NHL'94 Forums

Madden '92-'93 is better than Tecmo

If you disagree, then you need to check your butter packets.

It's got a lot of great plays like: HB Sweep, and Run & Shoot.

Also, the amberlamps runs over players if they're injured:

Here's a game between me and the Duke of Earl '94, Dan and I from days of yore. 

I love me some Tecmo, but I wish Madden was more celebrated in retro sports communities. 

They're so much fun to play competitively.

• Like 2

reads headline...

Image result for faints gif

I do enjoy genesis Madden, enjoy Mutant League Football even more.  Even bought some cheap madden genesis to see if we could get  a tourney going.  No takers yet.  

Even though the old maddens did not have player names, I liked those more than the late Maddens like 97.  Just need to have short quarters though as I remember the games can take a while if I remember correctly

• 11 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, clockwise said:

I love me some Tecmo, but I wish Madden was more celebrated in retro sports communities. 

Agreed, these Madden games are the best ever made. Wish it had a proper season season mode just like the same wish I have for NHL 94.

NES TSB is the 2nd greatest sports game ever made.  It's player base dwarfed this community when a particular website was still hosting forums and posting polished rom hacks annually.

I'm a big fan of Madden 94 on SNES, and frankly all EA sports games back then were fun(cept for NHL95 and NHLPA93[SNES]).  

Are those games more "realistic"?  Absolutely they are, but that's not the point.  TSB on NES is just a perfect blend of depth, arcade mechanics, and just a balance on how things are supposed to work.  In short, it's more fun, because it's made to be so.  I probably played over 100 hours of Madden 94 the year it came out, and maybe 10 hours of it since I was an adult.  I've easily logged 100+ hours of TSB in the past 5 years through online and tournament play.

• 4 weeks later...

If madden and any simulation football videogames don't have players breaking tackles, shedding blocks, and trucking like this and does not have cpu vs cpu league options

via Gfycat

I'm not interested, the no fun league has already taken out the ambulance, helmets getting knocked off years ago and also don't have sideline collision like arena football.

Edited by bushhockeyfan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bushhockeyfan said:

I'm not interested, the no fun league has already taken out the ambulance, helmets getting knocked off years ago and also don't have sideline collision like arena football.

EA NFL games peaked with NFL Street and haven't come close since. Too busy taking bribes from EA Tiburon to make a good game.

Football games ranked

5.  Mutant League Football Genesis
4.  NCAA ps2
3.  Madden ps2
2.  Tecmo Super Bowl NES
1.  Recess in Elementary school with a Nerf Turbo Football with the Whistle inside

6 hours ago, jenzie said:

wat

no joe montana sports football fans eh?

or #JOE MONTANA SPORTS FOOTBALL#

*said in the game voice*

B)

Joe Montana Sports Talk football was my GAME at as a kid. Oh man so many memories, the funniest was when you did a FG attempt on a 1st down in your own territory or something and the commentator's like "they line up for the field goal on the first down and I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" LMAO still cracks me up to this day.

See this video @ 1:36 LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvs5B_8ISo

Also we can't forget College Football's National Championship on Genesis! Both were awesome, and as much fun as the old Maddens on Genesis were, I have to say Joe Montana Sports Talk and CFNC were my favs!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brodeur30 said:

Joe Montana Sports Talk football was my GAME at as a kid. Oh man so many memories, the funniest was when you did a FG attempt on a 1st down in your own territory or something and the commentator's like "they line up for the field goal on the first down and I CAN'T BELIEVE IT" LMAO still cracks me up to this day.

See this video @ 1:36 LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvs5B_8ISo

Also we can't forget College Football's National Championship on Genesis! Both were awesome, and as much fun as the old Maddens on Genesis were, I have to say Joe Montana Sports Talk and CFNC were my favs!

I remember playing this game for hours with my brother, I'd always prefer to be the blocking back and lay out a defender on a sweep.....lol

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 9:49 AM, clockwise said:

Not!!!