NHL'94 Forums

To Genesis Sports Enthusiasts!!!

I'm aware that NHL94' website is mainly for the NHL series, but with the recent news that Tecmobowl.org is no more (RIP). This is one of the last places people, gamers, modders, and anyone for a debate can go and tickle that itch.

This post / project is to get some help on some of the games that are long over do for a refresh/overhaul.

• Triple Play Baseball (I've managed to get it cleaned, and rosters updated, especially without the dreaded "Ghetto City" or Jim's, or Frank's TEAM.) 
  • World Series Baseball (I've updated all the rosters (attributes as well), found the logos. But needing help on main screen, and some other aspects)
  • NBA Live 98' (I've updated the rosters last year (all manually), but 96' has an editor which makes things a lot easier, I'm working with the guy who created it to see if we can get one for 98')  
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 3 (I've updated the rosters (attributes), speed up the game, able to find the logos. but need help on the screens.) I know this probably is a waste of time, since @Drunken_1, the master of SNES TSB3 is overhauling that game to be more of original game TSB4!!!
  • PrimeTime Football / NFL 98 (I've done some modding there, but need some help to get the rosters completed and an overhaul of the helmets)
  • Madden 98 (I've played with the rosters, but TSB is far better)

PM or share as this is more to reach out to fellow enthusiasts and try bringing up closer with games we love....and updated features and rosters.:dal_skater_hand_grab:

Below are the games I've started and would love input or suggestions (I.e. NCAA alternatives). Also, at the very bottom, is the NCAA TSB that I found, can't remember where. But Ill give to @MT Remix and @JstoutLogic as they were the ones I found in the game.

Bill Walsh College Football '95.bin Madden NFL 98.bin NFL 2020.gen Triple Play Gold 2020.bin Tecmo Super Bowl 3 '20.bin World Series Baseball '20 (98).smd NCAA-TSB 2019.zip

Edited by UltraMagnus
Wrong file attached
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

To Genesis Sports Enthusiasts!!!

I'm aware that NHL94' website is mainly for the NHL series, but with the recent news that Tecmobowl.org is no more (RIP). This is one of the last places people, gamers, modders, and anyone for a debate can go and tickle that itch.

This post / project is to get some help on some of the games that are long over do for a refresh/overhaul.

• Triple Play Baseball (I've managed to get it cleaned, and rosters updated, especially without the dreaded "Ghetto City" or Jim's, or Frank's TEAM.) 
  • World Series Baseball (I've updated all the rosters (attributes as well), found the logos. But needing help on main screen, and some other aspects)
  • NBA Live 98' (I've updated the rosters last year (all manually), but 96' has an editor which makes things a lot easier, I'm working with the guy who created it to see if we can get one for 98')  
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 3 (I've updated the rosters (attributes), speed up the game, able to find the logos. but need help on the screens.) I know this probably is a waste of time, since @Drunken_1, the master of SNES TSB3 is overhauling that game to be more of original game TSB4!!!
  • PrimeTime Football / NFL 98 (I've done some modding there, but need some help to get the rosters completed and an overhaul of the helmets)
  • Madden 98 (I've played with the rosters, but TSB is far better)
  • College Football (I've edited the schools, but that's about it)

PM or share as this is more to reach out to fellow enthusiasts and try bringing up closer with games we love....and updated features and rosters.:dal_skater_hand_grab:

Below are the games I've started and would love input or suggestions (I.e. NCAA alternatives). Also, at the very bottom, is the NCAA TSB that I found, can't remember where. But Ill give to @MT Remix and @JstoutLogic as they were the ones I found in the game.

The NCAA-TSB 2019 is one of our beta roms.  This was before some major hacks were discovered.  I found a code that lead me to more codes that lead me to knowing I could hack the game to 32 teams.  So our NCAA rom got abandoned for now.  I've attached the completed one that the rom you posted was based on.  This one has all the plays completed, (yours was in the process of being recoded for the Jstout logic coding he helped me with.  It has the Option Hack (from Jstout) and screens let you set up your blockers and control them and you as you run and and you control the lead blocker on runs.  This is based on the end of year rosters for 2010.  This is from Cam Newton's Auburn championship year.

