NHL'94 Forums

Season stat tracking program?

Hi all, new to the community (and to emulation/ROMs in general) and planning to start a little project using Jkline3’s ECAC college hockey ROM in which I’ll play out the 2019-2020 season. (Many thanks for the awesome college hockey ROMs, Jkline3...I’m in heaven!) I’d like to keep track of stats throughout the season, and I’m wondering if anyone knows an easy way to do that, perhaps using save states and some kind of existing program to do the stat tracking? I’ve never played in any of the NHL ‘94 leagues, but from what I’ve been able to deduce on this website/forum, it seems the leagues keep track of the NHL players’ stats (goalies and skaters), so is the program that does that available for use outside the leagues? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably the best option for custom roms, it'll just take some spreadsheet work on your end to add stats together. I think there's a season tracker somewhere, but it only works with original game.

Thank you very much! I wish there were a version of the stat extractor that worked with Retroarch, as the custom ROM I'm using tends to get a little choppy in GENS when play goes through the neutral zone (whereas Retroarch plays smoothly throughout), but it certainly doesn't make the game unplayable. As you said, it'll take a little spreadsheet work from me to add stats together, but I can handle that. This is great stuff...awesome community!