NHL'94 Forums

IIHF Legacy '20: Miracle on Ice 40th Anniversary ROM

skip

Hey guys,

This is IIHF Legacy '20, and it's the 2nd 'special release' from Slapshot67, KTup710 and myself. It contains 15 current National Teams made up of what would closely resemble the real rosters in a major world tourney, and 17 historic National Teams from different tourneys.

The main ROM is a WBF-rom. The 2nd ROM (suffix noWBF) is a classic style ROM that does not include the weight bug fix. The ZIP file contains the excel sheet with team & player info.

WORK: KTup did all the work on the implementation of logos, and he did some incredible work on the banners. Slapshot67 did spectacular work on the announcer, players cards, splash screen, game clock...even the IIHF trophy is there! I handled the uniforms, players, player ratings, lines, and selected the logos we used.

KNOWN BUG: The game will freeze if you scroll through the USA'96 player cards in the menu screen. This is a known bug that affects the 31st team on any 32 team ROM, and is not currently fixable.

Some Notes

I've created 17 "Classic" Historic teams, with an added twist. You'll be able to play the Miracle on Ice (1980 USA vs Soviet Union), the 1987 and 1991 Canada Cup Finals (1987 + 1991 Team Canada, 1987 Soviets, 1991 Team USA), the 1996 World Cup of Hockey Final (USA vs Canada) and the 2002 Olympic Gold Medal Game (Canada vs USA). Also included is the 1998 Czech Republic team, first NHLers to win Olympic Gold. Including them threw off the balance of 16/16 classic vs current teams, but that's ok.

Of these 17 classic teams are 6 National Teams made of the original 94 ROM's players, with original ratings. Some players had to be added to complete rosters, but the original NHL'94 spirit of these 6 teams is surely there. They're the Original 6 of this ROM :-)

Players & Rosters

I tried to make team rosters as accurate as possible, with jersey #'s and lines as accurate as I could find. I also tried to keep ratings "within the defined spirit and parameters of NHL'94". Keep in mind players may have different ratings in different seasons (ie. '87 Gretzky is the man, '98 Hasek is unreal, and Mario went virtually untouched from orig 94 ROM). Check out the excel sheet for more on player + team ratings.

I needed to add some players to complete the 1994 teams, which is why there are players who were not in the game on those teams. Also, I know Petr Nedved actually played for Canada in 1994 Olympics. But, come on, he belongs on Czech, Czech needs players, and Canada is ok without NHL94's Petr Nedved. 

You'll notice on some of the Legacy teams that a players weight may have changed from their original '94 weight. I made a player's weight accurate to what it was in real life, except for the six NHL94 World Star teams. I left those players as is, Tony Amonte included. Amonte is a lefty in '96 and '02.

The 2020 Rosters have significant updates from the 2019 Rosters. I've also updated the 1994 add'l players to be players who played in the Olympics.

For KTup and Slapshot- we all hope you guys enjoy this ROM as much as the last one.

-Skip

IIHFsplash.png

IIHFpregame.png

IIHFscoreboard.png

IIHFfaceoff.png

IIHF Legacy'20.bin IIHF Legacy '20.zip IIHF Legacy'20noWBF.bin

Edited by skip
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tabs3121 said:

Thanks for you hard work. can anybody make a cover image for this?

The great and powerful Slapshot67 created the cover image for this one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, jagr68 said:

This is my first post in a LONG time as I am trying to get back into online during shelter in place...this is AMAZING. Fantastic work, guys!

thanks bud, good to see you back! 

Thanks @AtomicRaven -the tourney will be fun

13 hours ago, skip said:

thanks bud, good to see you back! 

Thanks @AtomicRaven -the tourney will be fun

Thanks Skip! Great to see most of my old buds still plugging along. Hoping to get RetroArch and Hamachi setup this week and get my ass whipped having only played vs the CPU or friends (pre-apocalypse) on my real GENS these last few years.

11 hours ago, jagr68 said:

Thanks Skip! Great to see most of my old buds still plugging along. Hoping to get RetroArch and Hamachi setup this week and get my ass whipped having only played vs the CPU or friends (pre-apocalypse) on my real GENS these last few years.

good stuff, are you already on the discord channel? AIM is dead lol