NHL'94 Forums

TSB3 - Adding 2 Teams MT Remix Project Mayhem

Drunken_1

They fired my manager yesterday... now her work is my work.  I haven't even been able to turn my personal computer on this week.  Might be flying to Chicago next week.  May have to put my programming stuff on my work laptop... luckily I'm IT and have admin rights to do so.  It has been a week for real.  This is all going to slow me down.  

• Thanks 1

Quick look at the alternate jerseys, right now I've coded it for 3 alt Home and Away, working on expanding it to have all the previous jerseys a team has sported available. The last jersey for each team is their jersey from the year TSB3 was released if it has changed since then, see the attached screen for Seattle.  Old School! 

Seahawks.jpeg

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 2

First part of adding pick-able faces to the Created player is done, was able to jack in and call my first face tiles instead and mapped it the correct way.  Will work on the scrolling through each face/color pallet and saving it to SRAM part of the coding shortly. 

image.png

Also, I have found all the coding for the Created Players for the base rom.  The part I am doing with my Rom with the faces is just extra for TSB4.  I am almost positive I have all the coding needed now to make a base TSB III hack to 32 with minimal graphical hacks.  Obviously there are graphically and pallet hacks needed for the 2 new teams. 

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, LanceUpperrrcut said:

Nice work. As exciting as an all new TSB 4 is, I can also see a want for TSB 3 just expanded to 32 teams. 

Who am I kidding ? I would love TSB 3 with 32 teams

That’s my dream dude to have a 32 team tsb3. I don’t care if it’s 8 divisions or just the 6. I don’t care if the teams are in the right division or conference, I just want to see all 32 teams on tsb3. Something that would work with tsb3 manager so you can keep the rosters current. I would pay handsomely for somebody to make this happen. I wouldn’t sell it or make money off it just play it! I would pay a lot of money! It sucked shat happened to the tb site. I’m glad to see the drunken one back on the war path to complete tsb4, it looks amazing!! Can’t wait to try it. 

• Thanks 1

So today I started hacking the original TSB 3 rom and hopefully in a couple weeks I can release it.  This will have only hacks that are needed to add 2 teams to the original rom.  The biggest 3 hurdles will be the Big Helmets, end zones and the Team Select Menu.  I hacked the Big helmets for my face hack and I hacked the Team select to be one team at a time.  I will revisit that code and see if I can just add another page like the original has and make it 8 teams per page.  I don't think I tried to do that on TSB4 as I already knew what I wanted to do with that menu.  Endzones are just a pain to draw and map out because of the way the field is skewed.  Not sure how I want to handle it right now, may end up adding the midfield logos and field mapping from TSB4 as It would make future edits way easier for people wanting to do their own roms.  I really don't want to do much graphical hacking if I don't need to. 

The mini helmets and name plates are already done.  Working on the menu highlight cursor that highlights the helmet of the team you are currently on.  I am doing all the graphics first before adding the coding to make it 32 teams/8 divisions.   When I release this I will release it in a new thread and post the link here.

image.png 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

yeah we need more love for the genesis tsb games. i would love to see some hack tools for the genesis tsb and tsb 2(if its possible) with simulation editing to similar to the nes/snes tsb tool. i often wish the three year mode on tsb for genesis/snes was like tsb 2 with each different roster for each year. i even wish they had continued three year mode with tsb 3. i know onthe snes about the trick to get the players you want thru the create a player trick but it would be nice if someone can find a way to remove the trade restricts to make trading easier similar to the genesis version.

Edited by kefkaroth
  • Like 1

In case anyone is following at home, my brother and I have completed season 23. I was victorious with Washington.

We are playing a heavily modified juiced version of TSB 3. There was a more difficult version of juiced ( possibly super juiced), with tecmobowl.org gone, does anyone know where I can find that version of the game?

RetroArch Snes9x 1.60 bd9246d 9_16_2020 23_35_55.png

• Like 1

I was able to get most of the exhibition stuff done.  Still need to figure out what I didn't log when it comes to loading the nameplates on the US Map.  Right now it is loading SF and SEA for the AFC and NFC.  I got the team text set up and need to tweak the US map highlighter but progress is progress.  Will hopefully get a huge portion done in the next couple of days and then start the Season coding.  I have the Helmet shells and logos almost figured out.  Fingers crossed but looks like it will be doable in the next 2-3 weeks barring some major hurdle I haven't thought about.

• Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know you’re a super busy dude @Drunken_1 but I have a question that only you would probably know. A long time ago somebody put on Tecmobowlorg that each player in tsb3 has a specific hex byte ranging from 1 to f that symbolizes how good they are in the game regardless of attributes and sim data. Is this true? If so do you know the location of it?Thanks. 

1 hour ago, SirPurr3 said:

I know you’re a super busy dude @Drunken_1 but I have a question that only you would probably know. A long time ago somebody put on Tecmobowlorg that each player in tsb3 has a specific hex byte ranging from 1 to f that symbolizes how good they are in the game regardless of attributes and sim data. Is this true? If so do you know the location of it?Thanks. 

It's the sim value, I'm not at home today, but I can post the location.  The byte works for Sim games only.  Doesn't effect them in a played game.

16 minutes ago, Drunken_1 said:

It's the sim value, I'm not at home today, but I can post the location.  The byte works for Sim games only.  Doesn't effect them in a played game.

Ok cool. No need to, I already have the sim location. Just wasn’t sure if there was another location I didn’t know of. Thanks for your time! 

18 hours ago, SirPurr3 said:

Ok cool. No need to, I already have the sim location. Just wasn’t sure if there was another location I didn’t know of. Thanks for your time! 

18 hours ago, SirPurr3 said:

well i would like you to send it out drunken_1. there are certain players sim data i have wanted to fix up like gary clark for an example.

Edited by kefkaroth

@kefkaroth sim values start at 001ee0400. Each team has 102 bytes. 6 for QBs, 16 for RBs, 16 for WRs, 8 for TEs, 18 for DLs, 15 for LBs, 21 for DBs, 1 for Ks and 1 for team off/def preference. I think that’s what the last byte does. Teams are in order same as attributes bytes. 

Edited by SirPurr3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:08 AM, Drunken_1 said:

Sorry guys been an incredibly busy month.  Working really long hours lately and I just haven't had the time or energy to edit. 

Don't worry, I have been there lately myself. Take your time, what you have done already seems fantastic, I'm exited to see the project finished regardless of when it's done.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ajcanobatiz said:

Where can u download tsb3 updated?

I haven't posted my versions yet.  I've been MIA for a bit, work has been stupid crazy.   2020 can suck a big one.  Since my old boss quit, so much has changed.   Hoping by 2021 things start getting back to normal.   I can say the next 2 months will be exhausting for me.   Wish I had better news guys.

• 2 weeks later...