NHL'94 Forums

Playing online via Mac

messngretz

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the help...I've installed RetroArch and followed the instructions, everything went well...I load the core (Genesis Plus GX) and then click Load Content>Start Directory....but I don't see anything listed in there. No ROMs folder nor ROMs.

Any idea why? I've attached images here...

Thanks again!

Screen Shot1.jpg

Screen Shot2.jpg

5 minutes ago, messngretz said:

thanks for the help...I've installed RetroArch and followed the instructions, everything went well...I load the core (Genesis Plus GX) and then click Load Content>Start Directory....but I don't see anything listed in there. No ROMs folder nor ROMs.

Any idea why? I've attached images here...

Thanks again!

Screen Shot1.jpg

Screen Shot2.jpg

The download package on nhl94online.com includes everything you need. If you used that package, it looks like you didn't drag over the ROMs folder. You may have to adjust your security settings to allow installation of third-party programs.

thanks for the reply...I had actually adjusted my security settings to allow download and install.

I just read on nhl94online.com that "Currently, the Mac Package supports SNES online play only."

Even still, I should still see the SNES folder in there...

So I uninstalled RetroArch and re-installed the Mac version...this time, it displayed the menus differently from the above screen shots that I posted. I loaded the SNES core, then tried to load content.

Again, no ROMs listed.

See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 3.21.30 PM.png

Edited by messngretz

For the installer, did you drag everything over? If so, you should see a ROMs folder in your Documents/RetroArch folder

I can see this time, you dragged the retroarch.cfg file over, since the menu changed. There are 2 other things (cores and ROMs) in the installer you have to drag over.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 3.55.43 PM.png

EDIT: After dragging the ROMs and cores to the right spots, check that they copied over (in Documents/RetroArch folder you should see a ROMs and cores folder). If not, just right click on the ROMs folder in the installer window, select "Copy", then go to the Documents/RetroArch folder, right click in the Finder window, and choose "Paste Item".

When you go into RetroArch and Load the Core, then go to Load Content, select "Start Directory" and you should see a Genesis and SNES folder in there. Then select the folder to find the ROMs.

16 hours ago, chaos said:

For the installer, did you drag everything over? If so, you should see a ROMs folder in your Documents/RetroArch folder

I can see this time, you dragged the retroarch.cfg file over, since the menu changed. There are 2 other things (cores and ROMs) in the installer you have to drag over.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 3.55.43 PM.png

EDIT: After dragging the ROMs and cores to the right spots, check that they copied over (in Documents/RetroArch folder you should see a ROMs and cores folder). If not, just right click on the ROMs folder in the installer window, select "Copy", then go to the Documents/RetroArch folder, right click in the Finder window, and choose "Paste Item".

When you go into RetroArch and Load the Core, then go to Load Content, select "Start Directory" and you should see a Genesis and SNES folder in there. Then select the folder to find the ROMs.

Yeah, I dragged all four files over...and I have also gone into Documents/RetroArch and I see the Core and ROMs folder, see attached for screenshot...

I've figured out my problem - I wasn't selecting "Start Directory", instead I was thinking the ROM folder/files would be listed on that screen...

So we're all good now, thanks boys!

• Thanks 1