NHL'94 Forums

TSB3 - Adding 2 Teams MT Remix Project Mayhem

Drunken_1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hang on, I'm really interesed in your project about adding an additional 2 Teams to Tecmo Super Bowl 3. But I am confused as it is a part of a thread about Tecmo Super Bowl IV, which appears to be a fan project. Is the idea of adding 2 Teams to TSB3 a part of IV, or is it its own separate project. If it is, I am very interested. It's always been my dream to play Tecmo Super Bowl III with all 32 Teams and updates Helmets and Logos.

15 minutes ago, PlazmaCube said:

Hang on, I'm really interesed in your project about adding an additional 2 Teams to Tecmo Super Bowl 3. But I am confused as it is a part of a thread about Tecmo Super Bowl IV, which appears to be a fan project. Is the idea of adding 2 Teams to TSB3 a part of IV, or is it its own separate project. If it is, I am very interested. It's always been my dream to play Tecmo Super Bowl III with all 32 Teams and updates Helmets and Logos.

The version we are creating used TSB3, but everything we've added, it would be misleading to call it a TSB3 mod.  We've changed most the graphics, added ratings to players (impact rating for all playerd that the code uses for boosts, IQ ratings for positions that the code uses for decision making, etc)  Added player faces for all and the fields have a midfield logo now.  Did I mention selectable alt jerseys, and RPOs?

Just now, Drunken_1 said:

The version we are creating used TSB3, but everything we've added, it would be misleading to call it a TSB3 mod.  We've changed most the graphics, added ratings to players (impact rating for all playerd that the code uses for boosts, IQ ratings for positions that the code uses for decision making, etc)  Added player faces for all and the fields have a midfield logo now.  Did I mention selectable alt jerseys, and RPOs?

That sounds pretty siick. I don't know how I entirely feel about the design overall being different, as I want to enjoy what I'm used to, but a SNES Game with a 32 Team update sounds really cool. Cannot wait until it gets released. Any idea when it should be ready by? Or is it too early to know?

• Like 1

Also, as a side project I am trying to do minimal edits to the original TSB3.   Just adding 2 teams, but it's not as easy as it seems.  I did a horrible job early on documenting some of the areas that I need to expand to make a 32 team basic TSB3 rom.  So when I hit a creative block or just have a little time I also work on that version.

Technically TSB4 is already a 32 team rom, the plays and rosters are the only functional things missing.  My brother and I have been discussing getting those done to finally after 8+ years get a fully playable version to the masses.

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Love 1

Oh yeah, working on a hack that will update the play graphics to reflect the personnel that is in the game.  Want to put your full back in?  Cool the graphics will reflect that by showing the I formation.  2 TEs?  No problem, you can do that.  The coding will adjust and the players will line up where they should.  Long hard work, but if we can pull it off, straight awesome!

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Drunken_1 said:

Also, as a side project I am trying to do minimal edits to the original TSB3.   Just adding 2 teams, but it's not as easy as it seems.  I did a horrible job early on documenting some of the areas that I need to expand to make a 32 team basic TSB3 rom.  So when I hit a creative block or just have a little time I also work on that version.

Technically TSB4 is already a 32 team rom, the plays and rosters are the only functional things missing.  My brother and I have been discussing getting those done to finally after 8+ years get a fully playable version to the masses.

Hm, that project sounds interesting. Hope it all goes well! In the meantime, can't wait to see how TSB4 turns out, and I'll be sure to give it a try when it does get released.

• Like 1

Hello,

So since the original TecmoBowl.org Site is back up, will updates on the project continue again specifically on there?

Thank you. Stay safe

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:19 AM, SirPurr3 said:

The only thing I’m looking to do is change the rosters. I would like to make a 1988 version of the game. I can alway do what you did and just use the first initial and last name or just the last name but I would still be limited on space of the name that’s there now. 

making a 1991,1992 and 1994 rom would be great too for tsb 1 on genesis using the roster and attributes from the tsb games of nes and the tsb 2 genesis. im working on that as a nes project. so far i have completed tsb 92 and 93 but still working to finish 94 and i want to do the same for the 95 and 96 roms for nes coping the data from tsb 3 and tsb psx but due to the lack of a 30 team rom i hit a wall for now. i thought about using the 32 team rom and using two teams as free agents and the hall of fame greats for 95 but the 8 divisions is the thing that is keeping me from going thru with it. the 92 and 93 roms will need some polish for the simulation data more so 92 since 93 i pretty much copied from its tsb snes version.

Edited by kefkaroth

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 6:23 PM, SirPurr3 said:

They already have all the years of the nes version I believe. Just use them as shells and making changes there. 

those roms dont match the official tsb games that were release during those periods. i copy mine from the official games that were released on those consoles back in the day(attributes,players etc...)with exception of the generic names. added to the fact that the roms for 95 and 96 dont have a 30 team rom, as its only 28 or 32 teams mostly

Edited by kefkaroth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:08 PM, Drunken_1 said:

Still at it, but adding editable faces to the created players menu is giving me fits.

I appreciate the ambition, but how about releasing a 32 team version of TSB 3 ? All the extras would be great, but at this point I would be happy to just have 32 teams with 8 divisions. Once again, I don't mean any disrespect for all that you are attempting to accomplish

• Love 2

26 minutes ago, LanceUpperrrcut said:

I appreciate the ambition, but how about releasing a 32 team version of TSB 3 ? All the extras would be great, but at this point I would be happy to just have 32 teams with 8 divisions. Once again, I don't mean any disrespect for all that you are attempting to accomplish

I started trying to do that, it's still a lot of work.  There are still graphics that need to be updated/added.  There are a handful of hacks that were created that won't apply to the original.  If I am going to put time into it, I'd rather work on the new rom.  That's the best I can do.  Trust us, no one wants this out more than us.

23 hours ago, Drunken_1 said:

I started trying to do that, it's still a lot of work.  There are still graphics that need to be updated/added.  There are a handful of hacks that were created that won't apply to the original.  If I am going to put time into it, I'd rather work on the new rom.  That's the best I can do.  Trust us, no one wants this out more than us.

Ah, it's nice to hear something from this thread after a while. I'm still super hyped for this. Feel free to take as much time as you need, programming is by no means an easy task. I want a playable 32 team version of TSBIII as well, and while I wish I could help, I know basically nothing about programming myself. Hope things are well and I am excited for updates. Thank you. Stay safe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the words of the late great Scott Hall... Hey yo!?

Still at it, got a huge chunk of coding done in preparation for adding face editing in the created player menu.  Will work on the part for reading the controller inputs and refreshing the tiles for it.  But the faces are in the save file and can be slightly edited.   You just can't see the edit in real time.  However, in season team data you can now see the created players face correctly.   Just a little buggy in game viewing.   I will get this done. 

• Thanks 1