Sign in to follow this  
Stefan

Considering doing a 2020 roster update

Recommended Posts

Hello. I am considering doing a NHL 20 roster update.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the roster tool so the overall ability scores are updated when you edit the player's abilities?

Is there some way to transfer the player names + stats over from a genesis rom? That'd be the easiest way actually, hah.

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Hello. I am considering doing a NHL 20 roster update.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to adjust the roster tool so the overall ability scores are updated when you edit the player's abilities?

Is there some way to transfer the player names + stats over from a genesis rom? That'd be the easiest way actually, hah.

I think for the most part you can, as you guessed, edit it all in a Gens ROM with NOSE, and then you would use a hex editor to transplant the data for each team (but be aware that each team will need to start at the same offset/address in the ROM, unless you update the team pointers...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smozoma said:

I think for the most part you can, as you guessed, edit it all in a Gens ROM with NOSE, and then you would use a hex editor to transplant the data for each team (but be aware that each team will need to start at the same offset/address in the ROM, unless you update the team pointers...)

Could you point me in the right direction to locate this data in the genesis version and where to place it for snes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stefan said:

Could you point me in the right direction to locate this data in the genesis version and where to place it for snes? 

Easy to find by using the Find option in your hex editor and looking for player names (for example Guy Hebert should be one of the first players in the game, being a goalie for Anaheim).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Easy to find by using the Find option in your hex editor and looking for player names (for example Guy Hebert should be one of the first players in the game, being a goalie for Anaheim).

I tried. It didn't work. I think there's too many players in many of the genesis updates. 

 

Oh, also I'm using updated roms, I'm not copying the genesis data from 94 to the snes 94

Edited by Stefan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this