NHL'94 Forums

ROM requests?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 10:30 AM, supersoundwave said:

Preferably '95 if possible.

So just a vanilla '95 with Ron instead of John?

Actually, since I've already done all of the leg work, I can whip that up in 15 minutes of copy/pasting.

I hope it's okay that I did not modify the title or main menu screens with the Hockey Night logo as that is a bit more of a process.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin

Figure I'd also follow UltraMagnus' tutorial and do a season accurate 56-Game season version.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition 56.bin

Edited by von Ozbourne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, von Ozbourme said:

Actually, since I've already done all of the leg work, I can whip that up in 15 minutes of copy/pasting.

I hope it's okay that I did not modify the title or main menu screens with the Hockey Night logo as that is a bit more of a process.

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin 2 MB · 3 downloads

This is great, thank you! :D

Edited by supersoundwave
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/19/2020 at 11:40 AM, von Ozbourme said:

NHL 95 HNIC Edition.bin 2 MB · 20 downloads

Adding Ron has been great, thanks again.

I'm now wondering, is it possible to replace the intro music with the 'Hockey Night and Canada' theme? Rosters and graphics can be updated and changed, but can the music be changed as well?

22 hours ago, supersoundwave said:

Adding Ron has been great, thanks again.

I'm now wondering, is it possible to replace the intro music with the 'Hockey Night and Canada' theme? Rosters and graphics can be updated and changed, but can the music be changed as well?

In theory, yes. You can't just stick a recording/MP3 into the game, you need to write the musical notes & timings into the game data. Unfortunately no one here has really figured out all the details of how to write the music data.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, smozoma said:

In theory, yes. You can't just stick a recording/MP3 into the game, you need to write the musical notes & timings into the game data. Unfortunately no one here has really figured out all the details of how to write the music data.

Pity really. Aside from the old HNIC theme obviously, I thought it would be cool to have a version of the Blades of Steel theme.

I know the NES has Famitracker, but so far the 16 bit music makers I've heard of don't seem to have a feature for letting you import <Genesis version of .NSF> files back into a game.
So at least it's not just an "us" problem.

• Like 1

Here's a thread with some work that was done on it. He seemed to have figured out a bit about note lengths and pitches.

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/19935-editing-musicsounds-in-nhl-94-a-start/

It probably is quite similar to MIDI music: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~music/cmsip/readings/MIDI tutorial for programmers.html

• Love 1
  • Like 1