NCAA 2K11.zip

Edited by Drunken_1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

This one plays fast, not a lot of time to throw it.  You may slow the defensive line down some.  We used a 5 level ratings system.  If you have trouble figuring out what we did I can explain it deeper, but I believe we took the 17 ratings slider and divided into 3 tiers.  Big guys, medium guys and small guys.  Speed and power are based on those.  Big guys 5 is fast for a big guy but slower than a 5 medium etc.  If you would rather just go back to the original sliders I can make the adjustments graphically and coding wise.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Progress on NBA Live 98'

Cracked Logos ...welcome the NBA Live 98'... The OKC Thunder

OKC team select.bmp 988.18 kB · 3 downloads

New Developments keep popping up. NBA Live 98 next up for complete game overhaul.

- Jerseys

- Logos

- Courts

- Players, etc.

image.pngimage.png

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Drunken_1 said:

On the NBA Live 98 is this going to have all the teams? 

Yes. Already has all the teams, but just need to setup the logos to show them.

If your meaning in the season. It would be no at the moment. Similar to NHL95. 

But the Pelicans will be available for exhibition games.

• Like 1

Here is a taste of the teams completed to date:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Teams Remaining to COMPLETE

Brooklyn, San Antonio, Detroit, New Orleans, Indiana, Sacramento, LA Clippers, Utah, Houston, Philadelphia, Denver, Portland, Miami, Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, LA Lakers, and Orlando.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Ive already started on the jersey changes and some of the logos. Trying to prep for the new season to come. Hard thing is the rosters. But that will come with time once free agency starts and the draft.

There is going to be alot of changes in the game graphically as well.

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

@UltraMagnusYour work is fantastic! Really enjoying your uploads. Thank you!

I noticed that you have cleaned and updated rosters for TRIPLE PLAY. 

I would also love to experiment and create an update of my own. What tool do you recommend for roster editing?

Edited by RatedRGuy
  • Thanks 1

My main and only tool for Triple Play is HxD. The thing is you can't change the team names (atleast Ive tried). This is the break down. Ive provided the address for the players and teams. The length of the names is limited to the length in the rom. Each player has 62 bytes after the name with the statistics from what I was able to find out that doesn't effect the game.

TRIPLE PLAY GOLD BASEBALL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      HEX Address
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Players        3DB70E-3DDB08    
Teams        3A9515; 3AA508
Player Stats                                    Each player is 62 bytes (see below)

x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    x    ab    AB    s    S    2b    2B    3b    3B    hits    HITS    x    bb    BB    x    x    x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
x    so    SO    runs    RUNS    rbi    RBI    sb    SB    cs    CS    po=256    PO    att    ATT    errors    ERRORS    x    x    x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wins    WINS    losses    LOSSES    k    K    x    x    x    x    x    x    

On 8/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, Drunken_1 said:

This one plays fast, not a lot of time to throw it.  You may slow the defensive line down some.  We used a 5 level ratings system.  If you have trouble figuring out what we did I can explain it deeper, but I believe we took the 17 ratings slider and divided into 3 tiers.  Big guys, medium guys and small guys.  Speed and power are based on those.  Big guys 5 is fast for a big guy but slower than a 5 medium etc.  If you would rather just go back to the original sliders I can make the adjustments graphically and coding wise.

Amazing job! Very well done! I do have to admit thought, the game is extremely fast. I don't think it's playable the way it is sadly. @UltraMagnusdo you think its too fast or is it just me? Other than having no time to throw and a little hard to run this game is awesome. @Drunken_1I'm blown away at what you have created! You and UltraMagnus truly are masters at what you do! 

Is Madden 64 easily editable? I believe Madden 64 would be much better than Madden 98. I have never taken a look at the hex code of Madden 64 to see if its extremely difficult to edit to find the relevant offsets. For the Genesis, I always believe that 92-93 are the best Maddens then 94. Madden 96-98 are ehhh.

On 12/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Madden 92/93 will be the ones I update for next season...or atheist before the end of the this season. 

Hear that. Madden 93 gets an update or he'll stop believing in God.

Actually, in all seriousness, I haven't had much time to figure out Madden myself. Tecmobowl/Super Bowl is alright, but what I really want is a '90s CFL version of Madden. Where might one start to find some resources to help in that?
Don't suppose anyone has built an EARE, NOSE and THROTE tool for Madden eh?

12 hours ago, von Ozbourme said:

Hear that. Madden 93 gets an update or he'll stop believing in God.

