NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 Training ROM

clockwise

Quick and dirty, simple update to the original ROM that anyone can use to sharpen some of their skills.
I created this to help me prepare for KO94.
Nothing spectacular, but it is fun to play around with.

If you want to get a bit better at dekes, you can try the 1 skater VS 5.

Maybe you want to work on getting better at defensive positioning? Try playing with 1 D-man VS 5. 

For 1-timer practice there's the classic, two-forward, 2on2-style line.

Lastly, there is a, "no skater," team. You can use this to practice your goalie control skills. This can be very challenging. However, the CPU goalie will have to make a save before you can go into the goalie control mode. This is because there's no skater to switch from

• No Skaters is Washington
  • 1 D-man is Winnipeg
  • 1 Forward is Wales All-Stars
  • 2 Forwards is Campbell All- Stars

If someone wants to do the rest of the teams with only a LW skater for 1 team, or something like that, I'll replace this one.

KxQnmSh.gif

NHL94training.bin

• Thanks 5
  • Like 2

cool quarantine ROM.

This is a cool idea, a rom to better hone your skills with training. I'm particularly interested playing with the no skater team, because I recently discovered a camera mod that has the camera fixed on the bottom part of the rink (the goalie) throughout the entire game instead of following the puck. With the camera fixed on the bottom 1/3rd of the rink it makes practicing manual goalie a lot better. This would be great practice with less or no teammates so I am just constantly defending shots from the opposition the entire time while manually controlling the goalie.

One thing though that I'd like to learn how to do is to hack the "switch player" logic so you can be in control of the goalie the entire game.