NHL'94 Forums

NHL 21 Rewind (GENS ROM Hack)

Sean

banner.jpg

Hi all,

I wasn't really satisfied with the news so far on NHL 94 Rewind, and while I was complaining to a friend, he said "you couldn't do any better".

I took it as a challenge, and spent the better part of a week, and anytime I could turn my camera off during Zoom classes on this baby right here.

1.0 Notes

• 31 NHL teams, all in the style they were in 1993-94, or at the very least, with a bit of retro flair.
  • 1 team of all-stars from NHL 94, with 20 players all representing a different team. Not always the highest overall player, but just someone I thought would be fun.
  • 5 Easter Egg players.

To Do:

• Smozoma gave me some tips a few days to potentially conquer the mighty Winnipeg Freeze Bug...... I'll try my hand at it this week.
  • Update rosters, lines, and player cards once the season begins.
  • Add more challenging content over time, potentially over the All-Star team.
  • Try my best to rip the actual NHL 94 Rewind ROM from the game.

End Credits

• I used @Sauce's playoff ROM as a base, so some ratings overlap since I really like the way he structures things, and it uses @clockwise's sprite patch.
  • @slapshot67 gave us the 32-team ROM, so always need to thank him when the opportunity arises.
  • SportsLogos.net and NHLUniforms.com were very helpful for this project.

I hope you enjoy, and have a little bit of 90s themed fun. Any and all feedback is welcome.

title.JPG

NHL21Rewind1.0.zip

Edited by seamor
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

• Sean changed the title to NHL 21 Rewind (GENS ROM Hack)

As soon as I uploaded it, I didn't like it. I'm going to leave it up, by I'm likely going to put out a 1.1 within the next few days with some minor ratings and sound adjustments (my stupid ass tested with sound off, and didn't realize the organ songs were off!)

superb Rom seamor - just some feedback - one bug happened twice playing the CPU (as All Stars 94)  (me Tampa)  in the "Challenge" Final - an Allstar 94 player sent to the bench for a foul - as he took his place on the bench this happened - but the rom is good and i feel somehow the CPU plays tougher than traditional 94'  

NHL 21 Rewind 1.0 -201028-170526.png

5 hours ago, dmm1000 said:

superb Rom seamor - just some feedback - one bug happened twice playing the CPU (as All Stars 94)  (me Tampa)  in the "Challenge" Final - an Allstar 94 player sent to the bench for a foul - as he took his place on the bench this happened - but the rom is good and i feel somehow the CPU plays tougher than traditional 94'  

NHL 21 Rewind 1.0 -201028-170526.png

Should I pull an EA and market a bug as a feature?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1