NHL'94 Forums

Fighting In 94???

Hey, new here, just wondering if anyone was able to add fighting to NHL94, seeing as the fighting and penalty info from 93 is still

in 94. Theoretically you should be able to turn it on or off by changing some bytes, no? Also wondering if the blood was left over in the rom. Thanks.

Sadly, as much as I too hoped enabling fighting in 94 would be as easy as a value change to a specific byte in the ROM, that doesn't appear to be the case.

While the penalty text and player attributes (shared with handednesss) are there, the sprites don't appear to be there (also recently checked myself using tile molester).

So that being the case I don't hold much hope of fighting ever being in 94.

the engine is there, its IS disabled, the sprites are gone

i think wboy is smart enough to put the sprites back in =)

the attributes and penalty text used by the engine are there, but the the related code that triggers fights may not be. Sure I could put the sprites back in, but making the game use them appropriately is hard part. I'd probably have more hope adding one timers to 93.... just don't ask for manual goalies.