NHL'94 Forums

Hello All, 

Im going to be using this forum to create a directory of all my roms I've modified and uploaded. But his will consist of new updates, old versions as well as future project notices. In addition, Ill be posting "How To" for each rom on how I created my version, or where I was able to find the details to modify in the rom.

AHL '21 (95) B.bin AHL '21 (95).bin CHL '21 (95).bin ECHL '21 (95).bin EoW-S1.bin KHL '21 (95).bin NCAA'21(95).bin NHL '21 (95) 2.0.bin Triple Play Gold '20.bin Tecmo Super Bowl 3 '20.bin World Series Baseball '20 (98).smd

AHL '21 (95).png

CHL '21 (95).png

ECHL '21 (95).png

EoW S1.png

KHL '21 (95).png

NCAA '21 (95).jpg

NCAA '21 (95).jpg

NHL '21 (95).jpg

Triple Play Gold '20.png

Tecmo Super Bowl III '20.jpg

World Series Baseball '20 (98).png

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

NBA Live '21 (98)

What to expect moving forward:

• Annual Roster updates, plus updated rosters +Ratings monthly based on 2K21 rating system. 
  • Logo changes - To be updated shortly
  • Court colors and logo changes - To be updated shortly

NBA Live '21 (98).png

NBA Live '21 (98).bin

• Love 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:50 AM, UltraMagnus said:

Hello All, 

Im going to be using this forum to create a directory of all my roms I've modified and uploaded. But his will consist of new updates, old versions as well as future project notices. In addition, Ill be posting "How To" for each rom on how I created my version, or where I was able to find the details to modify in the rom.

• World Series Baseball 98'
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 
  • Tecmo Super Bowl 3
  • Triple Play Baseball Gold
  • John Madden Series 
  • NHL 95
  • NFL Primetime
  • Madden 64 - N64
  • Blitz - N64

You are creating rom updates for John Madden on the Genesis and Nintendo 64? That is beyond awesome including how-tos to find the info in the hex editor. This would be really great work. I see you already made NBA Live updated, I will check that out.

1 hour ago, slapshot67 said:

What year of madden on the genesis?

'93 with updated rosters...but there is no names. Just #. But have some parts that have been updated. Main Screen and some smaller icons as well. Also, updated Madden 98 a bit. Have found all the parts to update names and ratings.

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Played some and streamed with my buds on Saturday.  They were amazed by your work. 

We did have a issues with the  End of the World ROM Wu Tang vs the Cardinals froze in 3rd for player sub.

Again great stuff!

you can watch some of it here 

Edited by segathon
  • Love 1

Hey @segathon love the colorful commentary and thanks for bringing this up. I found out that it is due to team that have some players that are "non" players causes the rom to freeze. Not many spots where it happens. Best to change the lines at the beginning. Ill look into other team and stages of the game to see if it happens again.

If there are other roms your group is looking for let me know.

• Like 1

Hello NHL95 Enthusiasts!!!

I'm delighted to announce NHL21 (95) has arrived with a bunch of new features and a little early.

88401-nhl-95-genesis-front-cover.jpg

• New Intros splashes.
  • Updated Ice
  • Updated Banners
  • Some Easter Eggs (Can you find the some of these)
  • New Screens to the game
  • Updated Player Cards.
  • Some top prospects with their new teams (Lafrienere, Byfield, etc.)
  • Seattle Kraken consist of the top remaining Free Agents and some of the TAXI players as of January 9th, 4PM EST.
  • Futures are the top prospects for the 2021 Draft and the Legends return as the Hall of Famers.

Rosters as of January 9th via Capfriendly.com and puckpedia.com
Line Combos as of January 9th via Dailyfaceoff.com and puckpedia.com

Hope you enjoy and look forward to your feedback.

UltraMagnus

NHL '21 (95) 2.2.bin

Edited by UltraMagnus
  • Thanks 3

[Incidentally I encountered a game breaking bug when using this fix and after I used EARE to set team ratings. Now, when trying to scroll to team #32, although only while on "New Playoffs", the game just freezes. Curious if anyone else encountered either issue and knows what might have happened there and how to resolve it.]

Edited by von Ozbourme
because I'm an idiot
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, von Ozbourme said:

Incidentally I encountered a game breaking bug when using this fix and after I used EARE to set team ratings. Now, when trying to scroll to team #32, although only while on "New Playoffs", the game just freezes. Curious if anyone else encountered either issue and knows what might have happened there and how to resolve it.

Basically, the game is trying to find a playoff tree that includes the team in question, failing, and getting stuck. Just make sure every selectable team is included in at least one playoff tree.

51 minutes ago, DeterminedApathy said:

Basically, the game is trying to find a playoff tree that includes the team in question, failing, and getting stuck. Just make sure every selectable team is included in at least one playoff tree.

Ive updated the rom to show that. It works properly now. Thank you again @DeterminedApathy for bringing that up.

Ill also, be releasing one last version. The day of opening night due to some potential waivers (Perry, Erickson, and Juulsen, so far.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Ive updated the rom to show that. It works properly now. Thank you again @DeterminedApathy for bringing that up.

Ill also, be releasing one last version. The day of opening night due to some potential waivers (Perry, Erickson, and Juulsen, so far.)

No longer potential... all three were waived.  Juulsen (waived yesterday) was claimed by Florida today.

21 minutes ago, UltraMagnus said:

Thanks @SauceJust waiting to see if there is any class worth wild to add. 

I understand... I'm in the same boat...
89 players got waived today.  More will come and some, will (likely) get claimed.  There were also some PTOs signed over the last couple of weeks so that potentially factors in as well (if they get actual contracts).

8 hours ago, DeterminedApathy said:

Huh, well how about that.

It's weird because it worked before I set the team ratings. I guess I forgot that team #32 was not previously selectable and I made it so at the same time.
Thanks @DeterminedApathyfor saving me potentially a lot of work. [the "save early, save often" rule means that I make a new copy of each iteration for the purpose of catching, and not losing a lot of work due to, bugs. unfortunately I didn't catch this one and it was carried through ten versions.]
Suppose I can take this opportunity to add more variety to the match ups.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...