NHL'94 Forums

TSB3 - Adding 2 Teams MT Remix Project Mayhem

Drunken_1

On 11/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, UltraMagnus said:

s**t sorry dude I don't know why I said SNES, the Sega version is the only TSB1 I like. I actually had that editor in the past but deleted it because it didn't work for Sega. Thank you for posting it though! I've found the Sega locations for offensive preferences, names, attributes and offensive formations but for some reason the formation change in hex doesn't reflect in the rom. I'm still working on finding the sim data. 

Just update the rosters, make all teams a 2 back set and update the sim data. I updated TSB3 for SNES rosters and sim data for this year. I got all those locations from the shut down site and used TSB3 manager. Couldn't find any info for 3 for Sega so I just did SNES. I use the Panthers on 3 and want to use the Bengals for 1. As for logos I don't want to change anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though somebody may be doing a better update to TSB3 at the moment, I'm sharing this I made for myself. This roms are based on the yearly releases from Fernando49 that were on the defunct tborg site, updated with the rosters from Sblueman's 2020 week one TSB NES rom, with me filling the gaps on the missing players and attributes when doing the transition to TSB3. Two roms, one with Ravens and Browns and the other with Titans and Texans in their place. (This are not the same as the ones I shared on other thread)

Tecmo Super Bowl III - Final Edition 2020 [Browns - Ravens] (Hack).smc Tecmo Super Bowl III - Final Edition 2020 [Texans - Titans] (Hack).smc

Edited by EmpireBowl
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This has been such a crap year, I really thought I was going to get this done.  If 2020 has proven anything,  it's that making plans is useless.   With that, I have 2 straight weeks of 4 day weekends with no travel or family plans and plan to try do some coding.  This game will be done at some point, let hope 2020 gives me a break these last 2 weeks of the year.  Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 has been a crappy year for all of us dude. We just have march forward the best we can. Whether it’s making your tsb 4 or converting tsb 3 to 32 teams both are really hard work and will be amazing when they are done. I just wish I had your knowledge to do any of them. There’s no pressure to get it done, it will happen when it happens. Keep up the great work and I hope 2021 is better for all of us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I'll post my question here it might get more views. I have all the locations needed for all of the tsb versions I like. The only thing I cant figure out is how to do names for tsb1 for Sega. I can make long names short but can't make short names long without making everything all messed up. Please, does anybody now how to do the names? I owe you guys my gratitude for showing me and others the greatness of modifying these games. Thank you! 

Tecmo Super Bowl - Copy000.bmp

44 minutes ago, SirPurr3 said:

I'll post my question here it might get more views. I have all the locations needed for all of the tsb versions I like. The only thing I cant figure out is how to do names for tsb1 for Sega. I can make long names short but can't make short names long without making everything all messed up. Please, does anybody now how to do the names? I owe you guys my gratitude for showing me and others the greatness of modifying these games. Thank you! 

Tecmo Super Bowl - Copy000.bmp 225.05 kB · 2 downloads

I was able to do the offence for the 49ers...and I can do it for all teams.

image.png

11 minutes ago, SirPurr3 said:

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Can you put in full first names? I figured you should have 12 bites of space since that's what the other versions allow. I still get this :(

Tecmo Super Bowl - Copy001.bmp 225.05 kB · 0 downloads

This version of the rom for SEGA doesn't allow it just using the HxD to edit it. There is another way, but alot of steps involved to get it to populate and operate once its be edited.

8 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

This version of the rom for SEGA doesn't allow it just using the HxD to edit it. There is another way, but alot of steps involved to get it to populate and operate once its be edited.

Not sure what you mean by this version of the rom. What's the name of the program you used? I found a .bin version made by tecmosuperfan a 2020 version that can by edited the way you showed for tsb3 sega but the stats are all screwed up. No receiver has more than 1 receiving td for a whole season and many rbs over 2000 yards rushing

Well that's a crappy bummer. I don't know why Sega has to be a bastard lol. I guess I'll have to stick with snes tsb1 which sucks because I really don't like it compared to segas version but it can easily be modified. Thank you very much for your time and help!  

7 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

@SirPurr3 What are you looking to do? Cause I would be more than happy to help out for you.

The only thing I’m looking to do is change the rosters. I would like to make a 1988 version of the game. I can alway do what you did and just use the first initial and last name or just the last name but I would still be limited on space of the name that’s there now. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SirPurr3 said:

The only thing I’m looking to do is change the rosters. I would like to make a 1988 version of the game. I can alway do what you did and just use the first initial and last name or just the last name but I would still be limited on space of the name that’s there now. 

I can put that together if you like.

7 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

I can put that together if you like.

I mean sure if you really want to and it’s no trouble knock yourself out. The only time I get into this stuff is winter because it gives me something to do. Sometimes I feel editing the game is more fun than actually playing it.