NHL'94 Forums

Yeah for sure. Other than the rosters and stats there isn't much that can change right now. But I'm finding small pieces here and there especially thre stadiums.

World Series would be an awesome one to do as we can create and NCAA version. Since I have the logos, stats teams and names all found. 

1 minute ago, UltraMagnus said:

Yeah for sure. Other than the rosters and stats there isn't much that can change right now. But I'm finding small pieces here and there especially thre stadiums.

World Series would be an awesome one to do as we can create and NCAA version. Since I have the logos, stats teams and names all found. 

Very cool....it's been a while but I didn't realize Tecmobowl.org was shut down, do you know why?  I always looked fwd to the updated rosters....they had a lot of talented ppl on that forum

22 hours ago, Goldglv said:

I created a Sega Genesis Madden Roster Editor a few years ago for anyone is interested.  I actually got to talk to some of the designers/developers of the Genesis Madden games from 91-98.  This helped me program the player attributes.

I do have an updated Madden rom from 2017 with Panthers and Jaguars, I spent a lot of time creating this roster editor, I'm hoping you guys enjoy....sped up the game a bit as well, I always thought the game played a bit slow.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1241/

Hi! I been using your Madden editor, it's great! Especially the spreadsheet import feature. Is there any possibility of being able to edit/import player names on Madden 98 in the future? It's my favourite of the bunch.

Would also be possible to extend functionality to College Football 97?

3 minutes ago, Goldglv said:

Very cool....it's been a while but I didn't realize Tecmobowl.org was shut down, do you know why?  I always looked fwd to the updated rosters....they had a lot of talented ppl on that forum

The main guy who i knew said something or did something that forced him to shut the website down. But some of those guys are on here now. Drunken the guy doing TSB4 full redo is on here, I found my way here too. And some others. 

I have most of the games from there and have the links to find them too. 

1 minute ago, EmpireBowl said:

Hi! I been using your Madden editor, it's great! Especially the spreadsheet import feature. Is there any possibility of being able to edit/import player names on Madden 98 in the future? It's my favourite of the bunch.

I've been working on the college 97 for a few weeks. Also college football national championship as well. Madden 98 I've found how to update names as well, along side the editor. Its twice work but I've done 12 teams so for.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Just now, EmpireBowl said:

This is awesome to hear, thank you.  I really do appreciate your feedback!  I will be honest, I haven't looked at updating the editor in a while but I will look into this now that I know ppl are interested.  I too, loved Madden 98 on Genesis, as soon as the games went o PS1 I didn't think they played as well.  I remember a few years ago when I thought about playing Madden 91, 92, 93 with updated rosters, I was sure someone created an editor but was shocked to see no one had at the time.  So it was a lot of fun putting the editor together.

Will definitely keep you guys posted on when I can get this working for Madden 98 player names..... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

I've been working on the college 97 for a few weeks. Also college football national championship as well. Madden 98 I've found how to update names as well, along side the editor. Its twice work but I've done 12 teams so for.

If there's anything I can do to adjust the editor to incorporate the names in Madden 98, please let me know.  I got the editor working for 98 and didn't have much more time to finish it, a family member became very ill and I didn't have any time to finish it.

7 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Do you know the location of the names?  That's something I can easily add to the editor...

30 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Oh, that's amazing! Christmas never ends around here haha

27 minutes ago, Goldglv said:

This is awesome to hear, thank you.  I really do appreciate your feedback!  I will be honest, I haven't looked at updating the editor in a while but I will look into this now that I know ppl are interested.  I too, loved Madden 98 on Genesis, as soon as the games went o PS1 I didn't think they played as well.  I remember a few years ago when I thought about playing Madden 91, 92, 93 with updated rosters, I was sure someone created an editor but was shocked to see no one had at the time.  So it was a lot of fun putting the editor together.

Will definitely keep you guys posted on when I can get this working for Madden 98 player names..... 

Yeah, I'm with you on the PS1 titles, they got a lot clunkier for a while there. 

Your editor is very welcomed, especially with the little movement there is around the Genesis games compared with the PS2 ones (Which is understandable). There was a forum which name I don't remember, where people share updated Roms for 93 and other football games, but hasn't been active for years, so when I looked for tools, the only one I could find was yours, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who apreciates it.

And about Tecmobowl, some guys where speculating that it may make a comeback (?), because the URL now shows a different message that might be hinting at it, but who knows. Hope it does though.