Actually, in all seriousness, I haven't had much time to figure out Madden myself. Tecmobowl/Super Bowl is alright, but what I really want is a '90s CFL version of Madden. Where might one start to find some resources to help in that?
Don't suppose anyone has built an EARE, NOSE and THROTE tool for Madden eh?

There is a Madden editor that you could edit the rosters, and HxD for the names. The logos and banners could be changed, but you would have to get creative to play seasons with only the CFL teams.

• 3 weeks later...

I created a Sega Genesis Madden Roster Editor a few years ago for anyone is interested.  I actually got to talk to some of the designers/developers of the Genesis Madden games from 91-98.  This helped me program the player attributes.

I do have an updated Madden rom from 2017 with Panthers and Jaguars, I spent a lot of time creating this roster editor, I'm hoping you guys enjoy....sped up the game a bit as well, I always thought the game played a bit slow.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1241/

Edited by Goldglv
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Thanks @Goldglvwould love to pick your brain if we can make something happen for a Triple Playb one or World Series. 

I'll definitely check out that editor. 

Thank you, appreciate it.  Which Triple Play were you thinking?  I can take a look, can't picture it much different from Madden....

12 minutes ago, Goldglv said:

Can you send me those?  I can see if I can just adjust the locations in my Madden editor....

Player Names - 003DB70E to 003DDB07

Player Stats - 003D0D87 to 003DB70D. Each player is numbered in the order they are in the Player Names, also it is AL Teams (Possibly East, Central, West) first than NL (Possibly East, Central, West).

Each player has the following (also each ## ## grouping of 2 bytes is the first ## = 256 values, and the second it the remaining. Example 400 at-bats would be 01 (more than 256) 90 (is the remaining 144). So, 01 90 = 400 at-bats. Another would be 534 = 02 (256*2)16

• 3D B7 29 22 94 FF D8 C7 6E 90 00 00 00 00 00 - Same for all players are bold + underline. Others are unknown.
  • 02 2A --- At Bats 
  • 00 6D --- singles
  • 00 25 --- doubles
  • 00 08 --- triples
  • 00 1C --- HR
  • 00 36 --- walks
  • 00 04 00 00 --- unknown
  • 00 4F --- strikeouts 
  • 00 60 --- runs
  • 00 63 --- RBIs
  • 00 00 --- Stolebases
  • 00 05 --- caught stealing
  • 00 F4 --- Pop Outs
  • 00 80 --- Attempts
  • 00 13 --- Errors
  • 00 00 --- unsure
  • 00 00 --- unsure (might be innings pitched)
  • 00 00 --- Wins (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- Losses (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- Strikeouts (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- 
  • 00 01 --- Player order in the game...this is to be left alone.
  • 00 --- end of Player's stats

Teams - 003A9515, 003AA508

4 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

Player Names - 003DB70E to 003DDB07

Player Stats - 003D0D87 to 003DB70D. Each player is numbered in the order they are in the Player Names, also it is AL Teams (Possibly East, Central, West) first than NL (Possibly East, Central, West).

Each player has the following (also each ## ## grouping of 2 bytes is the first ## = 256 values, and the second it the remaining. Example 400 at-bats would be 01 (more than 256) 90 (is the remaining 144). So, 01 90 = 400 at-bats. Another would be 534 = 02 (256*2)16

• 3D B7 29 22 94 FF D8 C7 6E 90 00 00 00 00 00 - Same for all players are bold + underline. Others are unknown.
  • 02 2A --- At Bats 
  • 00 6D --- singles
  • 00 25 --- doubles
  • 00 08 --- triples
  • 00 1C --- HR
  • 00 36 --- walks
  • 00 04 00 00 --- unknown
  • 00 4F --- strikeouts 
  • 00 60 --- runs
  • 00 63 --- RBIs
  • 00 00 --- Stolebases
  • 00 05 --- caught stealing
  • 00 F4 --- Pop Outs
  • 00 80 --- Attempts
  • 00 13 --- Errors
  • 00 00 --- unsure
  • 00 00 --- unsure (might be innings pitched)
  • 00 00 --- Wins (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- Losses (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- Strikeouts (for Pitchers)
  • 00 00 --- 
  • 00 01 --- Player order in the game...this is to be left alone.
  • 00 --- end of Player's stats

Teams - 003A9515, 003AA508

Thanks...this will take me some time but good work.....hopefully we can make something out of this....

• Love 1