NHL'94 Forums

Genesis Draft League Idea

chaos

Draft League Poll  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Keep hot/cold boosts in the ROM?

• Yes, keep hot/cold in, I like when I have a booming shot and my passes bounce off my forwards.
    • No, take hot/cold boosts out, Healy is a bad enough goalie already, being hot doesn't help him.
  2. 2. Keep penalties (changed to 1 min) in the ROM?

• Yes, I do better shorthanded than I do with 5 skaters.
    • No, let Ray Bourque unleash his full uninhibited power amongst his enemies without repercussions.

36 minutes ago, smozoma said:

One thing that always worried me about using the "show true ratings" hack was that you'd have some unscrupulous people who would fake a desynch if they saw Roenick was cold at the start of the game. So I think it's best to either remove hot/cold or leave it like normal where you have to FEEL if a guys is hot or cold.

Did this happen a lot in the past or was it like one azzhole who did that?  I only know of 1 guy who might pull something like that but he doesn't play anymore.  

Edited by Uncle Seth

59 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

What about draft order.  Random or based on ability?  I think if some high A coach randomly ends up with 1st pick & gets JR,  makes things very tough for everyone else.  You know me, always against the luck factor, so I think random draft order is garbage.  People can always trade if there are players they really want.  FPB used to give up his picks in round 2-8 to get that 1st pick JR.  We all know Roenick is worth his weight in gold.

Yeah I think you are right. Weighted draft order would be best. I'll take the first draft and put set up draft based on skill (using past classic seasons as a base). Then the following drafts will be based on previous season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uncle Seth said:

Did this happen a lot in the past or was it like one azzhole who did that?  I only know of 1 guy who might pull something like that but he doesn't play anymore.  

I never ran a league with that mod, because I figured there were a few guys who might try to do that. I can still think of a couple guys who have played recently who might possibly do something like that to get the upper hand when it mattered.

• Confused 1

On 12/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, smozoma said:

One thing that always worried me about using the "show true ratings" hack was that you'd have some unscrupulous people who would fake a desynch if they saw Roenick was cold at the start of the game. So I think it's best to either remove hot/cold or leave it like normal where you have to FEEL if a guys is hot or cold.

i think a better solution is to ban anyone who fakes a desync

why cater to people who want to cheat?

• Like 1