NHL'94 Forums

NHL95 - New Leagues

UltraMagnus

To Fellow NHL95ers,

Im writing this to gauge the interest of expanding the reach of the NHL95 impact in the community. Ive completed the follow ROMS, and would like to know if there are other leagues we can make. Since some of the leagues below have small amount of teams it would be interesting to merge them into 1 or 2 roms (SHL vs.Liiga, or EIHL vs.DEL).

Ive also thought that a great concept would be take the top 6 teams from all the leagues and merge into 1. Just snowballing ideas. Let me know what you think.

COMPLETED

• NHL2
  • NCAA21
  • KHL21 (In progress)
  • AHL21 (in progress)

Potential Leagues

• SHL
  • EIHL
  • Liiga
  • DEL
  • Extraliga - Czech
  • Extraliga - Slovakia
  • Like 1

Ultramagnus...if you want to do the ECHL, maybe I could do the rosters but I don't understand what you mean by that.  If it meant scouting the internet for the echl rosters and put it in one big Word file, then I would have no problem to do that at all if it can help you.  If it is using a software for nhl 95 modding for the rosters, I have zero knowledge in that although I manage to mod nhl 02 and 04...I checked how to mod 94 and it was too complex for me.  However, please clarify what you want for roster work as I am willing to walk many miles to get a echl mod.  Also, the ECHL mod has never been done before, if done very barely.  It would be very original thus quite interesting to see.  Think about it and pm me if you want.

After multiple inquires and requests, I've decided on the following leagues to be completed. There will be 3 new roms and are as follows:

• SuperLeague (its a new name) - Will be the top 5 teams from each league (DEL, EIHL, Extraliga - Czech and Extraliga - Slovakia and the remaining teams will be a dash from across Europe)

• Scandanavian League - SHL and Liiga merged (One will be EASTERN conference and the Other will be WESTERN Conference)

• Thanks 1

You might consider a Champions Hockey League ROM if you are merging European teams into one ROM - 32 teams, from pretty much every decent league, with the best teams from each qualifying... Its basically the real world equivalent of the UEFA cup for hockey mentioned above.

Add in the right EIHL teams and you might tempt me to give 95 a whirl after years of neglect!

Edited by MonkeyHead
Adding details

Here is the final Rom breakdown before I dive in. The rom name will be Europa 21. Consisting of the following teams and divisions

• DEL - Central Division (Top 6 teams based on points last season)
  • Liiga/SHL - Northeast Divison (Top 7 teams from both leagues combined based on points last season)
  • EIHL - Pacific Division (Top 6 teams from league based on points last season)
  • Extraliga - Atlantic Division (Top 7 teams from both Slovakia/Czech combined based on points last season)

Remaining Teams 27-34 will be a combination of the remaining leagues likely 2 from each division above.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MonkeyHead said:

You might consider a Champions Hockey League ROM if you are merging European teams into one ROM - 32 teams, from pretty much every decent league, with the best teams from each qualifying... Its basically the real world equivalent of the UEFA cup for hockey mentioned above.

Add in the right EIHL teams and you might tempt me to give 95 a whirl after years of neglect!

Well your getting 8 of 10 teams....and from your profile pic I'm guessing the Cardiff Devils. LOL. 

• Haha 1