NHL'94 Forums

98 fighting experiments...

so ive been playing around with penalties in 98...

you can give 2 minute penalties for offsides and icing and faceoffs, kinda fun

when a goalie covers the puck he gets a penalty and skates to the box

as for fighting...

there is only 1 fight per game in 5,10,20 min doesnt matter

also the rating system is backwards,  in NOSE theres the category "roughness"  well the toughguys have a lower number 1 or 2... and the sissys have a 5 or 6

so im thinking what "roughness" actually is... is AVOID PENALTY or like composure ... umm whats another word

AND when comparing to 94 its the opposite... toughguys will have a higher number

(with some expeptions)

so what is this "roughness"?  in the later games its something different

and...

with aggression, 6 is the highest at 99 but yet theres players with Aggression over that 7 8 9 A B C D E F

TRIVIA: what player is on 2 different teams in 94?

ANSWER: Stu Grimson... ANA and CHI

back to the 98 code...

98pens.jpg

im thinking the beginning part is the referee animation in the upper corner when a penalty is called, then the time before the player skates to the box, then the penalty minute amount

but stuff like offsides icing faceoff have 00 for penalty minute mount... so you can change it to make people go to the box

so im guessing you can do the opposite, make penalties 00 and they wont get called?

Edited by 77

So Roughness in NHL 94, as far as I know and most ROM hackers treat it, controls pass/shot bias. Lower = more passes (Adam Oates has 0), and higher = more shots (Mike Gartner has 5).

I have no idea about the aggression going over 6, I haven't seen it in the original game yet though.

On 11/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, seamor said:

So Roughness in NHL 94, as far as I know and most ROM hackers treat it, controls pass/shot bias. Lower = more passes (Adam Oates has 0), and higher = more shots (Mike Gartner has 5).

I have no idea about the aggression going over 6, I haven't seen it in the original game yet though.

Oh... now you tell me.

<looks over at 7.5 ROMs worth of customized ratings>

Nope, not changing it.
Really?
Nope. It's fine.
But... Really?
...maybe I can take a look just in case.
There you go!
i hate you...