NHL'94 Forums

NHL '21 (95) - RELOADED

UltraMagnus

Hello NHL95 Enthusiasts!!!

I'm delighted to announce NHL21 (95) Reloaded has arrived.

• All new Divisions and 56 game season!!! (MASSIVE shoutout to @Asher413 for doing the leg work on getting the season and schedule to work on the length.)
  • When playing SEASON MODE, allow 10 seconds of black screen to allow season to skip October/November.
  • Update image of the announcer
  • Updated rosters as of January 24th (PLD to WPG and Laine, Roslovic to CLB)
  • New Intros splashes.
  • Updated Ice
  • Updated Banners
  • Some Easter Eggs (Can you find the some of these)
  • Updated Player Cards.
  • Some top prospects with their new teams (Lafrienere, Byfield, etc.)
  • Seattle Kraken consist of the top remaining Free Agents and some of the TAXI players .
  • Futures are the top prospects for the 2021 Draft and the Legends return as the Hall of Famers.

Rosters as of January 24th via Capfriendly.com and puckpedia.com
Line Combos as of January 24th via Dailyfaceoff.com and puckpedia.com

Hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback.

A zip file is included below for anyone wanting the box art and file together for RetroArch or alternative front end emulators.

UltraMagnus

88401-nhl-95-genesis-front-cover.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

NHL '21 (95) Reloaded.bin

NHL '21(95) Reloaded.zip

v2 - April 14, 2021 (Post Trade-Deadline)

NHL '21 (95) Reloaded v2.bin

v2 - April 22, 2021 (Florida - team name update - error caught by @DeterminedApathy)

NHL '21 (95) Reloaded v2.bin

v3 - New Jersey with proper players and Winnipeg Jets jersey's flipped (Home & Away) Caught by @maddog015 and @DSgamby

NHL '21 (95) Reloaded v3.bin

Edited by UltraMagnus
Revised file - Invalid Players for NJ and Jerseys for WPG
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

• 1 month later...

Nice! Like the new art direction. Curious though. I was actually toying around with your old NHL95 v5 beta pviously. Is this version fundamentally different from that one aside from the obvious rosters and art?

Also, if I may note, I encountered new host Kelly Hrudey stating that he was John Shrader. I know I encountered that before and realized that the game had two intros, and I thought one was for regular game and the other for season or playoffs, but now the weird thing is, that I can't replicate it to say what game mode it was in. I checked the hex, so I know I wasn't imagining it, but it's not coming up anymore. so.... never mind?
image.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, von Ozbourme said:

Nice! Like the new art direction. Curious though. I was actually toying around with your old NHL95 v5 beta pviously. Is this version fundamentally different from that one aside from the obvious rosters and art?

Also, if I may note, I encountered new host Kelly Hrudey stating that he was John Shrader. I know I encountered that before and realized that the game had two intros, and I thought one was for regular game and the other for season or playoffs, but now the weird thing is, that I can't replicate it to say what game mode it was in. I checked the hex, so I know I wasn't imagining it, but it's not coming up anymore. so.... never mind?
image.png

Thanks to @von Ozbourme to bringing this up. I've updated it and now reflects Kelly Hrudey in both locations.

NHL 21(95) 2.0.bin

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Odourus1974 said:

I just downloaded this , thank u so so so much !! It’s the best version of the  best nhl game ever made . Nice touch with the flaming horse head at centre ice for Calgary btw . 

Great to hear. I'm in the process of creating all the divisions and schedule to reflect this season as close as possible. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:16 AM, UltraMagnus said:

New Divisions

Updated Schedule

Teams only play each other within division

56 game season mode

Okay, this intrigues me.

Admittedly mostly just to see how you did it. And if I may possibly learn your secrets for purposes of some round robin formats [big surprise] and/or emulating some historic seasons [also assuming there is some way to limit teams to anywhere from 4 to 21].

Exciting news!!! NHL '21 reloaded is going to be an exact copy of the current season. Completed all new divisions, updated rosters, logos, ice, announcer, main screen and most importantly, the 56 games season division only games.

Will be released this weekend. As I only have half the schedule to finish. 

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

On 1/21/2021 at 10:16 PM, UltraMagnus said:

Exciting news!!! NHL '21 reloaded is going to be an exact copy of the current season. Completed all new divisions, updated rosters, logos, ice, announcer, main screen and most importantly, the 56 games season division only games.

Will be released this weekend. As I only have half the schedule to finish. 

Excited.

• UltraMagnus changed the title to NHL '21 (95) - RELOADED