NHL'94 Forums

NHL '95- '94-'95 Replay

Asher413

These are two beta versions of NHL '95 roms for the '94-'95 season.  These roms are 'ports' if you will from my NHLPA '93 rom for the same season. Since '94-'95 was much lower in scoring (thanks New Jersey) compared to the early '90s, it does show in the player ratings being lower.

I built the roms in the style of season replays from Strat o Matic- meaning end of season injured players are in the lineup, players who missed most of the season on the bench (ala Lemieux in '93-'94 is not in the three lines).  This does mean that players are based off how their stats that one season, not how good they really are.  I also built it with line changes in mind, using the top three lines according to Strat-o-matic (SOM Lines/Rosters), and the NLC lines were based on Point Shares on hockey reference. I also edited some colors of jerseys to my preferences.

Ratings were based on the original formulas for NHL '93, and physical stats from NHL '96 (which means Thibault gets crazy ratings...).  Fighting ratings for the first couple of Roms came as much from dropyourgloves.com as the wayback machine allowed.

There are two versions here: The "A" version is includes the actual lockout schedule of 48 games, and the "B" version has the 'planned' '94-'95 schedule (copied from NHL '96).  Yes, the dates are off, but the schedule is otherwise accurate as far as I can tell.  Outside of schedules, the two versions are identical.

Why "beta"?  I want to do more work on season simulation, as the team and player stats do not seem accurate with the new ratings.  However, I am a teacher, and with one more day before in-services, I don't foresee solving that problem in a timely fashion, so I wanted to get the work out now.

Enjoy, and stay safe in this wonderful 2020!

Asher413 94-95 Replay Version 0.9B.bin Asher413 94-95 Replay Version 0.9A.bin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Played this last night, thank for making it.  My brain had a hard time seeing players on different teams with different ratings as I have played probably the most games of NHL 95 than anybody in the world.  Watching you and @UltraMagnus hack 95 makes me want to dip my toes in the hacking water.