NHL'94 Forums

TSB3 - Adding 2 Teams MT Remix Project Mayhem

Drunken_1

4 hours ago, DominikJagr said:

After reading two posts on change.org made by the guy known as Mort in the Tecmo community I would have done the same what Knobbe did I guess. But I would let people to access the site backup or something similar. At least for couple of weeks to download files/threads. I've made just couple of posts there but I loved reading that forum. As a European loving NFL and Tecmo games (became fan of both thanks to NHL94 forum and tecmobowl.org site) I lost the place I like visiting.  

Btw, shutting down the site is discussed here (https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/other-football-games/973316-tecmobowl-org-shut-down.html) and this https://github.com/BAD-AL/TSB_Stuff was posted there. 

@Drunken_1 

Drunken_Honkey has made Tecmo Superbowl 4 that is 99% complete, and was posting on the site with updates. Anyone have a clue how to contact him on his progress ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TecmoBowl/comments/i100ws/tecmobowlorg_is_no_more/

Yeah from what I gathered I know Knobbe is a smart guy, so I trust he had good reason.  Not the least bit mad at him.  I will miss that site also.  I know the Mort guy and Knobbe had a rocky relationship.  

Edited by Drunken_1

17 hours ago, Drunken_1 said:

Looks like I need to start a reddit account and get on the twitter again.  I got of the social media highway a couple years back.  

No need for social media, just keep grinding on this project. Not much I can offer in terms of help, other than being a cheerleader & if you need any sort of play testing, ect

• Like 1

I am 97% sure the Trade error is caused by a roster load program.  I am on call all week so I can't dig deep but the section that controls the scrolling between the team you are trading with checks out.  Only when Seattle's roster needs to load does it freeze.   Haven't looked for the coding as to why SF and Sea get skipped if any other team is HUM controlled in the FA mode.  But I'm quite sure they are 2 separate issues as it doesn't skip either team in the Trade mode..  I think I have an idea of where to look for the Sea roster load error.  Just might have to wait until this weekend.  

I am also going to clean up my 1st post and move the coding to word docs and attach them that way.  They will be labeled like their stage names for easier navigation. 

Screen Shot of the Kansas City midfield logo and new animations:

QB drop back

image.png

QB running foward still looking for the pass

image.png:

Ball carrier

image.png

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Fixed the Trade issue, it was a roster load problem.  I have updated the Trade/FA section in my first post that shows the locations and the table that needs to be moved.  It was pointing to a table that was set up for 30 teams, the 32nd team pointed to value D2, which is why SEA was not loading correctly.  I included 4 locations that control the scrolling menu of the team you trade with.  I think there might be a couple of codes that need to be checked (Player numbers, A0 04 is the last player number in the original game, there are still like 3 locations in my rom that compare this number.  The one I changed was for names and ratings and stat tracking)

I was also able to find the location in RAM that seems to be causing the SKP issue with SF and SEA.  I can see what is causing the issue, now I have to find the code that is doing it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Once I get past the FA error, I will be able to get back to the creative stuff.  

I still need to fix the Returning from injury cut scene.  It sometimes loads the wrong team jersey, but not just the wrong team jersey the opposite team jersey the other team is wearing.  So if you are playing Green Bay in Green Bay, your guy might come back wearing an Away Green Bay jersey.  So he got it somewhat right.  lol.  So I will have to go through my coding to see what I screwed up.  (I may end up creating a sideline reporter just reporting that the player is coming back)

I also need to change the Superbowl win cut scene, the 2nd consecutive Superbowl win if you win 2 in a row and the magical 3rd straight Superbowl cut scene. 

I also need to finish the pregame cut scene, I added the national anthem, need to create what will be showing on screen when it plays... I found this before the "controversy" over the national anthem.  So I am not 100% sure I even want to go down that path.  I think I am just going to have the flag waving.  You can do what you want to do when it is playing.  :)  

I also need to fix the Washington Team now.  Also update the Rams, Raiders, chargers, Atlanta, Tampa and Jacksonville's jersey layouts, logos and names. 

I also need to gather my notes on how the game loads play tiles.  I am going to attempt to load the tiles according to who you have in the game.  And with that I need to hack in the offensive package hack.  This will let you make offensive adjustments on the fly in the playbook select screen.  I have a loose code on how to make the computer use this.  

I need to get updated rosters, ratings and player faces done.  If my brother doesn't get me something soon I may look for outside help to get me these.  

Then finally finalize the playbooks. 

Did I mention we will have endzone celebrations (right now they are randomize based on the player's ratings, working on trying to make them button executed)

Seems like a lot, but considering all that we have done with this game I can't believe that's all I have left.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Drunken_1 said:

I still need to fix the Returning from injury cut scene.  It sometimes loads the wrong team jersey, but not just the wrong team jersey the opposite team jersey the other team is wearing.  So if you are playing Green Bay in Green Bay, your guy might come back wearing an Away Green Bay jersey.  So he got it somewhat right.  lol.  So I will have to go through my coding to see what I screwed up.  (I may end up creating a sideline reporter just reporting that the player is coming back)

I also need to change the Superbowl win cut scene, the 2nd consecutive Superbowl win if you win 2 in a row and the magical 3rd straight Superbowl cut scene. 

I also need to finish the pregame cut scene, I added the national anthem, need to create what will be showing on screen when it plays... I found this before the "controversy" over the national anthem.  So I am not 100% sure I even want to go down that path.  I think I am just going to have the flag waving.  You can do what you want to do when it is playing.  :)  

I also need to fix the Washington Team now.  Also update the Rams, Raiders, chargers, Atlanta, Tampa and Jacksonville's jersey layouts, logos and names. 

