NHL'94 Forums

OHL 2020

Jkline3

Nice job buddy!  I like your art work with Lafreniere and now Byfield.  Is Adam Beckman next or are you thinking of sticking with the theme of undrafted players?  If the latter, I recommend Seth Jarvis or Kaiden Guhle.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Sauce

11 hours ago, Jkline3 said:

I was leaning towards Jarvis but a lot depends on finding the right picture. Been buried in scouting reports lately so the draft eligibles kind of have my attention right now.

Seems like a deep draft this year with a lot of (potential) future star players.  So, there’s definitely a handful of prospects to choose from...

Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, what software did you use to generate your splash screen image? The result is pretty good.

(if the answer is that you used my Ditherer program, sorry for tooting my own horn! Something about the colour mixing doesn't look like my software's algorithms though)

OHL2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jkline3 said:

Of course it is Ditherer!

One thing that I had been doing was reducing the number of colors in the photo prior to using Ditherer. I can't explain the science behind it but I seemed to be happier with the output. 

Interesting! How many colours do you bring the image down to before using Ditherer? That would explain why the colours didn't look quite as I expected from Ditherer - when you reduce the colours ahead of time, Ditherer will create more regular patterns. I'm working on updating Ditherer, and maybe I'll add your technique to it!

Unfortunately this project was on a previous laptop so I'm piecing together pieces to try and recreate what I did.

I misspoke, for this particular one I can see that I used Ditherer to get it down to 16 from the original image (attached). However for the life of me I can't seem to recreate the image exactly, although it is awfully close. ATK cubed does get me the closest match.

I know that I've converted images to only use colors that are available in TM before taking the dithering step and have also reduced the number of colors to 64/48/32 if I don't like the result that I'm getting.

Byfield.bmp

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jkline3 said:

Unfortunately this project was on a previous laptop so I'm piecing together pieces to try and recreate what I did.

I misspoke, for this particular one I can see that I used Ditherer to get it down to 16 from the original image (attached). However for the life of me I can't seem to recreate the image exactly, although it is awfully close. ATK cubed does get me the closest match.

I know that I've converted images to only use colors that are available in TM before taking the dithering step and have also reduced the number of colors to 64/48/32 if I don't like the result that I'm getting.

Byfield.bmp 168.05 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks! Yeah you're unlikely to recreate the exact same image because there's a random aspect to what it's doing (that's why it takes so long, it's trying thousands of random things and selecting & evolving the best random results)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...