kidswasted

All-Time Greatest Team Rosters

31 minutes ago, clockwise said:

What if kidswasteds is able to grant life and those players will be trapped in the ROM? Trapped in the ROM to play forever.

Rink of Dreams?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, clockwise said:

I vote no.

There are good arguments for either side. Gretz and Mess are obvious. But there are a lot of other players that could easily show up on multiple teams. 

I think I'm going to keep this within reason. I'm not going to have guys appear on every single team they played for. They would need to have played a significant amount of team and had a decent impact in their years there. For example Coffey would appear on EDM and PIT. Probably not on DET as they have other deserving D-men from over there years.

2 hours ago, halifax said:

I might be biased but when I made the SNES WHA Rom I out guys in multiple teams. It’s a much smaller sample size but I gave those guys different rating depending on how they performed on that team. 

much like you’d give gretzky a higher rating in Edmonton vs Los Angeles. 

I didn't even think of this. What a great idea having slightly different attributes  depending on that team. Now I can have Turgeon tentatively on BUF, NYI, and STL! LOL Thanks @halifax!

17 hours ago, Sauce said:

My food for thought was/is that If I’m a Oilers fan, for example, I’d be annoyed if I can’t play as Messier as he helped them win five Cups.  As a Rangers fan, I wouldn’t play this without Mess as he is a legend for the franchise.  Same mindset applies to several players.  You’re doing the “best of” for each team so how do you omit some of the best players that define those franchise’s histories?  Just saying...

Doesn’t mean I’m right.  Go with your instincts.  

Exactly! These two guys are the main reason this has been bugging me. I think I'm just going to have great players on multiple teams within reason. Thanks for your input everyone. Back to the drawing board!

16 hours ago, clockwise said:

I vote no.

There are good arguments for either side. Gretz and Mess are obvious. But there are a lot of other players that could easily show up on multiple teams. 

I think I'm going to keep this within reason. I'm not going to have guys appear on every single team they played for. They would need to have played a significant amount of team and had a decent impact in their years there. For example Coffey would appear on EDM and PIT. Probably not on DET as they have other deserving D-men from over there years.

2 hours ago, halifax said:

I might be biased but when I made the SNES WHA Rom I out guys in multiple teams. It’s a much smaller sample size but I gave those guys different rating depending on how they performed on that team. 

much like you’d give gretzky a higher rating in Edmonton vs Los Angeles. 

I didn't even think of this. What a great idea having slightly different attributes  depending on that team. Now I can have Turgeon tentatively on BUF, NYI, and STL! LOL Thanks @halifax!

17 hours ago, Sauce said:

My food for thought was/is that If I’m a Oilers fan, for example, I’d be annoyed if I can’t play as Messier as he helped them win five Cups.  As a Rangers fan, I wouldn’t play this without Mess as he is a legend for the franchise.  Same mindset applies to several players.  You’re doing the “best of” for each team so how do you omit some of the best players that define those franchise’s histories?  Just saying...

Doesn’t mean I’m right.  Go with your instincts.  

Exactly! These two guys are the main reason this has been bugging me. I think I'm just going to have great players on multiple teams within reason. Thanks for your input everyone. Back to the drawing board!

Now, you are free from the shackles of your creativity.  Go in peace and return a new man... and, return with this finished rom for Christ’s Sake!  Lol

• Haha 1

As I've been working on the rosters and lines something I was thinking about was that I was originally planning on using the regular 28-team ROM and having teams 27 and 28 be some sort of All-Star team combination.

For 28-team ROM:

• North American Vs. World All-Stars
  • Original 6 All Stars Vs. Expansion All-Stars
  • Pre-1980's Vs. Post-1980's All-Stars

If I were to use the 32-team ROM I could include the two all-star teams I was planning for the 28-team ROM as well as some combination of the newer expansion teams such as the Wild, Blue Jackets, Thrashers/new Jets, Predators, Golden Knights . I would probably just use the first four since the Golden Knights are practically brand new.  Another idea while typing this would be to use the 32-team ROM and create an A and B combination team of say, Wild/Blue Jackets, Thrashers/Predators, and still have whatever 2 all-star teams I wanted to use in the 28-team ROM. 

Otherwise I could use the 30/32-team ROM to create 4/6 all-star teams, maybe split the era's up a bit more? I don't know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dumb questions here: is this for SNES? Are you even able to put 32 teams in the game if you wanted to? For some reason I thought the max number of teams was 28 based on the original team ROM.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

Dumb questions here: is this for SNES? Are you even able to put 32 teams in the game if you wanted to? For some reason I thought the max number of teams was 28 based on the original team ROM.

Not a dumb question at all. It’s for SNES but I got lost in Gens talk whoops.