NHL'94 Forums

New Draft League (play Forwards at Defense/Defense at Forward if you want)

Brutus

I'm going to be hosting another one of my draft leagues.

HOWEVER, currently, it doesn't have a start date yet, because a few guys, myself included, are currently struggling hosting games.  A good league requires everyone to be able to host/play without issues.  LIKELY, about 2 weeks from now would be my guesstimate.

SO, for now, here are the rules, and all I want to know is HOW many are interested in joining.

Draft league involving the NHL94 ROM player pool.
Classic settings, except no penalties.
During the regular season, only 3 minute periods!!!
When you draft a player, you get to designate where he plays, Forward or defense (all goalies stay goalies).

There will be NO handicapping the A players, minus giving B coaches more home games, and weighting the schedule so A plays A more & B plays B more.
Top players will have the same chance of drafting a great team.

The goal of this league is to have a fun draft (best part of any league) and NOT have all series go to 7 games.

3 minute periods should make it easier to bear facing Raph w/ Mogilny or Ice w/ Housley on his WING!
Playoffs MAY/MAY NOT go to 5 minutes again.  Yet TBD.

ANYHOW, reply below if you are interested.

More details to come later.

Testing of my RA & others will commence tonight and likely have things setup for draft to start Sunday or Monday.

Anyone looking to join, DM on Discord.  IF you can't find me on Discord, you probably shouldn't be in the league, lol.

• Haha 1

just curious so as a Draft it'll be moving existing players to other teams - since there are no pl;ayer transfers in NHL94  how will players move from one team to another - using a modified ROM ?

Edited by dmm1000

On 4/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, dmm1000 said:

just curious so as a Draft it'll be moving existing players to other teams - since there are no pl;ayer transfers in NHL94  how will players move from one team to another - using a modified ROM ?

Yes, there is a program called NOSE which can move the players around (among other things).

Setting this up tonight, tomorrow at latest.

As I mentioned, anyone wanting in, needs to reach me in Discord.  We run the league out of there, so if I've not heard from you there, you won't be getting an invite.