EDIT: Yeah, that was the site!

Edited by EmpireBowl

3 minutes ago, EmpireBowl said:

Oh, that's amazing! Christmas never ends around here haha

Yeah, I'm with you on the PS1 titles, they got a lot clunkier for a while there. 

Your editor is very welcomed, especially with the little movement there is around the Genesis games compared with the PS2 ones (Which is understandable). There was a forum which name I don't remember, where people share updated Roms for 93 and other football games, but hasn't been active for years, so when I looked for tools, the only one I could find was yours, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who apreciates it.

And about Tecmobowl, some guys where speculating that it may make a comeback (?), because the URL now shows a different message that might be hinting at it, but who knows. Hope it does though.

EDIT: Yeah, that was the site!

LOL....yep, that was the site!  This is awesome.  I always hoped for one review on the romhacking site, was hoping what I put out there helped ppl, this is so good to hear!

• Love 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:39 PM, Goldglv said:

This site hasn't been active in years but I figured I'd post it if anyone was interested.  Not sure what happened but I think the guy running it ran into some health issues.

https://gensports.proboards.com/

I think the ROMs there can be accessed here: https://gensports.proboards.com/thread/1779/rom-download-links-2016-06 PS Its from Dropbox, are there more floating around that i didnt find?

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

I think the ROMs there can be accessed here: https://gensports.proboards.com/thread/1779/rom-download-links-2016-06 PS Its from Dropbox, are there more floating around that i didnt find?

Yes, that's the link, scroll down to the bottom and you will find this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Madden '17

On 1/26/2021 at 2:08 AM, Goldglv said:

I created a Sega Genesis Madden Roster Editor a few years ago for anyone is interested.  I actually got to talk to some of the designers/developers of the Genesis Madden games from 91-98.  This helped me program the player attributes.

I do have an updated Madden rom from 2017 with Panthers and Jaguars, I spent a lot of time creating this roster editor, I'm hoping you guys enjoy....sped up the game a bit as well, I always thought the game played a bit slow.

http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1241/

Long story short, I have always preferred sports games on genesis over snes overall, but some time ago I gave Madden 98 on SNES a go and I was surprised to see it felt like a "finished" version of the genesis game. The menu music is longer and has multiple instruments, the players have more frames of animation, a musical tune plays when scoring compared to the silence on GEN (plus players have celebration animations), the crowd noise can actually be heard during the game, end zones have team logos on them, and you can scroll through the teams by holding the d-pad instead of having to press constantly (this annoyed me so much).

So my question is, would creating a similar roster tool for Madden 98 SNES be out of the realm of possibility? I suppose it would require a whole different coding knowledge due to the different structure of the systems, but there's no harm in asking I guess.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shoeshine said:

Long story short, I have always preferred sports games on genesis over snes overall, but some time ago I gave Madden 98 on SNES a go and I was surprised to see it felt like a "finished" version of the genesis game. The menu music is longer and has multiple instruments, the players have more frames of animation, a musical tune plays when scoring compared to the silence on GEN (plus players have celebration animations), the crowd noise can actually be heard during the game, end zones have team logos on them, and you can scroll through the teams by holding the d-pad instead of having to press constantly (this annoyed me so much).

So my question is, would creating a similar roster tool for Madden 98 SNES be out of the realm of possibility? I suppose it would require a whole different coding knowledge due to the different structure of the systems, but there's no harm in asking I guess.

I agree with you, that's the main reason I developed the editor for Genesis.  I will look at the SNES version, I'm curious now.  But yes, definitely possible, I'm assuming the player attributes will be in different places which will take some figuring out.  One of the other members asked about updating the names in Genesis 98 so I'm currently working on that now.  But I will def look into the file structure of SNES Madden 98......

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:22 PM, Goldglv said:

I did enjoy that 2017 rom you put together using Madden 93...I have always loved the early madden's the most as well as the N64 version. Madden hasnt been the same since.

9 minutes ago, Darrin said:

I did enjoy that 2017 rom you put together using Madden 93...I have always loved the early madden's the most as well as the N64 version. Madden hasnt been the same since.

I have to tell you guys, seeing posts like this means a lot, thank you.  I'm glad I was able to help you guys with the editor.  I couldn't stand when Madden introduced the 'sticky blocks' in PS1.....always loved the originals

• Love 1