Jump to content
NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 2021 ROM by The Sauce


Sauce
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All!

I just posted V4 of this rom (in the OP).  I updated the ratings for a good chunk of players and added a few new ones here and there.  I also updated the team ratings to reflect how the season is going so far. 

Like before, injured players rumored or expected to return are in the active lineups (for line changes) with the exception of Jonathan Toews.  I had him in the active lineups and NLC lineup, in previous versions.  However, in the latest version, he's just in the latter.  His mysterious ailment and lack of skating/working out has many guessing if he will actually return this season.  As the team is being mum about it, we'll al have to keep guessing.  If he does, I'll update the rom accordingly.  In the meantime, feel free to include him or exclude him if and when you play the latest version.

My next rom post will be a trade deadline edition.

If anyone catching as mistakes, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sauce - You are a beautiful, beautiful man.  And no doubt, a warm and considerate lover.

I have been really enjoying the versions of this ROM up to now and find it a damn sight more balanced than NHL Rewind (which, in fairness, is a blast in its own right).  That said, if I find that you have reduced A. Mattthews' shooting rating because he's had a dry spell of late (save for the fluke on Saturday night), so help me God...!

Edited by LaTormenta
Typo
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LaTormenta said:

@Sauce - You are a beautiful, beautiful man.  And no doubt, a warm and considerate lover.

I have been really enjoying the versions of this ROM up to now and find it a damn sight more balanced than NHL Rewind (which, in fairness, is a blast in its own right).  That said, if I find that you have reduced A. Mattthews' shooting rating because he's had a dry spell of late (save the fluke on Saturday night), so help me God...!

LOL!  Thanks!

Unless his dry spell goes another month or so, his shooting rating should stay in tact for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2021 at 4:20 AM, LaTormenta said:

@Sauce - You are a beautiful, beautiful man.  And no doubt, a warm and considerate lover.

I have been really enjoying the versions of this ROM up to now and find it a damn sight more balanced than NHL Rewind (which, in fairness, is a blast in its own right).  That said, if I find that you have reduced A. Mattthews' shooting rating because he's had a dry spell of late (save for the fluke on Saturday night), so help me God...!

@LaTormenta So you bring up Matthew's slump, after I post this updated version, and he scores a goal.  If he scores another tomorrow night... bow down to the power of the ROM.  LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sauce said:

@LaTormenta So you bring up Matthew's slump, after I post this updated version, and he scores a goal.  If he scores another tomorrow night... bow down to the power of the ROM.  LOL

If you could sort out our GODDAMN POWERPLAY while you're at it, it'd be appreciated!

AM.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

My trade deadline rom has been updated, since yesterday, but I am holding off posting it until all new jersey numbers have been confirmed.  Approximately half have been, so far, as I write this post.  My hope is to have this updated version posted by tonight/tomorrow.  Thank you for your patience and for all of your (previous) downloads/kind words.

Cheers!

-Sauce

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi!  v5 (the Trade Deadline Edition) of this ROM has now been posted in the OP.

Only 2 or 3 players didn't, officially, have their new numbers announced post-trade.  So, to not hold this up, I went with numbers they have worn, at some point (Pros, Juniors, AHL, College, etc.), that are not in current use or retired.  If they end up being incorrect, I will update them when I do the final post of the ROM ("Playoffs Edition").

So, what's new with this version?

*Trades as of 4/12/21
*Added some rookies
*Updated player and team ratings
*Changed a couple of NLC players/headshots

NOTE: Injured players, not officially ruled out for the season or returning, are still in the active lines.  Those ruled out could be in the NLC scenario.

If anyone notices any mistakes, please let me know.

Cheers!

Edited by Sauce
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi!  Just posted the Playoff Edition of this ROM (in the OP).  It will be the final version, that I post, for the current season.  If anyone notices any mistakes, please let me know.

*I updated the playoff brackets to reflect the current lineup of teams.  Those teams that didn't make it, will be in a separate bracket.
*Injured players, who played at some point this season, on teams that didn't make the playoffs, are back on their active rosters.
*Added Nikita Kucherov to the active roster for TBL.
*Updated a headshot or two.

I removed ROM versions 2-5 (from the OP).  They're not really necessary at this point of the season.  However, I have them saved if someone really liked one vs the others.  So, PM if you need one of them for any reason.  No, I will not be re-posting them nor taking custom requests.  Thanks for understanding!

Enjoy!  Cheers!

Edited by Sauce
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tweeted er out bud. Thanks again for your hard work!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, halifax said:

Tweeted er out bud. Thanks again for your hard work!

Sounds good!  Thanks homie!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, baconcow said:

Loving this. Is there a way to fix the playoffs two players as teammates bug that the game has?

Thanks for downloading it! 

I have never played that mode (at least, for playoffs) and haven't noticed or heard of this bug.  I suspect the answer is no.  There was a lot of re-work/re-arranging of the code, to this file, to make it accommodate 32 teams.  As we have begun to notice, over the last couple of years, any fixes to one bug could create a new one.  So, not worth it.  Sorry.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, Sauce said:

Thanks for downloading it! 

I have never played that mode (at least, for playoffs) and haven't noticed or heard of this bug.  I suspect the answer is no.  There was a lot of re-work/re-arranging of the code, to this file, to make it accommodate 32 teams.  As we have begun to notice, over the last couple of years, any fixes to one bug could create a new one.  So, not worth it.  Sorry.  

Hi. I forgot to mention it appears to be a bug in the original game. There is a thread about it here where someone proposes using Game Genie codes to fix it, but I have not had luck using them. I only recently ran into it on your ROM while running a playoffs with two players. I was hoping it was fixable with code.

BTW, I love your mod. I've played about 40+ games with this and your previous end-of-season version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this!  Love how the classics are kept fresh with modern lineups, and lets us play our favorite teams today.  Hurts me to see Nedeljkovic rated so low, but that's probably just the homer in me speaking.  

Edited by L0ck
feelin' edity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, Sauce said:

Hi!  Just posted the Playoff Edition of this ROM (in the OP).  It will be the final version, that I post, for the current season.  If anyone notices any mistakes, please let me know.

*I updated the playoff brackets to reflect the current lineup of teams.  Those teams that didn't make it, will be in a separate bracket.
*Injured players, who played at some point this season, on teams that didn't make the playoffs, are back on their active rosters.
*Added Nikita Kucherov to the active roster for TBL.
*Updated a headshot or two.

I removed ROM versions 2-5 (from the OP).  They're not really necessary at this point of the season.  However, I have them saved if someone really liked one vs the others.  So, PM if you need one of them for any reason.  No, I will not be re-posting them nor taking custom requests.  Thanks for understanding!

Enjoy!  Cheers!

I'm a bit late to this, as I've been AWOL for a while.  Great work and I'll enjoy playing this, even though, in real life, the Leafs ended up shitting the bed when it counted!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi!  I decided to post a Playoff Version of this NHL94 2021 rom with the stamina hack.  I did this for the 2020 version, last year, as well.  Some folks like it so there you go...
The hack simply reduces fatigue faster so that you'll see more frequent line changes per period.  If you've downloaded the non-stamina hack version, and prefer it, please disregard.

No other edits/changes were made to the previous version, besides this hack, and none will because, well...

NHL94 2022.png

AUGUST 2021!  
:)

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

nm - stupid card reader made a bad copy of the rom.

Edited by chiefy
durp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...