NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 player attributes

jl88

Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm doing some research on classic sports games and how accurate the game attributes of each player are when you compare them to their actual game. Is there anyone here who knows where I can find a full list of all player attributes of NHL 94 players? All I can find online are values for overall ratings. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post. 

One hint: shooting accuracy is linked directly to the player's shooting percentage (except ray bourque who they gave 5 (90) based on reputation (winning the all star game accuracy competition)). Unfortunately this means all the other D in the game have terrible accuracy because defenseman usually have very low shooting percentages due to shooting from so far away. They should have used a separate scale for D.

The misnamed "roughness" attribute is actually the "shooting bias", players with higher values here had a high goals-to-assists ratio.

For the shooting accuracy rating : ('94 on Genesis)

Does the shooting accuracy rating affect only the shooting accuracy of CPU shots?

What about user-controlled shots when manually directing a shot by holding down a d-pad direction? I don't think I've really tested whether shots will go off target more when manually aiming a shot with a player with a lower rated shooting accuracy like a defenseman.

And also does the shooting accuracy rating have an noticeable affect on the accuracy of one-timer shots?

2 hours ago, Brodeur30 said:

For the shooting accuracy rating : ('94 on Genesis)

Does the shooting accuracy rating affect only the shooting accuracy of CPU shots?

What about user-controlled shots when manually directing a shot by holding down a d-pad direction? I don't think I've really tested whether shots will go off target more when manually aiming a shot with a player with a lower rated shooting accuracy like a defenseman.

And also does the shooting accuracy rating have an noticeable affect on the accuracy of one-timer shots?

It definitely affects regular shots by players (not just CPU)

I believe it does affect one-timers as well but I'm not 100% sure. Plabax has observed that one-timers always go towards the "open" side of the the net depending on where the goalie is (on Sega), but I don't know for sure if the odds of actually hitting that target depend on the accuracy..  One-timers seem to have increased accuracy* (which is something I'd like to fix with a hack... in real life, one-timers are actually really hard to aim!!)

*except on a wide open net when you're trailing of course ;)