-making-of-nhl-94-an-oral-history) and won an award for this in 2019 from the Society of Professional Journalist for "Best Sports Story in a Magazine".

3. @smozoma - Created and has maintained the NHL'94 World Rankings and was a key part in the success of the King of 94 tournament.

Voting closes January 1st!

Previous Winners

2009 - @smozoma

2010 - @smozoma

2011 - @smozomaand @dan_lizhot

2012 - @smozoma and @dan_lizhot

2013 - @kingraph

2014 - @chaos

2015 - @McMikey

2016 - @angryjay93

2017 - @slapshot67

2018 - @chaos

• Like 1

I feel like @chaos  @smozoma @kingraph are deserving, but they've won before.

@skip, @slapshot67, @naples39 and @The Sauce are deserving for keeping NHL'94 updated. Having 3 different versions of NHL'94 with current rosters is so awesome. But....

Leo DiCaprio not having and Oscar is almost as bad as

@halifax not being Bud of The Year at least once. For that, how your handled KO94-4, and 10,000,000 other reasons, I have to say, my friend, that you, @halifax, are Bud of The Year.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Is there a reason Halifax is not in consideration?

if that’s not the case, not that any of them aren’t worthy of the prestigious title but I would have to say the man behind the scenes on our kof94 days... the one... the only... The Smoz

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Anyone who needs some persuasion in who they should vote for, Just want to let you know I have some buddies that “paint houses” and they’d love to come by and pay you a visit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I recently posted a meme on social media that was negative in nature against NHL95. So I’m being investigated by the international retro gaming community for video game racism . Not eligible for the bud of the year award. 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 7:02 PM, IAmFleury'sHipCheck said:

Please elaborate

The guy breathes NHL94.

Leif travels through a storm to ditch the family vacation to attend the Green Bay tournament mid vacation, and brings Darik, then braves the weather back to his family.  Now I know many others, EA included had to brave the same storm going back, but doing this mid family vacation takes special dedication.

Leif's done an enormous amount of work behind the scenes to make the Midwest tournament possible to be brought to Minneapolis.  Few will know just how much energy and resources he's put into making this happen already.  He's an active A league player, and an all around champion for NHL94.  When it's all done in February, he'll be on my nomination list again.  He'd also never ask to be nominated.

Oh wait, he also owns this....

Image result for nhl94 arcade

The defense rests your honor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats @chaos! now three time bud of the year. 

Instead of money, chaos asked me to send him a Super Nintendo to replace his burnt melted one. It’s in the mail. Should be there at some point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Congrats on the 3-peat @chaos. Well deserved!

Side note: I just got a great deal on having my house repainted. I usually don't like door-to-door salesmen, but these guys really knew their stuff. They told me that painting the interior of your house results in a 107 percent on the return on investment (ROI), and painting the exterior leads to a 55 percent ROI? Did you know that? Wow!

The nice man said that the house will have to be vacant while they are painting because of the fumes. But they said that they have a place for me to stay that virtually all of their clients go. They said it's really quiet and that I'll be able to rest, undisturbed. Very thoughtful.

Have a great 2020 everyone.

• Haha 1