NHL'94 Forums

NHL 99 Addons don’t show up in the game.

As you can see in these screenshots, I tried installing an addon I made for NHL 99, which is basically a human version of Sonic the Hedgehog. As you can also see, the game chooses not to display the addon. Interestingly, the addons DO show up on a virtual machine, but not a physical one. I’m not sure why this is happening: hence why I’m making this thread that’ll probably die the moment I post it.

1AA8F5AD-37A5-4E3A-8E6D-33629FCE4068.png

93A73F45-BFEB-4FB0-9270-5F8EA0F84EFC.png

AD0E1274-8546-467F-8C6B-684BC608C667.png

Edited by Jlsegafan2001
Stupid autocorrect got the best of me.

Just now, bushhockeyfan said:

honestly i feel like this type creativity modding is easy to accomplish in games like nba2k and Pro evolution soccer and not so much any EA games like NHL.

Modded portraits appear in-game in pretty much every iteration I have tried since NHL 98. But for whatever reason, it’s not working in 99.

54 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

Modded portraits appear in-game in pretty much every iteration I have tried since NHL 98. But for whatever reason, it’s not working in 99.

well its not just modding portraits its also the other things you tried before like: modding cyber faces, skins, and so much more.  nearly everything didn't work out well.

Edited by bushhockeyfan

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/2/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jlsegafan2001 said:

What Windows update prevented NHL 99 files from being modified? Because I'm 99% sure it was saome Windows update.

Windows 10?

I tried NHLINFO 5.72 with Windows 10. At first I couldn't change picture at all.

But after I moved all NHLINFO files (wnhlinfo.exe and all .DLL files)  to folder \NHL99 it worked and picture show up in the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, #64MG said:

Windows 10?

I tried NHLINFO 5.72 with Windows 10. At first I couldn't change picture at all.

But after I moved all NHLINFO files (wnhlinfo.exe and all .DLL files)  to folder \NHL99 it worked and picture show up in the game.

Even the .dll files not meant for NHL 99?

3 hours ago, #64MG said:

Windows 10?

No, they do not. You are lying.

29 minutes ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

No, they do not. You are lying.

So, over the years, due to several incomprehensible posts, you've received little to no help in your projects.  @#64MGwas kind enough to jump in and offer you some advice and then, you call him a liar.

Way to go!  :rolleyes:

• Love 1

Just now, Sauce said:

So, over the years, due to several incomprehensible posts, you've received little to no help in your projects.  @#64MGwas kind enough to jump in and offer you some advice and then, you call him a liar.

Way to go!  :rolleyes:

I said that because what he said didn't work!

1 minute ago, Jlsegafan2001 said:

I said that because what he said didn't work!

Maybe the issue is you?  If it works for him, do the math.  Maybe you should apologize to him and actually ask him to help you understand why YOU can't get it to work.  Afterall, you're the one with the problem and he may be the one with the solution.  

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you run the game so that CD is required to play the game? Try to run it with no-cd crack.

It's possible that your picture file is read from cd instead of hard drive.

It can happen when the game is running on win 10 where installation process to get old games to work have done differently. Normally installation is done by setup.exe, but win 10 can't do it. Now it thinks that the game isn't fully installed and read files from disc.

Use no-cd crack to force read files from hard drive.

• 4 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 5:26 AM, #64MG said:

Do you run the game so that CD is required to play the game? Try to run it with no-cd crack.

It's possible that your picture file is read from cd instead of hard drive.

It can happen when the game is running on win 10 where installation process to get old games to work have done differently. Normally installation is done by setup.exe, but win 10 can't do it. Now it thinks that the game isn't fully installed and read files from disc.

Use no-cd crack to force read files from hard drive.

This works! Thank you so much!

• Love 1