NHL'94 Forums

NHL'95 Online - ROM & INFO

kingraph

NHL'95's mighty leader @segathon is ushering in a new era for the game.  ONLINE PLAY!

We will try to use Retroarch as the emulator of choice (link to thread all about Retroarch).

Current Retroarch Version (as of 03.24.20):

RetroArch 1.7.9 32-bit (For Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10)
RetroArch 1.7.9 for Mac (Mac OS X 10.7+)

They can be downloaded here: http://www.nhl94online.com/

NHL95 ROM: NHL95.md

Download and put that in your Retroarch ROMs Genesis folder.  

NHL'95 Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v8pqZJD

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Imagine if season mode was done, by transferring the .srm around after each game :eyes_droped:

Clearly impossible to coordinate, but would be epic....

Dervin showed it was possible to edit .srm files to input arbitrary stats, so in theory the stats could be exported from saves and then input into the .srm for browsing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

Imagine if season mode was done, by transferring the .srm around after each game :eyes_droped:

Dervin showed it was possible to edit .srm files to input arbitrary stats, so in theory the stats could be exported from saves and then input into the .srm for browsing.

I may be reading this all wrong, but would I be able to upload the games from my own season mode onto a website for better stat tracking?

Currently, I'm going through an entire season of 95 against the computer by playing every game as the home team. I was playing a lot more when I thought I could attend the 95 tournament later this year but have since slowed down when I realized I can't make two Toronto trips in 3 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, angryjay93 said:

I may be reading this all wrong, but would I be able to upload the games from my own season mode onto a website for better stat tracking?

Currently, I'm going through an entire season of 95 against the computer by playing every game as the home team. I was playing a lot more when I thought I could attend the 95 tournament later this year but have since slowed down when I realized I can't make two Toronto trips in 3 months.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on scoring moves etc from just your play through compared to 94 scoring.  You have so much knowledge on 94 and wondering what applies to 95.

7 hours ago, angryjay93 said:

It was an 'in theory' because someone would need to make a website that accepts NHL95 savestates and then tabulates them all and creates a new .srm for download after each game is uploaded.

UPDATE:  New ROM located in the OP.  It has a .md extenstion (MegaDrive), but it comes from the "no-intro" ROMset (whatever that means) from RetroArch.  

ALSO, make sure your settings --> video aspect ratio is set to "Core Provided".  Mine wasn't.  Once I updated, @chaos and I had a successful game with line changes, injuries, penalties and no desyncs. 

Untitled.png

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Giorob28 said:

it’s up and working now? are you able to play each other like They have set up for nhl 94.
or still working on it.

I THINK so, but we need to keep testing.  The core '95 guys are completely new to online play and are not as active (yet), while the experienced online 94 guys aren't playing '95 exhibitions.

My last two games were completely fine though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingraph said:

I THINK so, but we need to keep testing.  The core '95 guys are completely new to online play and are not as active (yet), while the experienced online 94 guys aren't playing '95 exhibitions.

My last two games were completely fine though.

it’s up and working now? are you able to play each other like They have set up for nhl 94.
or still working on it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Giorob28 said:

or still working on it.

Yes, up and working.  Just have to install Retroarch, download the ROM, and connect with someone to play (join Discord from link in my OP).

Hosting a game requires port forwarding, which can be technical.  You don't need to do this if someone else hosts.

There is a server option that doesn't require port forwarding for either person.  That hasn't been as reliable, and I haven't personally tested, but it's an easier option for anyone concerned about port forwarding.

• Like 1

Yup what @kingraph said

I'm one of the 95ers here.  Still working on the set up with are guys. Will get us working here soon.  The whole computer emulations stuff is new to our crew so we get frustrated and drink beer instead of finishing the install :)

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...