seamor

NHL Legends

image.jpeg

Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while, but just finished a fun project. Was disappointed with EA NHL's "all-time rosters", so decided to make my own. By no means are these the end all-be all for these teams, and a decent amount are based of favorites, but I figured this would be a fun project to take up.

Some notes before you hop in:

• Players are all rated on a somewhat equal scale, I tried to model off of the EASHL player classes. Players were matched based off of NHL 20 player class, scouting reports, stats, team balancing, and my personal opinion. Every player should fall within the range of 81-86 overall, and all have skill sets that make them equal. No player is a true match, so keep that in mind when playing.
  • This game takes place in a universe without cloning, aside from superhuman Jaromir Jagr (who takes shape in every different forward player class). So there's only one Gretzky (Oilers), Messier (Rangers), and Luongo (Panthers).
  • Each roster has 10 players, a few are easter eggs (Paul Bissonnette and Taro Tsujimoto, how are ya?), at least one prospect, and 3 goalies to boot. All goalies are exact same except for glove hand.
  • I am 17, so my hockey knowledge and preferences pre-90s is relatively misinformed. So the player ratings may be off, and I'm sure I'm missing a few players entirely. For players and teams I knew less about I used the point shares stat on hockey-reference, since it would pick up players with longevity or who stood out in an organization well.
  • The new Winnipeg Jets absorb the history of the old Jets, meaning the Coyotes only pull from players who wore their jersey, but every other franchise who has moved absorbs their predecessors history (including the Jets and Thrashers).
  • Every team's home jersey is their current, and their road jersey is my personal favorite light uniform from their history. Small detail, but just don't want people seeing colors and thinking they picked wrong team.

If you notice some players missing from your team, I would love to hear your input as to who they are and their play style, so I can add them in as part of an update.

DOWNLOAD HERE: NHL Legends.bin

Goals for future updates:

• Player cards. Personally not a big deal to me, but I figure it makes the game more complete.
  • Full 3 line rosters for all teams. More room for great players, and fan favorites as well.
  • Keep adding fun playoff draws, I like unique ones so I tried to mix in a few.
  • Logos on ice are from Naples' 2018 rom, so anniversary logos are still there. Look to fix soon.
  • Fix any incorrect numbers, handednesses (is that a word?), and positions.

Update notes:

• It is the first version. Updates are impossible.

devs coyotes.JPG

goal.JPG

roster.JPG

yoff season boys.JPG

Edited by seamor
  • Like 2

Also, if anyone knows how to make images smaller on the forum, I'd greatly appreciate the help :)

8 hours ago, seamor said:

Also, if anyone knows how to make images smaller on the forum, I'd greatly appreciate the help :)

Make your emulator window smaller before making a screenshot. Or use an image editor on your computer. Like irfanview (image, resize)

https://www.irfanview.com/

Loving the inclusion of Tsujimoto. That's one of my favorite hockey stories.

I haven't had time to take more than a cursory glance but I did notice you misspelled Marty Turco's first name.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, DeterminedApathy said:

I haven't had time to take more than a cursory glance but I did notice you misspelled Marty Turco's first name.

Yep, definitely put Mary instead of Marty. Did most of the roster work over the course of a day or two, so my apologies. Ironically I had just talked with him on Instagram the night before I started this project, so it should've been fresh in my mind, but oh well. I'll fix it when/if I do an update.

This is a great birthday present for me as i turn 35 today