NHL'94 Forums

TheRealNHL94 League

Triple A

Looking for 26 snes players for a league on the nhl94 website that chaos will put up using therealnhl94 ROM created by xstioph. The ROM and player ratings are slightly different from the usually one adding a little wrinkle. The teams are updated with trades made at the deadline in 94 and the ratings are updated based on the actual 94 season stats with accurate rosters, as the original game was made after the 93 season. There is only a 19 point overall rating swing between the best and worst team for the most part, so the teams are more even than the original version. We will have a 26 team draft with the lower rated guys getting the top picks. We will have 2 divisions of 13 teams with (East and West) for 74 game reg. season (4 games in division and 2 outside). This will be penalties, no offsides, and line changes. Top 16 (8 in each conference) will make the playoffs. This will most likely be put on the site after classic ends soon. Let me know who is interested as spots are limited.  Can create a second league if there is a lot of interest.

Teams interested:

1.Triple A

2. Blacktop Kid

3. Big_Valboski

4. TheProfessor

5. Tickenest

6. Dangler

7. DanK

8.Lego

9. TecmoJon

10. Badass94

11. Dethrox

12. MightyEskimo

13. JCariello

14. Dcicon5148

15. BobKudelski26

16. Annatar

17. Millertime_Van

18. skills324

19. Ellis_10

20. Kidswasted

21. PistolPete42

22. BlackDevil19

23. JotaC007

24. Stantonator

standby if needed angryjay93

Edited by Triple A

21 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Looking for 26 snes players for a league on the nhl94 website that chaos will put up using therealnhl94 ROM created by xstioph. The ROM and player ratings are slightly different from the usually one adding a little wrinkle. The teams are updated with trades made at the deadline in 94 and the ratings are updated based on the actual 94 season stats with accurate rosters, as the original game was made after the 93 season. There is only a 20 point overall rating swing between the best and worst team, so the teams are more even than the original version. We will have a 26 team draft with the lower rated guys getting the top picks. We will have 2 divisions of 13 teams with (East and West) for 74 game reg. season (4 games in division and 2 outside). This will be penalties, no offsides, and line changes. Top 16 (8 in each conference) will make the playoffs. This will most likely be put on the site after classic ends soon. Let me know who is interested as spots are limited.  Can create a second league if there is a lot of interest.

Teams interested:

1.Triple A

2. Blacktop Kid

3. Big_Valboski

4. TheProfessor

5. Tickenest

6. Dangler

7. DanK

8.Lego

9. TecmoJon

10. Badass94

11. Dethrox

12. MightyEskimo

13. JCariello

14. Dcicon5148

15. BobKudelski26

16. Annatar

17. Millertime_Van

18. AngryJay93

19. Ellis

I’m in. I thought I marked it on discord. Are there multiple instances of the same team?

Off topic: Just dropping by to say how cool I think this is. I'm realizing the naming could be better and not entirely satisfied with how it plays against ai so I'm very curious to know how it plays player VS player. I might have set the stick handling a bit too high overall. Please pm if you have any concrete suggestions. 

Make sure you grab the latest version I posted last year. It has "Def controls ON" by default.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/4213-xstiophs-corner/&do=findComment&comment=178316

• Thanks 1

chi 88-x
buf 84-x
det 84-x
nyr 84-x
pit 83-x
stl 83-x
bos 81-x
mon 81-x
tor 81-x
cal 80-x
la 79-x
njd 78-x
van 78-x
dal 76-x
win 76-x
phi 75-x
edm 74-x
sj 74-x
wsh 74-x
que 73-x
nyi 71-x
fla 70
hart 69-x
tb 69-x
ana 65
ott 65-x

Rankings for The REALNHL94ROM

Edited by Triple A

Looks like 24 Teams, 60 Game Season

Draft Order

1. JCariello - Det

2. Badass94-Mon

3. DanK-Chi

4. Lego-NJ

5.MightyEskimo- Pit

6. BlacktopKid-Nyr

7. Triple A -Buf

8.Skills324-Bos

9. KidsWasted-Stl

10. Big_Valboski-Cal

11. TecmoJon-LA

12.Dcicon5148-Tor

13. Ellis_10-Van

14. Millertime_Van-Phi

15. BlackDevil19-Dal

16. PistolPete42-Win

17. Tickenest-Que

18. BobKudelski26-Ott

19.Dangler-Wsh

20. JotaC007-edm

21. Stantonator-nyi

22. Dethrox-SJ

23. Annatar-TB

24. TheProfessor-HFD

25. Gambi-Fla

26. Hasek39-Ana

Edited by Triple A
  • Thanks 1

This is f**king dynamite! A big "Thank You" to @Triple A and @Xstioph for the doing the dirty work on the ROM and setting the league stuff up. Also i swear i didn't look at the updated team rankings when i picked, but I took Chicago bc i figured they'd at least be "better than good" since it's still '94 and b/c i'm a total Blackhawks homer who may have a had few soda-pops while watching the CHI-EDM series wrap-up from the cu playoffs this year. And it looks like i got pretty lucky in terms of my pick (counterpoint: if i can't pick well at #3 then i deserve my lot in life).

Regardless, I'm really looking forward to this league and, as they say in Canada, "f**kin' Eh!"

(At least that's what I've heard. I'm American, so i don't really know what they say in Canada b/c i'm not f**king allowed to travel up there at the moment haha)

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 4:35 AM, Xstioph said:

Off topic: Just dropping by to say how cool I think this is. I'm realizing the naming could be better and not entirely satisfied with how it plays against ai so I'm very curious to know how it plays player VS player. I might have set the stick handling a bit too high overall. Please pm if you have any concrete suggestions. 

Make sure you grab the latest version I posted last year. It has "Def controls ON" by default.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/4213-xstiophs-corner/&do=findComment&comment=178316

Thanks @Xstioph for putting this together. It's really cool. I am wondering though, is there any potential for updates/corrections before league play starts? For example, Yashin and Daigle are both the wrong handedness. I also noticed Jason Arnott was wrong. 

If not, no worries of course.

Edited by Bob Kudelski
  • Thanks 1

I think I have some wrong too. Joe Juneau is left shot on the Bruins but right shot on this WSH team. Not that big a deal tho. Would probably take a while to check every player. Also, did anyone notice their line fatigue goes wonky when they edit lines? I was just playing a practice game vs the computer and switched up my lines and for some reason my 2nd line and 1st line would fatigue at the exact same rate. My 2nd line wouldn’t even have a shift yet in the period and after the 1st lines first shift the bar would be fatigued to the same level as line 1. So weird. This only happened when I messed with the lines, when I left them as default I didn’t notice it happening.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...