NHL'94 Forums

Buds to thank in 2020

I know this is a bit early and will rehash some thanks from this year's tournament, but I thought it would be a good time to put some thanks out there to buds who really deserve it.  I highly encourage folks to continue in this thread by thanking people that deserve recognition.  Believe me it's a good break from all this political nonsense in the world these days.  Good vibes buds!

This is in no particular order, and if I missed you, just know that you are no longer very important to me.  :D  J/K  Love ya buds!

@angryjay93 joined us for the 5th consecutive NHL94 tournament run by this group.  He now stands as the only player besides my son to do so.  He almost didn't make it to Barry Melrose Place in 2019, so the streak was in danger of being broken.   I've said it before, but without him taking a chance on making the journey, I don't think we would have seen the other traveling players we're accustomed to seeing.  You're great on the mic, and your online league participation helps feed online relevance all year long.

@IAmFleury'sHipCheck aka EA for making his 3rd tournament in a row, and for always being a great friend.  I'm touched each and every time I get a signed cartridge from everyone at our tournaments.  Normally, I would run into EA at least one or two other times a year during Chicago trips, but with the Pandemic that just hasn't happened this year.  I miss ya bud.

Nelson79, who has designed posters for several events, and continues to be a great friend.  While he couldn't make the trip to Minnesota, he continues to support the tournaments I run.

@hankthetank for making the trip with me to MN, and helping out so much with setup and teardown.

@kingraph for returning for the 3rd year in a row, again strengthening our reputation through positive association.  I believe you're the only player who has taken home hardware at every one of our tournaments!  Your skills on the mic are also tremendous, and it's always a pleasure calling games with you.  Your continued online presence keeps this community relevant.

@danTML7 and @seventieslord made a very long journey to Minneapolis from Regina, SK, and it was great having you.  Both contributed on the mic at the tournament.  While @seventieslord was a bit more lucid on the mics, it's @danTML7 who has stepped up in a major way with his frequent streams and exis, and overall NHL94 evangelism.  Despite the fun political banter Dan and I have on social media, he's tremendous for this community, and I truly enjoy interactions with him.

I'd like to thank @chaos for all he does with trying to get online working.  I unfortunately have had a really difficult time having quality games due to connection and lag skipping.  I am hoping to build a new PC sooner than later, and perhaps I'll be able to get back for at least some exis now and then.

@halifax for getting NHL94 recognized on a national scale through the TSN special, and for the work you did with @smozoma for the Sochel tournament.  I don't think I've seen the community grow as much since I've been here, in such a short amount of time.

I'd like to thank all of the first time players who made it out to Minnesota for the Edge tournament this year.  I can't thank you enough.  If you helped carry a box, tv, plug/unplug cables, during the event, I also thank you.  

@mort1237 was a tremendous helper during the NHL94 tournament in Minneapolis this year.  He also played very well.  I know he's been through a lot this year, and I haven't seen him since the tournament.  I can't wait till I can hang out with him again.

@DPS has continued to support events I run, and he's just an awesome guy to be around.  He attended multiple Tecmo gatherings I put on this year in Green Bay, as well as the MN tournament.  He's pretty funny on the mic as well.

@jer_33 for returning from Thunder Bay, and just being a pleasure to be around.  He also took some time to grab photos of note.  

@Scribe99 for making the event.  Hopefully next time you can do things on Friday night too.  

Chris O(sorry can't remember handle) for flying in, and handling me in Genesis exis.  Next time we gotta get your bud from LA to push buttons with us.

@Votaw quietly made his 3rd straight appearance.  He's such a good dude, and I'm always glad to see him at these events.

Kevin Cabarello flying in from Columbus, instead of driving was really nice.  Green Bay was a long enough haul.  Dude is good people.

The Retro Sports Gamer has continued providing a platform for us that is suited to our audience.  His channel is widely recognized within the competitive retro sports gaming communities of Tecmo Super Bowl and NHL94.  

@LeifErikson for the friendship, and overwhelming support this and last year.  For those of you who don't know, @LeifErikson was my #1 resource for making the Minnesota tournament happen this year.  His contributions are priceless.  I can't thank him enough for everything he did, leading up to, and during the tournament.  As many of you know, the lockdowns and Covid responses have been devastating to live events, and thus the industry in which he operates.  He's a remarkably adaptable and driven individual, that I believe would be successful no matter what he chose to do in life, or what life throws at him.

I'd like to thank the modders who take the time to create new roms.  I know NHL Rewind is going to be a thing, but I'll take my chances with what this community produces year in and year out.

Speaking of thanks, the 2v2 rom by @clockwise for our Edge tournament was a nice touch, putting many players names in the game.

@TecmoJon was nice to interact with during the Sochel tournament season.  I could see the many hours of support he put in helping people, and he was willing to get in some pickup games.  Despite the lag, he was one of the fewer players I could connect with and have a reasonably playable experience.

Thanks again to all, and I'm sorry if I missed someone worthy of recognition.  I long for us getting all getting together again when it's safe to do so.

Thank you,

-Trojan

IMG_20200229_135130_resize.jpg

• Like 1