-Rosters/lines as of trade deadline
-Ratings updates
-New title screen
-v1.21 uploaded to remove Vesey from Leafs

ZsfONCc.png

Okay, 1.0 release is ready!

The usuals:
-Updated rosters, logos, graphics, and player portraits for all NLC starters
-clockwise sprite hack, smoz 3-stars hack, weight bug fix, and speed burst set to 75% of original rom
-Several graphic hacks for crease, benches, goal light, faceoff boxes, etc...

Unique to this year:
-All teams are using reverse retro jerseys to replace their away/light or home/dark as applicable! (see screen shots)
-COL, MIN, and WPG with special anniversary center ice logos
-Players who are out long term but may return at some point (Toews, Kucherov, Tarasenko...) are on the roster but on the bench. Players out for year (Klefbom) removed from roster.

All feedback always welcome! I do not plan on doing constant updates, but may do a quick 1.01 update for bugs (and/or if Dubois is traded in the next few days)

5qofkrB.png8x2ZgeJ.pngVFnGYUV.pngRHFcuH7.pngl8geoOr.png6qp0aT1.pngxg7BZ4i.png

nhl 2021 by naples39 12-4 beta.bin

NHL 2021 by naples39.zip

NHL 2021 by naples39 1.1.bin

NHL 2021 by naples39 1.21.zip

Edited by naples39
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just noticed that the game freezes when you choose Anaheim or Washington for some playoffs. You can't go from one top to the other when you are choosing your team. Don't remember how to fix that, must be by changing the playoffs tree with nose I guess? 

I tried the rom with an emulator on my snes mini.

Edited by mitch13

27 minutes ago, mitch13 said:

Just noticed that the game freezes when you choose Anaheim or Washington for some playoffs. You can't go from one top to the other when you are choosing your team. Don't remember how to fix that, must be by changing the playoffs tree with nose I guess? 

I tried the rom with an emulator on my snes mini.

Add the 32nd team to the Playoff tree, in NOSE, and it won't freeze.  Or, in EARE, make it so there are only 31 teams in the playoff possibilities.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love it, as always!  Thanks so much!  I absolutely love the idea of having a version with the reverse retro uniforms!  Just a SMALL change I noticed...apparently the Penguins are wearing their white helmets with their reverse retros after all (boo).  NHL 21 just recently made this change.  Any chance this version sticks around as an alternate version once I'm assuming you switch the jerseys back to the teams' "regular" ones?  Also, (a pipe dream, since I'm totally ignorant as to how to do such things) any chance we could see the teams' reverse retro logos on the menu screens to go with such a version? That'd be awesome.  

On 12/23/2020 at 3:01 PM, brianski71 said:

Love it, as always!  Thanks so much!  I absolutely love the idea of having a version with the reverse retro uniforms!  Just a SMALL change I noticed...apparently the Penguins are wearing their white helmets with their reverse retros after all (boo).  NHL 21 just recently made this change.  Any chance this version sticks around as an alternate version once I'm assuming you switch the jerseys back to the teams' "regular" ones?  Also, (a pipe dream, since I'm totally ignorant as to how to do such things) any chance we could see the teams' reverse retro logos on the menu screens to go with such a version? That'd be awesome.  

I will update the jerseys when the season starts. I was using screen shots from NHL21 as a guide for pants and helmets, but will verify everything for the 1.0 release.

I will probably not do a normal version and a reverse retro jersey version, or have retro logos. I like having the reverse retro jerseys this year to mix things up and make this year's ROM unique, and I don't have the interest or time to maintain parallel versions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:53 PM, naples39 said:

I will update the jerseys when the season starts. I was using screen shots from NHL21 as a guide for pants and helmets, but will verify everything for the 1.0 release.

I will probably not do a normal version and a reverse retro jersey version, or have retro logos. I like having the reverse retro jerseys this year to mix things up and make this year's ROM unique, and I don't have the interest or time to maintain parallel versions.

Any idea when your season opener rom is begin released?

On 1/16/2021 at 7:05 PM, Tabs3121 said:

Any idea when your season opener rom is begin released?

I’m out of town until Wednesday, so once I get back it’s a matter of how fast I can work finalizing rosters based on opening day squads.  Hopefully just a few days.

3 hours ago, Tabs3121 said:

Great work on the rom. Sucks that right after releasing it, one of the biggest trades in recent NHL history happens.

Shouldn't be that big a deal, although I didn't expect the trade to literally come within 12 hours LOL. I'll give it a few days to see if anyone catches a few bugs and then I'll upload a new version.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2021 at 10:43 AM, dwyersp said:

Hi! With Nikita Kucherov out for the season, do you have any plans to switch out his picture for someone else at the start of the game? 

Thanks so much for all your fantastic work on your yearly mod! -Sean

Yeah, it is pretty goofy to have Kucherov as startup pic now! I'm open to suggestions for a new pic/player.

Great Job naples39, I love the artwork that you put into your rom hacks. I have noticed however that Patrick Marleau is listed at a Righty in your romhacks. He is a Lefty IRL, and I know modding rosters and getting the right info correct through hundreds of players is very tedious. I have fixed his hand placement in the roms that I have downloaded via Hex workshop. I just wanted to let you know that this is an on going issue in your Roms. Keep up the great work. 

On 2/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, l o f i - poutine said:

Great Job naples39, I love the artwork that you put into your rom hacks. I have noticed however that Patrick Marleau is listed at a Righty in your romhacks. He is a Lefty IRL, and I know modding rosters and getting the right info correct through hundreds of players is very tedious. I have fixed his hand placement in the roms that I have downloaded via Hex workshop. I just wanted to let you know that this is an on going issue in your Roms. Keep up the great work. 

Thanks! I can't get possibly catch everything by myself so I appreciate the tip.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, naples39 said:

Bump for new rom upload, v1.1 with updated rosters, ratings, and a new title screen.

As a Penguins fan, I am troubled by the omission of Pierre-Olivier Joseph (Zach Trotman can be dumped), and it's Zach Aston-Reese, not Auston-Reese.  Two little nits I'm picking for what is otherwise a great ROM!

23 hours ago, The Dopefish said:

As a Penguins fan, I am troubled by the omission of Pierre-Olivier Joseph (Zach Trotman can be dumped), and it's Zach Aston-Reese, not Auston-Reese.  Two little nits I'm picking for what is otherwise a great ROM!

Thanks. I will make those changes!

On 2/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, dwyersp said:

Amazing work! 

For those who use programs like RetroPie to play these NHL94 games, here is a quick custom cover art I made for Naples39's mod. 

NHL 2021-image (6).png

If you are using RetroArch or anything like it, you might be interested in this: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/20083-la-tormentas-cover-collection-work-in-progress

• 2 weeks later...