NHL'94 Forums

NCAA Frozen Four Rom Tournament Sign-Up

Sean

'Update: Sign-ups are closed, and we have begun playing! Follow along with the bracket at this link, and let me know if any issues arise. Please report scores via Discord DM, and try to have 1st Round done by end of the week.

Hi all,

Thanks to @Jkline3's amazing work, a few of us have been discussing a tournament using the ROM.

Rules

• Best-of-5 Bracket, with Best-of-7 Finals. If we get enough players, we will also do consolation bracket.
    • Top seed gets home 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th games.
  • Line changes off, 1-minute penalties on with no offside, and manual goalie.
  • Once we finalize list, we'll set deadlines for playing. Ideally we'd get this over with in a week or two.
  • There will be no changes to the ROM aside from setting OT to 99 minutes.

If you haven't played the ROM, check it out here:

If you want to look at all the team's ratings as a whole,  I've exported the data to a Google Sheet which you can find here.

And if you just want a list of the teams, there is one below directly from NOSE.

teams.JPG

Sign-ups (please comment your team as well as your Discord if we've never talked on there).

1. @seamor - Boston University

2.  @clockwise - Penn State

3. @lego - Harvard

4. @danTML7 - Omaha

5. @BigValboski - North Dakota

6. @Tess - Minnesota State

7. @dmm1000 - Clarkson

8. @kidswasted - Boston College

9. @Triple A - Michigan

10. @niuhuskie224 - Wisconsin

11. @Mitch Kramer - Cornell

12. @LABS_66 - Denver

13. @TecmoJon - Minnesota-Duluth (because Minnesota was too bad apparently)

14. @BVish - THE Ohio State University

15. @MikeGartner22 - Sacred Heart

16. @#KentuckyWindage - Providence

Interested

@JSchmidt - Northeastern

We will be playing with this ROM, as to eliminate ties, and make set up on game days a bit easier: 2020 Frozen Four Tournament - Final.bin

Edited by seamor
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, danTML7 said:

how do I sign up?

That sounds like an important piece that someone who is running on 6 hours of sleep like myself might’ve forgotten :). Just comment your team of choice, and for people I haven’t interacted with on Discord, comment your handle there as well so I can find you!

I'm in! I'll take OMAHA MAVERICKS since I just lost $300 playing Omaha online poker :'(

I'm dantml7 on discord as well

Edited by danTML7
  • Like 1

GmuRkr2.jpg

Jesusplaysnhl94 is proud to select, with-the number-whatever-people-picked-before-me-but-it-doesn't-even-matter-because-I-picked-a-different-team, overall pick...

Penn State

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all,

I've updated forum with first 12 hours of so of sign-ups, hopefully we get some more so we can set a cap at nice power of 2, so no one gets a bye. In the mean time, please download this version of the ROM for the tournament. The only difference is that OT is 100 minutes as opposed to 20, the menu is set to our default settings mentioned in the first post, and 3 Stars formula is updated for line changes.

If you haven't played online much before, I'd be happy to help some people set up tonight, but frankly I can't teach you anything the tutorials here can't already.

Please download the tournament version of the ROM so things can run smoothly once we get started, attached here: 2020 Frozen Four Tournament.bin

45 minutes ago, seamor said:

Hi all,

I've updated forum with first 12 hours of so of sign-ups, hopefully we get some more so we can set a cap at nice power of 2, so no one gets a bye. In the mean time, please download this version of the ROM for the tournament. The only difference is that OT is 100 minutes as opposed to 20, the menu is set to our default settings mentioned in the first post, and 3 Stars formula is updated for line changes.

If you haven't played online much before, I'd be happy to help some people set up tonight, but frankly I can't teach you anything the tutorials here can't already.

Please download the tournament version of the ROM so things can run smoothly once we get started, attached here: 2020 Frozen Four Tournament.bin 2 MB · 0 downloads

Lets get some heavy hitters on the board!

Might want to put that rom in the first post as well.

11 minutes ago, #KentuckyWindage said:

Eau Claire Bluegolds

Doesn't seem like they're in this rom. Do you have a second choice on the list in the first post, and that isn't taken?

16 minutes ago, MikeGartner22 said:

If this can be line changes off, I'm in as Quinnipiac 

We were planning on going with line changes since it made things a bit more fresh, but I'll poll the group signed up so far to see how people would feel about turning them off.

Edit: Board of Govs met, they've been turned off. You're in.

Edited by seamor

Encountered a bug playing @Mitch Kramer that I've never seen before!

• Delayed penalty call, then there's a breakaway. Skater gets tripped going to the net and is awarded a penalty shot.
  • During the next stoppage, the skater goes to the box then the penalty shot starts.
  • Shooter on the penalty shot scores and is awarded a power play goal.
  • No man is in the box after the penalty shot goal.

18 hours ago, seamor said:

Sorry, we've already started. Do you want to hop on the waitlist?

No prob, I'm sure @clockwise paid you a large sum of money to keep me out of the tourney.....

I'll just watch from the bench with my gameboy drinking hot chocolate 

• Haha 1