NHL'94 Forums

NHL 97 v.2

Thornton97

NHL97 V. 2 changed player ratings. instead of stars of East and West added teams of Russia and Sweden. In the hidden menu, instead of EA Sports and Renegades teams, the Czech and Finnish national teams are added. Edited rosters teams Canada USA and Europe. There was a problem when editing the ice of the national teams of Russia, Finland and the Czech Republic. Preferably the ice teams to make all teams EA Sports. Added star player Todd Bertuzzi to the new York islanders, who played 76 games in the 1995-96 season.

NHL_97_v.2_[!].bin

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Thornton97,

I have just tested your hack with the best national hockey teams. Just a couple of things:
Firstly, how can I play with Finland and Czech Republic?

Second, as I could see you edited the text for the names of the teams on the game screen (not on the menu) and also the players.
If you want, I can edit the real team emblems and colors in the menu. This would be a small update of a small update, that we can call: NHL 97 v.2.1.
What do you think?

Best,

TA Marcos

Dear TA_Marcos_Translations. I am very glad that you turned your attention to my mod pack of national teams. I answer your question about how to play the Czech and Finnish national teams. These commands are in the hidden menu of the game. you need to dial the following code A + B + C = start.

Of course, for my part, I will be very grateful for you to make additional changes and additions to this mod. I will be very glad if you consider it necessary for mutual assistance in creating the mod. The other day I plan to create an NHL 98 mod based on the NHL 97 game. To a greater extent, I usually edit the team roster referring to reliable team statistics. I will be glad if you make additions to this mod. This is the creation of logos of national teams, the creation of an ice logo and much more. C Regards Thornton97.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I don't know anything at all about NHL players and team performances. So what I suggest is me being in charge of the graphic and sound part:
Look after the details of the logos and graphics names on the menus and in the ice.
If you want any extra screen in the game I can assemble that.
Regarding the sound, players voices, crowd reaction, I am able to modify that.

Anyway the main idea is to fix the logos of the national hockey teams and their names on the menus and ice logos also. The rest is a heavy work, and being just a small and interesting update, this is enough for a good work.

I will get in touch with you soon.

Best,

TA Marcos Translations

Whoaaa! Another great game we may do something about!

Thought , Brazil not a great squad in this game ... lol

If you do want, I can help with something too

T.A. Marcos we can get other world teams info on this other great hack from Mitch13: 

Sans titre.png

Sui (Switzerland)  x Sweden

Thornton97, I'll try your hack now...

anim-buffalo01.gif

Nelson

Update until now:

SWEDEN at 100%
RUSSIA at 100% - I need to correct a graphic error that duplicate a couple of tiles in the main logo.
CZECH REP. - I have checked on the screen before the game start, there is no way to add the "Z." I checked the graphics for that letter and the Z was not there. I modified the X which is useless on that screen. I will take a look later on.
FINLAND - Working on it.

I think by tomorrow I will finish the whole thing.
From now, have a look to the screens captures I made:

RUS-SWE2png.pngSWE-RUS.pngRUS-SWE1.pngSWE-RUS5.pngRUS-SWE3.pngSWE-RUS4.png

Best,

TA Marcos

Edited by TA_Marcos_Translations

Dear TA_Marcos_Translations. You did a fantastic job of graphical execution of this mod, for which my special thanks are for your work. When this release is finally ready, I think it will become a mini-masterpiece and the number of downloads will increase many times, since you gave it the final look.

Dear TA_Marcos_Translations. There is a slight flaw in this mod. The national teams of the Czech Republic and Finland hidden in the menu have the opportunity to play with the national teams of Canada, the USA and Europe, but there is no way to play matches between the Czech Republic, Finland against the national teams of Russia and Sweden. I already consider you a great Master and I hope that the Teams of the Czech Republic and Finland can appear in the main menu of the game.

I love what you guys are doing here. I really wanted to do a full updated 32-team National ROM for NHL'94 but never got to it, only got to the IIHF Legacy ROM which has 2020 rosters + some classic teams. Made it easier lol. Nice work - LOVE seeing more international ROMs being created! 

6 hours ago, Thornton97 said:

Dear TA_Marcos_Translations. There is a slight flaw in this mod. The national teams of the Czech Republic and Finland hidden in the menu have the opportunity to play with the national teams of Canada, the USA and Europe, but there is no way to play matches between the Czech Republic, Finland against the national teams of Russia and Sweden. I already consider you a great Master and I hope that the Teams of the Czech Republic and Finland can appear in the main menu of the game.

Hi Thornton,

I got something similar for FIFA: Increase or decrease the number of teams in every domestic league.

In this case, being this a cheat I may make something else besides modifying 1byte-value.

I will check and let you know.

Best,

TA Marcos

Hi Thornton,

Checking the way is programmed as follows below, there is a possibility to include Czech Republic and Finland, BUT you should "sacrifice" two teams instead:
The solution is as simple as going to the "No cheats" area in the ROM and use the pointers of Czech Republic and Finland wherever you want.
So it is up to you, if you want to go ahead or not. If it yes, let me know which two teams do you want to remove from original game.

Team List.png

Best,

TA Marcos

Edited by TA_Marcos_Translations

11 hours ago, skip said:

I love what you guys are doing here. I really wanted to do a full updated 32-team National ROM for NHL'94 but never got to it, only got to the IIHF Legacy ROM which has 2020 rosters + some classic teams. Made it easier lol. Nice work - LOVE seeing more international ROMs being created! 

I guess I am going to start to ask for money for working in all these stuffs....

Dear TA_Marcos_Translations.
 Then leave everything as it was before. We play international tournaments among national teams here.
Therefore, when playing among each other among the national teams of the Czech Republic, Finland, Russia and Sweden, we hide the hidden menu commands in the Transactions option, where there is no restriction on exchanges. We assemble the Czech national team in the Chicago team, the Finland national team in Washington. For us in this pack, all NHL teams are important for the games of the season.
Regards Thornton.

Oh I understood the ice logo was black and the kit was red. The solution is very easy. Anyway, I am going to send you a private email with that modification of that logo and you can upload it here or wherever you want. I did already on my site.

Best,

TA Marcos

Regarding the issues I found hacking the rom. 

1. There is no possibility to add the extra two teams without the "sacrifice" of others two.

2. EA Sports and Renegades teams contains repeated tiles in their prematch logos and names. That's why I had to insert as "CZ REP." and "FINLAND_" (That _ is part of the L)

3. I corrected CHECH REP as CZECH REP. I know that was an issue. In that graphic text there is a Z, but it is not showed when you type Z on hex. The Hex code for the Z for that graphic is "29."

4. I had to look after the prematch logos. Because of the limitation of 16 colors in that screen, every team MUST use the same palette. If you modify a palette of a determined team you can see the logo as local team OK, but being visitant not. Both logos depend on the local team palette.

Best, 

TA Marcos

On 4/2/2020 at 10:05 AM, TA_Marcos_Translations said:

I guess I am going to start to ask for money for working in all these stuffs....

yes, we should all get moneys for our works.