NHL'94 Forums

GENS B West draft

halifax

1. Post in this thread to pick your team once the player before you has picked or it's your time.

2. If you see someone's turn to pick, please message/contact them 94 times until they pick.

3. Picks start on Tuesday at 8am but you can start before then.

All times in EST

B WEST

Niuhuskie224 - Chicago Blackhawks

asuclay - Montreal Canadiens

dcicon5148 - Detroit Red Wings

jer_33 - Buffalo Sabres

Raidercanuck1329 - Winnipeg Jets

LeifErikson - Boston Bruins

hokkeefan Toronto Maple Leafs

flatcrusher Vancouver Canucks

Geevers Pittsburgh Penguins

nhl94OG Calgary Flames

seventieslord Los Angeles Kings

tvotaw9 Dallas Stars

Labs_66 Quebec Nordiques

25 minutes ago, seventieslord said:

sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but if there's a B east and B west, does that mean we are separate leagues? do we play an interlocking schedule or are we really just two separate versions of B league?

Separate. Cuts down on the number of people you need to play against, so you play more games vs each person rather than 1 or 2 against a lot of people. Easier to get people to finish their schedule.

2 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Separate. Cuts down on the number of people you need to play against, so you play more games vs each person rather than 1 or 2 against a lot of people. Easier to get people to finish their schedule.

Alright, cool. what's the thinking on doing it this way instead of trying to separate by skill and having A-B-C-D?

2 minutes ago, seventieslord said:

Alright, cool. what's the thinking on doing it this way instead of trying to separate by skill and having A-B-C-D?

Maybe Halifax could answer better, but I would say.. it's like a bell curve, so a lot of the B guys are relatively close? ALthough I think we did do a D league in the past at some point. But like the bottom few "B" guys and top few "C" guys are going to be basically the same skill level (whereas A vs B is usually fairly clear-cut except 1 or 2 guys).

PS I checked just now and there will be a B-West champ vs B-East champ final series.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Maybe Halifax could answer better, but I would say.. it's like a bell curve, so a lot of the B guys are relatively close? ALthough I think we did do a D league in the past at some point. But like the bottom few "B" guys and top few "C" guys are going to be basically the same skill level (whereas A vs B is usually fairly clear-cut except 1 or 2 guys).

PS I checked just now and there will be a B-West champ vs B-East champ final series.

yeah, i agree separating all of them could be tough at this point. However, maybe after a full season has been played, we could.

You also don't want a 26 team league -- those bottom tier teams really get tough to use.  One time we mixed everyone together, gave the C guys top picks, B next and the A's had the bottom teams.  That's also interesting if the numbers work out, but we had a lot of people this bonus summer season!