I also need to gather my notes on how the game loads play tiles.  I am going to attempt to load the tiles according to who you have in the game.  And with that I need to hack in the offensive package hack.  This will let you make offensive adjustments on the fly in the playbook select screen.  I have a loose code on how to make the computer use this.  

I need to get updated rosters, ratings and player faces done.  If my brother doesn't get me something soon I may look for outside help to get me these.  

Did I mention we will have endzone celebrations (right now they are randomize based on the player's ratings, working on trying to make them button executed)

Seems like a lot, but considering all that we have done with this game I can't believe that's all I have left.

Maybe having the jets fly overhead of the stadium with players looking up for the anthem.

I think a cut scene for the players return with the reporter is great. If you had just their face put up in a window that 

#12 Tom Brady

Back from injury.

• Like 1

I thought about that, it is doable but would require a boatload of coding.  Would also need to find space in the rom as it would need a large section to point to the mapping of each face.  It's on my things to do next time.  Like replacing the start movie with the previous years stat leaders as you play through seasons.  I already coded the first screen to load the color pallets of the last 2 teams you played a game with.  

• Thanks 2

Now that I wrote that out, it might not be as hard as I was thinking.  I would have to see if I could do what I did for the player view screen but instead hack the helmet shell code that is used for the vs screen.   Very interesting. <_< hmmmmm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drunken_1 said:

Wow, just wow. You have gone above and beyond anything I could have expected. I was excited for 32 teams & 8 divisions. I had read this twice just to take it all in. Sounds simply amazing.

If you need any help with stats, ratings, pictures, ect. just let me know, I am more than willing to do anything I can to help make this a reality

Genesis Effect.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Drunken_1 said:

Now that I wrote that out, it might not be as hard as I was thinking.  I would have to see if I could do what I did for the player view screen but instead hack the helmet shell code that is used for the vs screen.   Very interesting. <_< hmmmmm

At the end of the day, you know what you want this masterpiece to look like with the feel, and experience. I'm sure you will find the mix that will make yourself proud and everyone waiting patiently and impatiently floored and delighted to experience. Keep it up and take the time that it is needed. Masterpieces dont happen over night. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I found the coding to fix the FA Mode, will go through and make sure everything is working correctly, but I had to find the code that loaded the table from SRAM for team control type (MAN/COA/COM/SKP) and RAM location x7E0E23 & x7E0E24.  Found the coding, have changed it to load to RAM location x7E0E60 & x7E0E61.  First check loads SEA, now I will make sure everything works correctly.  I will update the first post with the locations to adjust this in the ROM.

Updated:

First run through and everything seems to check out.  Done until further testing.  I've updated the doc on the first page with the updated location changes.

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Like 3

Most of my progress from here on out will mostly take place on weekends.  My job is going to keep me busy during the week.  Last night I tracked down information for the Created Player stuff.  I am not sure when a beta will be available.   Still writing out our ideas on paper for plays and concepts, then we will start coding it.

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Like 3

I was able to get some RAM locations for the Created Player.  I need to expand this to work for 32 teams.  Once I figure that out, I plan to add a General Manager Mode in the exhibition screen that will use the same kind of coding from the Create a player mode that will allow you to alter your team's coach, offensive play type, defensive alignment (3/4 or 4/3) and edit your coaches offensive, defensive and special teams IQ.  Coaching IQ will be a secondary filter that will help players make better decisions when that player's IQ fails.  This will be a Create a Coach option added to the game.   So basically if a CB with a Pass IQ of 2 fails a check it will check the coaches Defensive IQ.  If it is equal to or higher it will run the check again.  A coach with a lower IQ than a player will never help that player pass an IQ check.  

With the create a coach option I will be moving the tables in the ROM that decide the above things in the game and move it to RAM so that it can be edited in real time. (unless the season has been started in which you won't be able to switch your defensive alignment until the end of the year)  Offenses can be alter mid year as this happens all the time, but no team has ever switch from a 3/4 to 4/3 or vice versa mid season.  The personnel wouldn't allow it.  This should also allow you to make teams better than they normally would as this will also alter the sim value based on the coaches ratings.  The remaining 5 player slots will be used as in Game sliders for game speed, power etc.  It will also have a slider for the manual run controls and the chances of a pass/fail.  I plan to keep the Improve part of created players too, so if one wants to just play the COA option only, they will be able to start a career as a Coach in the NFL.  I think I can even have it where you can trade coaches between teams.  I hope. 

I will try to get both of these things edited, but if I have to choose 1, I haven't made a decision on which one I will go with.  I think both would be good for the game.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

@Drunken_1 you were able to decompress SNES graphics? We can’t figure it out in NHL94 for SNES (Genesis version we have decompressed them). I wonder if the compression is the same as TSB3. 

btw great job on this ROM so far. Love TSB3!

Finished adding the button controls for directional punts so you can control the direction.  One glitch that I have to figure out, short punts go straight up or down depending on the direction you choose.  But still cool being able to pin the returner to a sideline.  I will get the fix for the glitch sometime this weekend.

image.png

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Found 1/3 of the created player stuff.  Changed the coding to show the name correctly.  Next is getting the ratings to pull correctly.  Have a basic idea of what it is doing.

The 3rd part is for my rom only, as our ratings are different, we added ratings to each player.  I found some of the coding for that, will need to do some graphical hacks to have it work correctly. 

• Love 1

Found the second part.  Figured out how the loading worked and I had the wrong pointers set up for ratings.  Next for the graphics.  I also have a couple of requests in the queue, I will work on those for you guys, just know it will take time.  I'm on call this week so time will be very limited.

Edited:

This still has some coding I need to figure out, looks like SEA is not loading correctly in the pick team menu that pops up.  It will automatically replace the QB1 for SEA no matter which position you choose.  I will work on that bug this week.  

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Love 1