NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95

segathon

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jcariello said:

Currently 25-0-0 in my season that I just started (checks notes) a week ago.  

I probably need to pick a team worse than Detroit but I have to see this through.  

LOL,  careful of the 128 pt bug.   Once you hit that pt total you move to bottom of standings and don't make playoffs.

Yeah once you get the hang of beating the computer, they are not much of an opponent.  When I play computer I put restrictions like no goalie/backup goalie, only down b pass shots to score etc.

There's one thing that I've always wondered. Do you have to do something specific to make sure the game saves properly? It seemed like every physical copy I've ever tried wouldn't save but then I also had the same issue on an emulator (where it isn't as big a deal since there are also savestates).

3 hours ago, segathon said:

LOL,  careful of the 128 pt bug.   Once you hit that pt total you move to bottom of standings and don't make playoffs.

Yeah once you get the hang of beating the computer, they are not much of an opponent.  When I play computer I put restrictions like no goalie/backup goalie, only down b pass shots to score etc.

Oh I had no idea.  

So when I'm, in theory, 63-0 that's when I should select, end season after today?  

I absolutley would have ran into this and got jammed.

18 hours ago, jcariello said:

Oh I had no idea.  

So when I'm, in theory, 63-0 that's when I should select, end season after today?  

I absolutley would have ran into this and got jammed.

Yup or lose the next 19 games :)

19 hours ago, DeterminedApathy said:

There's one thing that I've always wondered. Do you have to do something specific to make sure the game saves properly? It seemed like every physical copy I've ever tried wouldn't save but then I also had the same issue on an emulator (where it isn't as big a deal since there are also savestates).

With a physical copy there is a battery inside that is probably dead.  You can switch them out,  need a special screw driver bit and a new battery.  Here's a professional guy doing it below with a soldering iron and a special battery you buy.   I just bought the screw bit on EBAy, popped the battery out with a knife, got a new battery at walgreens and put back in with electrical tape.  That works if you are gentle with the cartridge,  but one hard drop may erase battery.

With emulators, I think you have to do save states, but I could be wrong.

Keep 95 Alive!

I don't think it's just a dead battery because I've had the same issue with emulation but I appreciate the tutorial all the same since I have other games that I know have a dead battery. Thanks.