NHL'94 Forums

Play NHL Hockey on Archive.org

On 5/25/2020 at 10:47 AM, Bob Kudelski said:

For SNES, I recommend using an original SNES controller with USB converter. If you don't have one, find one on kijiji or ebay, but make sure it's original and not a cheap reprod.

For USB converter, I highly recommend this one. It works great, excellent quality, and matches the SNES purple/grey aesthetic: https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=29&osCsid=5847653417198baa1a153a618bbc8ef2

Hey Bob,

I happened upon some SNES gameplay on YouTube, and I didn't realize it was so different from Gens. It actually more closely resembles the PC version. Playing NHL '95 for PC at my cousin's is my fondest childhood memory of video game hockey, so I was very surprised to see that the SNES gameplay is quite similar.

I've visited lots of topics, and see that you are a SNES man, so I just thought I'd mention that.

Mr. Derp.

p.s. Wanted to send this to your inbox, but no dice. Is it possible that you're not on Discord either?

1 hour ago, Mr. Derp said:

Hey Bob,

I happened upon some SNES gameplay on YouTube, and I didn't realize it was so different from Gens. It actually more closely resembles the PC version. Playing NHL '95 for PC at my cousin's is my fondest childhood memory of video game hockey, so I was very surprised to see that the SNES gameplay is quite similar.

I've visited lots of topics, and see that you are a SNES man, so I just thought I'd mention that.

Mr. Derp.

p.s. Wanted to send this to your inbox, but no dice. Is it possible that you're not on Discord either?

Yes, NHL 95 on PC is similar to 94 on SNES. I used to play 95 on PC. I liked that it was similar, but you had 4 lines, you could edit players, and I believe the refs skated around and you could hit them. 

I am on discord: @BobKudelski26

28 minutes ago, clockwise said:

@Mr. Derp you can play the PC version (NHL Hockey and NHL 95) on the DOX Box emulator, if you didn't know.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I don't know how I would do that. I'm computer illiterate, so it would be a dream to be able to figure out how to play those games. It's taking me a while just to get my brain around the steps to be able to join you guys in some online fun.

30 minutes ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Yes, NHL 95 on PC is similar to 94 on SNES. I used to play 95 on PC. I liked that it was similar, but you had 4 lines, you could edit players, and I believe the refs skated around and you could hit them. 

I remember all of that, except for hitting the officials. That game is the best. The only thing I really really really really really don't like is that so many players have the wrong shooting side given to them, whereas in '94 (and NHL Hockey for PC) it's rare. I don't get. Everything else is amazing. The menus, music, sound effects, gameplay...

4 hours ago, Mr. Derp said:

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I don't know how I would do that. I'm computer illiterate, so it would be a dream to be able to figure out how to play those games. It's taking me a while just to get my brain around the steps to be able to join you guys in some online fun.

For the amount of enjoyment you'd get, it's worth it. Only have to figure it out once. 

It's probably easier than figuring out how to setup the emulator and playing online.

9 hours ago, Mr. Derp said:

What if I told you , that you could play it from your browser?

https://archive.org/details/msdos_NHL_94_1993

(You'll have to use the keyboard)

Turn up the sound and go fullscreen.

Edited by jer_33
  • Like 3