NHL'94 Forums

[Help me Hack] FIBA World Cup (NBA Live 97 Hack)

A few days ago I started a project of hacking NBA Live 97 from Sega Genesis.
I will convert it into FIBA World Cup (no year) with up-to-date rosters based on the event and performances of the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China .
What I have done until now is modify the names of the teams, insert a few logos and modify three rosters (for Spain, Argentina and Brazil). It is a project I am working slowly and I want it finished before summertime.
I have to recognise I don't watch too much basketball since 2009. So, what I need for this project is someone who was an expertise on international basketball:
Must know most of the players.
Players main attributes.
Players Strenghts and Weaknesses.

Concerning I want a very realistic game, I want realistic attributes and skills of the players.
Below there is a list of the national teams that there will be in the hack (ordered by FIBA ranking):

1. USA
2. Spain (finished)
3. Australia
4. Argentina (finished)
5. Serbia
6. France
7. Greece
8. Lithuania
9. Czech Rep.
10. Brazil (finished)
11. Russia
12. Italy
13. Poland
14. Croatia
15. Turkey
16. Puerto Rico
17. Slovenia
18. Germany
19. Dominican Rep.
20. Venezuela
21. Canada
22. Nigeria
23. New Zealand
24. Montenegro
25. China
26. Angola
27. Tunisia
28. Japan
29. Ivory Coast

See attached the following screen captures:

FIBA1.png

FIBA2.png

FIBA3.png

FIBA4.png

Thanks in advance.

Best,

TA Marcos

• Love 1

17 hours ago, NHL98FAN said:

Thank you. The intention of the post is going further than that. The information is good, but what is important for me is that those players should have their suitable attributes.

13 hours ago, CamKneely2 said:

Cool idea. At first I forgot what FIBA means and was like "How the hell are you converting soccer to basketball?". I am familiar-ish with the international players and could help.

Thanks CamKneely2. I have created an excel file. If you feel ready, I can send it to you. It's a heavy work. Your mission is refill every empty cell with values between 50 (minimum) and 99 (maximum), in every parameter (FIELD GOAL, 3 POINTS, OFF. REBOUNDS, SPEED, AGILITY....) corresponding to every player, and trying to be as realistic as possible. In this file there are 14 teams. 2 of them are marked in red (Argentina and Brazil) because I have already done it. Once you finish filling in this file, I will send you the others 15 teams in order to be filled in as well.
Also you can see the players that are marked in green are part of the starting line-up.

NBA Live Hex Data.xlsx

Edited by TA_Marcos_Translations