NHL'94 Forums

First post here, just wanted to say hi!

ramiro000

Hi everyone!

As the saying goes, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've known this site for a while, but after watching the doc about NHL 94 on youtube, and seeing how welcoming the community was/is, I wanted to say hi and, hopefully, participate a bit in here. I don't have, sadly, any childhood stories related to this game, as I was born just a year later of the release of this game, and in a country where ice hockey isn't popular, but my first contact with the series was with what most people would call the lesser NHL title: NHLPA '93 for the SNES (on a old japanese SFC that someone gave to my father and that's still on my console drawer along with a PS4). I was 8, though, and didn't notice very much the flaws, and it was a ton of fun!

A few years ago, when I discovered that there were even better games than 93, I started searching local markets and found NHL 95 for the SNES, and while it wasn't 94, I also had a blast playing (the game is a little too fast to my taste, though). One day, two years ago, I found almost by coincidence someone that was selling a copy of NHL 94, I bought it and since then I've been hooked to the game since then. I love how simple the control scheme is, yet it is also so deceivingly hard to master!

As a south american, I imagine it may be quite hard to participate in online gaming (due to latency/ping), but I'd love to join in, at least, in the discussion about this game, techniques, etc!

Thanks everybody for reading, and I apologize in advance for my quite horrible english!

• Like 4

Welcome!

It's worth trying to play some exhibition games online. Everyone's used to playing with lag once in a while :)

Join the discord chat and someone can help you get set up: https://discord.gg/H7vrytU

(I didn't even notice you weren't a native english speaker. There's only one word order reversal that might give it away)

21 hours ago, smozoma said:

Welcome!

It's worth trying to play some exhibition games online. Everyone's used to playing with lag once in a while :)

Join the discord chat and someone can help you get set up: https://discord.gg/H7vrytU

(I didn't even notice you weren't a native english speaker. There's only one word order reversal that might give it away)

Thank you! :) Just joined the server. Looking forward to chat with everyone!