NHL'94 Forums

Sabres experiment with blue ice surface

swos

"The NHL is hoping colored ice and new rules to speed up the action will woo fans lost during this season's lockout"

What do you got to say to that white ice freaks? :P

Apparently blue ice makes the game easier for eyes to watch for fans and especially for players. You can see the puck better when there's less contrast on the ice. I hope NHL would implement blue ice for next season.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1040241.asp

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3466638

"The NHL is hoping colored ice and new rules to speed up the action will woo fans lost during this season's lockout"

What do you got to say to  that white ice freaks?  :P

Apparently blue ice makes the game easier for eyes to watch for fans and especially for players. You can see the puck better when there's less contrast on the ice. I hope NHL would implement blue ice for next season.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1040241.asp

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3466638

yeah I just heard about it... seem interesting...

has anyone heard about the WHA thing.... apparently there will be eight teams and it will redefine hockey...

yea its funny.. I just read about it before coming here to see Swos posted about it... here's the picture if you haven't seen it...

nhl_blueice.jpg

yeah I just heard about it... seem interesting...

has anyone heard about the WHA thing.... apparently there will be eight teams and it will redefine hockey...

Oh s**t! NHL 94 on the Genesis predicted this Blue ICE!!!!!!! Truely a Game Before it's time.....

Oh s**t! NHL 94 on the Genesis predicted this Blue ICE!!!!!!!  Truely a Game Before it's time.....

It's not only the blue ice that's there in NHL94 already

"Among the many rule changes that have been floated in brainstorming sessions are enlarging the nets, reducing the size of goalie equipment, allowing two-line passes, restricting the area where the goalie can play the puck," (to an area you can move your goalie in NHL94)

Surely a game before its time indeed :P

Hey you guys blue ice might help the "replacement players" to appear as good as the nhlpa players.... it just goes to prove the nhl94 is THE GAME of the millenium. Anyway lately, I'll stay here in fantasy hockey land... as the real world is getting too annoying! Thank God for games like this to escape to. Play hard and check tight.

A good point many people are bringing up is... why do the blue lines have to be orange? Why can't they stay dark blue and the middle line stay red?

I'm not calling defensemen "Orangeliners".

Hey you guys-WAIT- There's more today April Fools' Day, the Sabres made another suggestion to increase scoring.... Check it out a new rounded net-the posts and the crossbar curve out for 13% more area and therefore it will be harder for goalies to hug the post and stop a topshelf shot.. I'm sorry but I like its look, and i'm for it. And I'm usually a purist who hates these changes! "KICK SAVE AND A BEAUTY!" :)

• 2 months later...
What do you got to say to  that white ice freaks?  :)

haha that reminds me of the time you complained about the white ice in my version so I "fixed" the problem by making the ice a hideous shade of pink, then in retaliation, you made a version with a HUGE puck...that was some funny stuff