NHL'94 Forums

5 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Seriously @Sabre Dance

Love it too. 

Would you want to forward Primetime or NFL98?

If you want we can divide and conquer. I have the locations for all the stats. Do you have any ideas.

I like both equally. 98 is great because of the sliders but I like Primetime because it features the franchise pictures and the games always seem to finish close. I recently finished a season with the Bills and I ended up 13-3 and went to OT twice. Do you have a preference? By the way, I think it’s great to see some other people enjoy this game still.

• Love 1

I prefer Primetime. Since I've found the money players. And already have them done. Just needed to move make the players on the right teams. I completed 4 teams already. 

Plus I was thinking of taking the helmets out and replacing them just with the logos and I know how to change up the jerseys. 

@Sabre Dance here is my file as of now. I only did the 49ers logo in place of the helmet. The depth chart, stats and Money Players.

Ive completed all the money players names, but some of the photos still need to be done. 

If we have a plan of the following.

- We complete positions each (ie QBs are for me, and K/P are yours.) once the we complete that we update 1 file with .srm and send it back out to do the next position. 

We can do this for all the positions until their done. Or we can have one person do all the names, and one do the stats and colleges. Let me know. 

00-Dec12 00-Dec12.srm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

I prefer Primetime. Since I've found the money players. And already have them done. Just needed to move make the players on the right teams. I completed 4 teams already. 

Plus I was thinking of taking the helmets out and replacing them just with the logos and I know how to change up the jerseys. 

Are you doing all this manually through a hex editor?

4 hours ago, UltraMagnus said:

That will be game changing, since it will allow everyone to edit it fully in one place. Then, its down to editing the logos/helmets.

I mainly designed the editor off Madden 93, which obviously had no player names, just numbers.  Luckily all player attributes were literally in sequential order based on team name.  Madden 98 has the player names in a completely different position in the rom.  Realizing this is going to take a bit longer than I thought but I'm working on it....

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Exciting news all!! 90% of the logos completed and all the QBs, money players as well and stats from this season for the QBs.

Can't wait for this one ! Out of all your work for me this is most anticipated. , we've been talking about this for a couple years ! Great work and thank you !

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't get any of the games here post Montana '93, so I've only relatively recently been starting to discover the series after they changed the game engine. I keep hearing it has a cult following but there's so little out there about it (that's positive, anyway). So, it's great to see it get some love. Stoked for this.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, EagleXIII said:

We didn't get any of the games here post Montana '93, so I've only relatively recently been starting to discover the series after they changed the game engine. I keep hearing it has a cult following but there's so little out there about it (that's positive, anyway). So, it's great to see it get some love. Stoked for this.

Meeee 2

• 4 weeks later...

Progress report. Almost scrapped the whole project to love it to NFL 95. Since the main screen can be edited. But I'm on the fence about switching still since NFL95 has the main screen customizable, but no inseason trades and signings. Where Primetime has inseason moves but no customizable main screen. 

What do you guys think?

Also the Breakdown.

Logos - 100% completed, need to clean them up a little. 

Jerseys - 75% completed.

All Money players+their stats and image completed. 

50% of the rosters completed.

Some help on the rosters should be great. 

Another preview video. QBs completed...ratings need adjusting. Also, rookies in the game Zach Wilson to the Jets after the Sam Darnold trade yesterday and Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars.

These are the rosters as of this morning, with some teams needing an extra few players (ie TampaBay) since Ourlads.com only has Brady as their QB.

• Love 3

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/3/2020 at 4:27 PM, UltraMagnus said:

To Genesis Sports Enthusiasts!!!

I'm aware that NHL94' website is mainly for the NHL series, but with the recent news that Tecmobowl.org is no more (RIP). This is one of the last places people, gamers, modders, and anyone for a debate can go and tickle that itch.

This post / project is to get some help on some of the games that are long over do for a refresh/overhaul.

• Triple Play Baseball (I've managed to get it cleaned, and rosters updated, especially without the dreaded "Ghetto City" or Jim's, or Frank's TEAM.) 
  • World Series Baseball (I've updated all the rosters (attributes as well), found the logos. But needing help on main screen, and some other aspects)
  • NBA Live 98' (I've updated the rosters last year (all manually), but 96' has an editor which makes things a lot easier, I'm working with the guy who created it to see if we can get one for 98')  
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 3 (I've updated the rosters (attributes), speed up the game, able to find the logos. but need help on the screens.) I know this probably is a waste of time, since @Drunken_1, the master of SNES TSB3 is overhauling that game to be more of original game TSB4!!!
  • PrimeTime Football / NFL 98 (I've done some modding there, but need some help to get the rosters completed and an overhaul of the helmets)
  • Madden 98 (I've played with the rosters, but TSB is far better)

PM or share as this is more to reach out to fellow enthusiasts and try bringing up closer with games we love....and updated features and rosters.:dal_skater_hand_grab:

Below are the games I've started and would love input or suggestions (I.e. NCAA alternatives). Also, at the very bottom, is the NCAA TSB that I found, can't remember where. But Ill give to @MT Remix and @JstoutLogic as they were the ones I found in the game.

Bill Walsh College Football '95.bin 2 MB · 28 downloads Madden NFL 98.bin 2 MB · 24 downloads NFL 2020.gen 2 MB · 36 downloads Triple Play Gold 2020.bin 4 MB · 27 downloads Tecmo Super Bowl 3 '20.bin 2 MB · 19 downloads World Series Baseball '20 (98).smd 3 MB · 20 downloads NCAA-TSB 2019.zip 861.91 kB · 31 downloads

Oh wow bill Walsh, sweet